HutchTouch

Lag compensation should be removed until it is working correctly.

The issue isn't with jumping around a corner in this game, it's the jumping around the corner combined with insane lag compensation, more noticeably with high-ping players, I am frequently dying to players before they are even fully visible on my screen and if you watch the deaths in shadow-play it's crazy how prevalent it is.

This is why newer players are getting frustrated and saying "corner jumping is OP" it's not the corner jumping per say, it's when corner jumping is combined with the most insane lag comp I've ever seen.

I die after crouching behind cover/running around a corner more in this game than I do in any CoD.

Until the lag comp is fully working as intended it simply shouldn't be in the game as it is now. At the moment players with worse connections are getting advantages they should not have. By default it was disabled in Promod on almost all servers and it should be disabled here too.

TL:DR; Corner jumping is not OP. It IS OP when combined with the lag comp that's in this game and it's driving newer players away which is bad overall for the game and community.

EDIT: I'm sorry some players have bad connections wherever they are in the world and it isn't fair but it's also not fair to give them an advantage and penalize players who are willing to spend more money for good connections.

Edited by HutchTouch
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Well to be honest  I really don't know what is going on. Does anyone ? 

Game is not even that fast we had corner jumping and all that jazz in promod it was never an issue and game felt smooth. When you died you knew exactly where was your mistake.

Right now i really struggle to have fun.

This is my biggest problem with the game right now. I can deal with bugs, server issues etc all day even if they are irritating; I understand that it is in EA. But the unreliable netcode and peeker's advantage being broken makes a game not enjoyable to play as it takes away your chance of winning fights fairly and with skill. I think corner jumping is a fantastic idea. But this game simply WILL NOT WORK with the current lag comp that is implemented. Already top players understand that the meta is to time your jump around a corner for a nearly guaranteed kill (gets worse with ping) and hard angle holding is a form of suicide. If there is a second player just start proning and most of the bullets will just miss you. That makes for terrible gameplay which is what it is starting to boil down to. Again, corner jumping and "dolphin diving" shooting is fine like many have said. It is just cancerous when it can't be countered due to them killing you before you see them. It's even quite evident when teams all have ~50 ping (4x that if from EU). High ping must always be punished for the sake of people in their own regions having a good experience. bad netcode is my biggest pet peeve in games. That is why I LOVED BF4 when it was fixed, Rainbow Six Siege's as well (they nerfed high pingers abusing their ping and rushing with fast operators so server has to verify the hits) and why I have little patience for competitively grinding rankings in PUBG's leaderboards anymore because you will die due to netcode issues that you will replay on shadowplay and just think "literally nothing I can do about a teleporting player or player who killed me when I was 5 feet around a wall." I am begging the dev's to get on this early so it doesn't scare off players or cause them to mess up the movement system instead of the core issue.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Thor04 said:

Well to be honest  I really don't know what is going on. Does anyone ? 

Game is not even that fast we had corner jumping and all that jazz in promod it was never an issue and game felt smooth. When you died you knew exactly where was your mistake.

Right now i really struggle to have fun.

Yup, all of this was in promod yet you actually had a chance to react in other games, in this game you simply don't get a chance and are usually dead before you even realize or see that there's a player on your screen. Just look at the difference from pro players, when they jump shot they always shoot mid-jump or near the end of the jump, yet when I die to jump shooters it's literally the first frame they are visible on their screen. Does "mlg-jimmyxSwAg" have better reflexes than Soclon or QlImAXu? I think not.

• Upvote 1

I don't know anything about lag compensation at all, but it sounds interesting...

If this is true then @[CM] BigTuna should hear about it.

EDIT: Or maybe it's solved already in today's update.. Let's see

Edited by WeAsOne

So going by this, interpolation seems to be out of whack and that is why motions are not smooth as they should be. Or maybe there is some server lag/lost packet etc It is impossible to tell what is really going on unless you know exactly how these systems work. I really doubt it because of engine because never experienced this in UT.

@WeAsOne There is nothing in patch notes about it and we didn't even see them even comment on this. 

Edited by Thor04

I notice this vs low-ping players as well. Not sure if this is just lag compensation or something else. There is just very little you can do if someone jumps around a corner. Whoever peeks first wins in most fights. I sometimes think to myself something like "wow this guy must have great reflexes". Then the next round I am the one who gets to peek and kill him without him even shooting back. I have around 30-45 ping depending on the server I am connected to and what I described happens vs low ping players all the time. 

It´s kind of annoying because you constantly have to remind you that you can´t hold an angle in CQC and always need to be the one that is moving/peeking etc. 

Yea this game is going nowhere competitively unless they fix these problems. The BAR is better now but I can't tell you how many times I've one tapped on people's head 100% on their dome and have it reg a body shot. Gunplay is pretty low skill cap right now. Game needs work. 

Edited by d1spatch