Sign in to follow this  
puddignman

Are crosshair overlays bannable or ok?

Hey, I was wondering whether using crosshair overlays from programs like Mumble or Overwolf is a bannable offense or not. I''ve seen the question pop up a couple of times but no dev or higher-up has answered so here's hoping that somebody will now

• Upvote 3

I don't think it's bannable because it's not injecting anything in to the process, but I'm no professional on the subject, I'd wait for a dev response or statement to be on the safe side, man.

There are even monitors that have a crosshair overlay utility, and as that is not injecting anything or modifying any kind of code, the anti-cheat wouldn't be able to detect it (I'm not a games programmer, so don't take my word on it).

So to answer the question, in my opinion, it won't be bannable. :)

Using a program for a crosshair is still an overlay and detectable by anti-cheat.  I don't think it should result in a ban but I still think that games should be played as they are made.  I personally classify anything that enhances the gameplay, in an unintended way, a cheat, but using a crosshair on battalion does not seem like a big deal. If you ask me, macros are a cheat, so I may not be the best judge on this matter :D

Using a monitor with a crosshair feature is completely undetectable and safe to use.

On 2/9/2018 at 8:56 AM, puddignman said:

Hey, I was wondering whether using crosshair overlays from programs like Mumble or Overwolf is a bannable offense or not. I''ve seen the question pop up a couple of times but no dev or higher-up has answered so here's hoping that somebody will now

As the game is right now and the way the weapon spray from hip firing is sooooo random, using an overlay will not do anything but annoy you!

Stand near a wall and fire from the hip, 3 out of 10 shots will end up in the middle of the hip firing crosshair, the other 7 shots are randomly fired off left and right. Now compare this to the old CoD 1 + UO + CoD2 and you will see the difference. In the old games the hip firing was always in the middle, the guns would recoil and the bullets would follow the recoil but still in the middle of the crosshairs as it lifted with the recoil.

Compare this to how the weapons are in 1944, they are way off when firing from the hip! If the Devs want a skill based game, you can't add random aiming, where is the learning curve when hip firing? At the moment it is luck if you miss the first shot, the 2nd, 3rd or 4th might be the next shot on target (middle of the crosshairs). This gets even worse over distance.

CoD I used to hate aiming down the barrel, this game is now forcing me to aim down the barrel or I get random spray after the 1st shot. Even a timed one tap every second is enough to fire shots off in all directions.

Dev's really need to fix hip firing accuracy if you want an oldstyle FPS feel! There is no need to decrease the crosshair size (maybe in prone a little), just make it more accurate and go compare it to the old CoD's while firing at a wall and watch the spread of bullets in both games. Once you fix this problem, you will have a game that people can actually run n gun or play stealth. At the moment, the only way to run n gun is to jump around a corner, wiggle the mouse in the general direction while holding your finger on fire, i'm not seeing the skill based game you want/described if this is the style you are forcing people to play.

TL;DR

Hip firing accuracy is broken/way off, ANY overlays will not put the bullets where they should go due to random spray pattern coded into the game when firing from the hip.

Yo dev's - fix up the hip accuracy and look sharp, the game will be more playable to casual gamers AND the ADS elite!

On 10-2-2018 at 8:40 PM, Chelly said:

EAC is not Detecting Stuff like Crosshair Overlays. Only Way you could get banned is manually by a Dev.

Overwolf is not even supporting Battalion 1944 (yet). Besides that, People say that some d3d hooking is needed to produce a crosshair on screen in games like Battalion and that makes it possible for EAC to pick it up. Besides that, there are bigger problems with 'enhancing' the game: Eyetracker can function as an aim-assist if setup properly, this option is also available in multiple cheats and therefor bannable. And yet, it's allowed. Let that sink in.....

but the basic problem still remains, if the spray is all over the place and damage falloff is as it is, it won't matter what sort of overlay or tracking software is used, random shots will fire off in all directions! The only way to get a 100% centered headshot kills from the hip is to use an aimbot, how are people supposed to fight against these if the aimbot has 100% aim and my skill based aim throwing shots everywhere even though i'm on target (hip firing crosshair), will randomly hit things if it feels like rewarding me with a kill that second?

Please try and test it, make a small mark on your screen you can remove, make it in the middle of the hip crosshair, fire at a wall and watch the bullets go everywhere, i'd be happy if it followed the recoil. Overlays won't do shit if the bullet pattern is sooo random compared to the recoil, even a good aim won't do anything to combat random spray pattern.

Back in the old days, I could go up against an aimbot(er) and come out ahead or even due to my style of play... Run n Gun with my own accuracy! This game, I have no chance the way it is now!