raine

SSD vs. HDD

Realistically, what would be the difference between having Battalion installed on SSD or HDD?

As far as I can tell, the only difference I have experienced is loading time upon launching client and when jumping into a match. The difference was like 20 seconds. Given the game is well optimized already (not talking about server issues etc.), why else would you want to have the game on SSD?

The reason why I'm asking is that I'm desperately trying to free some space on my SSD, so much that I resorted to putting Battalion on HDD.

Having a bit longer loading time is fine by me, was just curious if it affected anything else for someone?

My friends have their games on HDD's and it sometimes takes them 5 minutes to load the game, whilst my game starts almost instantly. Also when a server changes map, they take much longer to load in than me.

Edited by PowahRanger

I have all my games on HDD however, Battalion was the only game to take 2 - 3 mins to load up so i made some room on my SSD, moved the files over just to see if it made any difference and for me loading Battalion is almost instant now.

Mostly loading time I guess, when the game runs the action is in RAM and gpu RAM... That said a SSD don't hurt the performance ;)

• Upvote 1