Sign in to follow this  
Revolt

Need help: Want to make COD2 Maps

I'm an old COD2 geek and really want to get into modding/mapping for Battalion 1944 like I used to in COD2 days. 

Is anyone here interested in seeing a variation of a COD2 map in Battalion 1944? Perhaps a Toujane, or a Dawnville? :)

In any case, I would like to have someone point me in the right direction. 

What do you use to map in Battalion 1944? COD2 has a simple "Radiant Tool" that was basically an all-in-one tool for mapping, and it was great.

How do you go about this in Battalion 1944? 

Any advice appreciated! :)

Battalion uses Unreal Engine 4 (UE4).

I have not used it extensively, however there is a lot of documentation, tutorials, videos etc. and it does seems fairly easy to get started. Also im not sure if battalions assets are available to use now although EA is out, there are mod tools being released in the future. That being said there are quite a few WW2 ones floating around google.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seaanf said:

Battalion uses Unreal Engine 4 (UE4).

I have not used it extensively, however there is a lot of documentation, tutorials, videos etc. and it does seems fairly easy to get started. Also im not sure if battalions assets are available to use now although EA is out, there are mod tools being released in the future. That being said there are quite a few WW2 ones floating around google.

I've got limited experience with UE4, I was hoping there would be a 3rd party tool like there was Radiant for COD games. :)

The sooner someone can get CoD1&2's Carentan into this game the better. It is still, to this day, one of the best multiplayer maps ever. (In my opinion, of course.)

And just an FYI: for anyone who still occasionally plays CoD1, there's a well-administered UO server that continues to play this map regularly. It's run by RA, and is based in New York. Plus there are some other nice CTF maps in its rotation that, practically speaking, default to 16v16 rifles only (Mosin vs Kar98) matches... i.e., good times. (And no, I'm not affiliated with the clan; I'm just a bit selfish and would love to see the server more populated during non-traditional hours.)

Cod 2 maps were the best! They need to be big! Foy V2, Carentan, Normandy to name a few. Would also love to see the realism mod where you had to use bandages otherwise you bled out. If the 16yr olds want to run around in a lunchbox jumping and spamming let them. Let us take our time to hunt our target!

Toujane would most certainly be welcome but please if you do Dawnville, do the CoD1 version not CoD2. They destroyed that map in the 2nd iteration.