Jump to content
ec0

Cheaters??

Recommended Posts

Its hard to say, apart form the obvious aimbot. We need some sort of killcam to see how the player movements/view was.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh I never saw any cheater.. I've been called out as a cheater many times tho, but I don't. I just play smart, have a good gamesense, communicate with my team and have a good aim.

That's the problem with threads about cheating, that happens in every game but to me it's just people that are quite bad at the game that don't realize how much better than them you can be. I'm not hating on them but it's just, you know, when you played 5v5 fps for 10+ years at a good level at some point you'll feel things and know things

 

1 hour ago, Vinny said:

Its hard to say, apart form the obvious aimbot. We need some sort of killcam to see how the player movements/view was.

 

Killcam doesn't prove anything. The guy could have the info from a team mate, he could have heard a sound 5sec before the begining of the killcam, he could have know the guy will be there based off what the guy did in the previous rounds. Killcam could only detect aimbots, and even that would be sure because you would need more than a few killcams to be sure

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hautacam said:

Killcam doesn't prove anything. The guy could have the info from a team mate, he could have heard a sound 5sec before the begining of the killcam, he could have know the guy will be there based off what the guy did in the previous rounds. Killcam could only detect aimbots, and even that would be sure because you would need more than a few killcams to be sure

 

Well no, but it would still help "how did he see" "how did he hit me" when infact if you view the killcam you could see that quite easy.

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vinny said:

 

Well no, but it would still help "how did he see" "how did he hit me" when infact if you view the killcam you could see that quite easy.

So, if he didn't see you on the killcam but had the info over sound of a team mate's information you will think he cheats and you will be wrong

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hautacam said:

So, if he didn't see you on the killcam but had the info over sound of a team mate's information you will think he cheats and you will be wrong

Wow dude do you always have to have the last word? lol killcam is better then having nothing. Atleast you could see more then you can now. I'm not saying you can detect every cheat with it!

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/02/2018 at 10:17 PM, Vinny said:

Wow dude do you always have to have the last word? lol killcam is better then having nothing. Atleast you could see more then you can now. I'm not saying you can detect every cheat with it!

Well if you are only talking about finding cheaters killcam doesn't do shit appart from spotting aimbots what more do you  want

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hautacam said:

Well if you are only talking about finding cheaters killcam doesn't do shit appart from spotting aimbots what more do you  want

Having killcam would stop the "How did he see me" = cheater/WH

Least with killcam you could see that they actually did see you and there view point.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but they dont need to see you, you could make a noise near me just 1 missplaced step so you fall of a small ramp like on manorhouse or just a footstep when standing from a crouch and going to walk or anything and i know exactly where you are if your close by then il just jump round or lean peak and shoot you. maybe its called by a teammate. maybe its a blatantly obvious spot where people always are. even the following through walls shit means nothing because again if i hear someone running and im on the otherside of that wall il follow them looking at the wall as if to say whats this elephant doing stomping around lol..... plus kill cams will be like spectating a player views can differ what hes sees may not be what dead teammates see when watching him so kill cam might also be different.... happens in csgo smokes clear at different times to people specking you. also kill cams will give you a disadvantage because you dont see where the enemy goes after killing you for them few seconds.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lets face it competitive gaming is a joke with all these hackers playing the only way to stop it is organized Lan party's and even then some try to cheat

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sneak1961 said:

lets face it competitive gaming is a joke with all these hackers playing the only way to stop it is organized Lan party's and even then some try to cheat

Cheating is a big problem in PC games as we all know. The most effective way to tackle a problem is from multiple angles.  1st you need an anti cheat, then you need a report button and a review team and of course dedicated servers with active admins but that will not help with competitive play.  On that note I have not seen anyone cheating in 54 hours of playing, maybe one suspect person but that is really hard to judge.  Playing CoD 1, 2 and 4 I have been called a cheater many times there will always be better players than you and proving someone is hacking is very hard to do.  Also you can throw unlimited resources at the issue and it would not go away especially if a game gets big like CSGO or PUBG. What needs to be done with any game is provide multiple anti cheats and a review system without breaking the bank especially for a small dev team, they only have so much money.  I assume if this game gets really big we will see more resources put into anti-cheat but on that note it will also be a bigger problem therefore they will only be able to keep it from being a big issue like PUBG if done correctly.

Edited by Mr.SelfDestruct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cod1 still had one of the most efficient systems for catching wh's,  the show-tris method where you could strip away textures whilst watching a demo, took a fair amount of time on the "pro hackrs" but eventually they got too tired/stoned/drunk and gave them selves away aiming at a far target behind a wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crappy said:

Is there anyone out there who's not expecting cheaters in a FPS game?

Apparently there is 9_9

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I understand, he said he doubts that there is a cheater foreach game you play in Battalion...

And I think the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus.. i can count suspicious players on 1 hand. I have 100 hours now and i met about 2-3 players that could have cheatet. COULD HAVE. 
I played a lot of MW2 and CoD4 ESL/Promod, also CS:GO Global Elite and Faceit LVL 9 ... can you guess how often enemys suspect me for cheating ? :D

 

Most of them are just way better than you. Also happend to me. My own mates called me cheater because i gave prefire. How did i know the enemy comes there ? Game sense, soundcard that supports a louder foot step sound (but that was turned of since i dont like the sound mix) and very good headphones (beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro). 

My Headphones are actually one of the best for Gaming so far.. atleast in the area of 150-200 Euro. I mean there will be always be something better but with a higher price.
But  i already saw many streamers and gamers using them..

good headphones + soundcard > good headset (+soundcard)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KevinES said:

Jesus.. i can count suspicious players on 1 hand. I have 100 hours now and i met about 2-3 players that could have cheatet. COULD HAVE. 
I played a lot of MW2 and CoD4 ESL/Promod, also CS:GO Global Elite and Faceit LVL 9 ... can you guess how often enemys suspect me for cheating ? :D

 

Most of them are just way better than you. Also happend to me. My own mates called me cheater because i gave prefire. How did i know the enemy comes there ? Game sense, soundcard that supports a louder foot step sound (but that was turned of since i dont like the sound mix) and very good headphones (beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro). 

My Headphones are actually one of the best for Gaming so far.. atleast in the area of 150-200 Euro. I mean there will be always be something better but with a higher price.
But  i already saw many streamers and gamers using them..

good headphones + soundcard > good headset (+soundcard)

I don't think that hardware has that much to do with hearing footsteps in battalion.  I have stupidly expensive sound setup and games are what benefit least from it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×