ec0

Cheaters??

8 minutes ago, ec0 said:

I've seen nearly 1 in every game now. There should be some sort of report system..??

i play since the beta and i never saw a cheater in any game i played and they might just heard you when you running cause the footstep are very loud in the game so you can heard you pretty easily ;)

• Upvote 1

No. Nearly every occasion the cheater was on my team.. I could spectate and verify 100%.

• Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, ec0 said:

No. Nearly every occasion the cheater was on my team.. I could spectate and verify 100%.

correct most games i see these cheaters  and my friend sees even more than me  ...even though its really hard to determine with the speed of the snap shooting and the dysnc  from the slow servers its still can be very obvious

• Downvote 7

Well if pubg ( uses ut4engine ) is riddled with 1+ million banned cheats I can 100% guarantee theres heaps in this game trolololing mm atm

I wouldn't say that the game have or not cheaters because I didn't know.

What I can surly say is that I've found a lot of players that mustn't have fun playing against me because I'm way to easy to be killed; that's mean, from my side, frustration, doubt,...

But I still with doubt because when I find a server where I've fun (not necessarily mean that I'm good, just that I can move a little bit and sometimes be lucky and make a frag) sometimes I die anyway with a single shot.

Battalion is voted to esports; they have already a good base (number) of (semi)professional players... probably they fire more accurately than me and probably they aim most of time on my head; personally I've more an instinctive and generical target approach.

I find players with an other game approach aswell: preshoting (even if my % precision wouldn't be good I shot only on my target -one of the engagement rules-... but you will find players that will always turn an edge shooting "just in case" and, sometimes, they can hit... it doesn't necessarily mean that they have a wallhack) or jumpers.

I'm not a really good player ( k/d ratio ) so I understand that I can find players that can make incredible scores but I'm not ready to say that they are cheating.

But I agree on a point: a report system could be nice (if good used --> if each player report only because he think that... the controllers would be submerged and I think that, at the moment, it would take away to much resources that must be used into other points)

your mistaking good players for cheaters because there is not a chance you have had a cheater in most games youve played... might have been unlucky and come across 1 or 2 but certainly not  most games.... dont worry you wont see anymore once you get your rank 😉

• Upvote 1

Someone posted a video of a wallhack already, so they do exist.

Hopefully, since there's a huge level of support going in, they'll be handled by the DEVs.

It is rife as I have seen it a few times on our server - you can report it through social but it is unclear what is being done, and I would like to know

See here https://postimg.org/image/ck17d5j6d/ - for those who just want to view the picture as we were made aware of it by one of our community members. 

I just struggle to see what the enjoyment is when you cheat.  There is no satisfaction

Yeah I die lots at the moment but slowly I am getting better, my movement is better and you get to that exceptional level

I think it is a shame but until we can BAN people, we community server admins can not protect our regular gamers

FW3-1944-_SShot001.png

• Upvote 1

I've encountered suspicious players but I have not been 100% sure about anyone. Then again I've been called a cheater quite a few times and I am quite average at the game at best.

I am more worried about the various enhancing softwares like sound radars and audio compressors. Also editing of the game files to replace textures to make enemy models more visible.  I feel that this is the stuff that should be focused on first. Detecting cheats is a very tricky thing since they can always counter any detection attempts. The way effective anti cheats work is to collect the data and then mass ban cheaters. Rinse and repeat.

I worked as tester for DExUS when he was developing Universal Anti-Cheat 3, and balancing the anti-cheat in a way that does not interfere with the performance of the game can be a nightmare to deal with.  UAC3 was fairly intrusive and resource intensive and still mostly caught cheaters who had some kind of malfunction with their cheat injectors. Signature detection which is probably the easiest on system resources is not really that effective at catching cheaters unless people actively donate and report cheats to the developers and even then, most private cheats would be undetectable.

Played 50 plus hours,  i haven't seen an obvious one yet.  But make no mistake they are out there 😔

Walling,  would be a big one and hard to tell if they are experienced and good at the game to start with. 

Kill cams and post game reviews will need to be implemented eventually so the community can clear out the trash. 

2 hours ago, Twitch.tv/aussiexthunder said:

Played 50 plus hours,  i haven't seen an obvious one yet.  But make no mistake they are out there 😔

Walling,  would be a big one and hard to tell if they are experienced and good at the game to start with. 

Kill cams and post game reviews will need to be implemented eventually so the community can clear out the trash. 

kill cams dont allow for good reading of the game and game sense and dont allow for sound (i dont think) il be kicked from most servers 😂😂

There is already at least 1 paid hack out for Battalion 1944 and the coder isn't going to leave it detected. The battle against cheats isn't simple. 

Whether I encountered a cheater already is another question. Can't confidently say I did. 

Edited by Firefly
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, DIRTY HARRY said:

This looks intresting. 

I can already see dictators jailing their opponents for 30 years for "cheating" :D

It might hurt, but there are many pro players in this game who are just way better than you...
"Cheaters every game" ??? I strongly doubt that...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Apparently the coding in battalion is so close to that of COD that the hackers only have to change a few lines of code to get the old COD  hacks working on battalion

now theirs food for thought

• Downvote 4

45 minutes ago, Sneak1961 said:

Apparently the coding in battalion is so close to that of COD that the hackers only have to change a few lines of code to get the old COD  hacks working on battalion

mmm.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 12-2-2018 at 6:45 PM, Sneak1961 said:

lol

This is always a difficult question. Cheating industry is huge so of course there are cheaters in all games, but not necessarily in all maps. That you don't have see a cheater is necessarily not because they are not there. Cheating code today has become good like those who use them. The time with a obvious aimbot is over and they can be hard to find. It is naive to believe that all good players are good by nature.