Grasshopper

Can I upgrade my laptop or need a new gaming PC?

Let me explain something before the "OMG. LOL. Do you play Battalion on your laptop?" Yes, I do. I've always had a gaming desktop, but switched to a laptop when I went to college/university(gaming pc was outdated and couldn't afford buying both). Two/three years ago I bought a new laptop, because my old one past away(RIP). Currently I have the Asus n551jx-cn176h laptop. Surprisingly enough I can play Battalion with 100 fps steady, but sometimes I need to tone it down to 80 fps(I assume because of overheating?). 

My question is if I can upgrade my Asus n551jx-cn176h to gain more fps(buy a new videocard or memory or something else) and with what? I'm no expert, but I understand that changing parts in a laptop is more difficult and sometimes isn't even possible. Or do I need to buy an entire new gaming pc? 

These are the specs:

Video card: GeForce GTX 950M

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

RAM: 8 GB

Windows 10 64-bit.

Yea, most likely, if your not a electronics engineer it stops at RAM upgrade in a laptop...

• Upvote 1

it is possible to upgrade your ram on a laptop and if you are lucky you may be able to purchase an external GPU enclosure but the price would be on the high side. You are better off building a new desktop

1 hour ago, Kannibal said:

it is possible to upgrade your ram on a laptop and if you are lucky you may be able to purchase an external GPU enclosure but the price would be on the high side. You are better off building a new desktop

It would be better and cheaper to just go stationary ;)

• Upvote 1

Bought a new desktop after I tried playing Battalion on my laptop. Took 15 minutes to launch the game, and had 30 fps with everything on lowest settings...

Was well worth it! :)