Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
speed

Active players decreased by 50%

Recommended Posts

Making the game free to play for a bit is best done the week before the official release. At that time, all issues will hopefully be solved and the open beta can act like a good ad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gabor Marton said:

- The other thing that I only like 1 map of all the released maps. Old cod UO/2 maps should be implemented.

You'll just have to wait for the mods then... They won't add them in their official map poole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as a dev, you cant violate copyright law. as a modder, you prolly can cuz no one cares. big companies know that they wont get anything out of sueing some random modder in his room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Firefly said:

This is my problem:

crash.png

When people play on my server, the memory goes up and up and up and up, and at some point, my server crashes. 

Sometimes it crashes when it reaches 80, sometimes 120. It's totally random. I've had situations in which my server crashed each 20 minutes. 

This is what the provider has to say about it:

"However, this actually seems to be part of a Dev issue that has already been raised to the devs.
This will hopefully be fixed in the next patch they do.
Once the patch is released, we'll update the servers with it."

 

What is the CPU Used on those servers ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a friend on my steam list who messaged me. He is a CSGO player I helped out a while ago who has worked his way up from basically silver to an ESEA rank A pugger with decent RWS. He has never been good at a different game. He saw people playing this game and bought it to try it out. Within 4 hours he had determined that the game was bad because he couldn't break even in any of the matches he played and he refunded it. Another person in my server the other night was going on and on about how the game's shit because he has 2700 hours in CSGO and is a Global Elite but he was repeatedly dying to me and was mad at himself.

I asked him why he should be mad at himself, since he should not expect to do all that well simply because he's a CS player. I used to be CAL-IM and CAL-M in CoD2 and CoD4 and this game was much more comfortable for me and easy to pick up. I wouldn't just wander into CSGO and expect to routinely beat an ESEA-M caliber player. This sent him into an autistic frenzy. I think a good portion of people who tried this game out in EA were mid tier players from CS or other competitive games who know they'll never be a CSGO pro but figured this new game is supposed to be competitively driven and its based on CoD which is clearly easy mode when compared to CS, so if they switch games right now they'll just be instant pros and rape everyone. Then they join a server and some 30 year old former CAL player hops around a corner and bolts them in the face and they screech like banshees and smash that refund button.

It's probably a mix of that and stupid people who for some reason thought this game would be something different from what it is, or think that early access means "final product, bug free and set in stone".

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, saLz said:

I have a friend on my steam list who messaged me. He is a CSGO player I helped out a while ago who has worked his way up from basically silver to an ESEA rank A pugger with decent RWS. He has never been good at a different game. He saw people playing this game and bought it to try it out. Within 4 hours he had determined that the game was bad because he couldn't break even in any of the matches he played and he refunded it. Another person in my server the other night was going on and on about how the game's shit because he has 2700 hours in CSGO and is a Global Elite but he was repeatedly dying to me and was mad at himself.

I asked him why he should be mad at himself, since he should not expect to do all that well simply because he's a CS player. I used to be CAL-IM and CAL-M in CoD2 and CoD4 and this game was much more comfortable for me and easy to pick up. I wouldn't just wander into CSGO and expect to routinely beat an ESEA-M caliber player. This sent him into an autistic frenzy. I think a good portion of people who tried this game out in EA were mid tier players from CS or other competitive games who know they'll never be a CSGO pro but figured this new game is supposed to be competitively driven and its based on CoD which is clearly easy mode when compared to CS, so if they switch games right now they'll just be instant pros and rape everyone. Then they join a server and some 30 year old former CAL player hops around a corner and bolts them in the face and they screech like banshees and smash that refund button.

It's probably a mix of that and stupid people who for some reason thought this game would be something different from what it is, or think that early access means "final product, bug free and set in stone".

This is so accurate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, saLz said:

I have a friend on my steam list who messaged me. He is a CSGO player I helped out a while ago who has worked his way up from basically silver to an ESEA rank A pugger with decent RWS. He has never been good at a different game. He saw people playing this game and bought it to try it out. Within 4 hours he had determined that the game was bad because he couldn't break even in any of the matches he played and he refunded it. Another person in my server the other night was going on and on about how the game's shit because he has 2700 hours in CSGO and is a Global Elite but he was repeatedly dying to me and was mad at himself.

I asked him why he should be mad at himself, since he should not expect to do all that well simply because he's a CS player. I used to be CAL-IM and CAL-M in CoD2 and CoD4 and this game was much more comfortable for me and easy to pick up. I wouldn't just wander into CSGO and expect to routinely beat an ESEA-M caliber player. This sent him into an autistic frenzy. I think a good portion of people who tried this game out in EA were mid tier players from CS or other competitive games who know they'll never be a CSGO pro but figured this new game is supposed to be competitively driven and its based on CoD which is clearly easy mode when compared to CS, so if they switch games right now they'll just be instant pros and rape everyone. Then they join a server and some 30 year old former CAL player hops around a corner and bolts them in the face and they screech like banshees and smash that refund button.

It's probably a mix of that and stupid people who for some reason thought this game would be something different from what it is, or think that early access means "final product, bug free and set in stone".

You made my day with that cs player story :lol:

But lets be serious and mention the crime being done by steam which allows people to give a review as soon as the first second the game is out............

Such feature should be locked till a full week or even two after release especially on early access titles which very much depend on it for their success! I don't want to know how it feels for those awesome devs, which we were gifted with as a community, looking at the negative reviews section of their game while most of them don't actually review the game at all and at the same time also call other people to not buy it!!!!! THIS IS JUST OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, saLz said:

I have a friend on my steam list who messaged me. He is a CSGO player I helped out a while ago who has worked his way up from basically silver to an ESEA rank A pugger with decent RWS. He has never been good at a different game. He saw people playing this game and bought it to try it out. Within 4 hours he had determined that the game was bad because he couldn't break even in any of the matches he played and he refunded it. Another person in my server the other night was going on and on about how the game's shit because he has 2700 hours in CSGO and is a Global Elite but he was repeatedly dying to me and was mad at himself.

I asked him why he should be mad at himself, since he should not expect to do all that well simply because he's a CS player. I used to be CAL-IM and CAL-M in CoD2 and CoD4 and this game was much more comfortable for me and easy to pick up. I wouldn't just wander into CSGO and expect to routinely beat an ESEA-M caliber player. This sent him into an autistic frenzy. I think a good portion of people who tried this game out in EA were mid tier players from CS or other competitive games who know they'll never be a CSGO pro but figured this new game is supposed to be competitively driven and its based on CoD which is clearly easy mode when compared to CS, so if they switch games right now they'll just be instant pros and rape everyone. Then they join a server and some 30 year old former CAL player hops around a corner and bolts them in the face and they screech like banshees and smash that refund button.

It's probably a mix of that and stupid people who for some reason thought this game would be something different from what it is, or think that early access means "final product, bug free and set in stone".

great story. personally, i think ttk is on the low side and i played many hours of trash CoDs like MW2 and Black Ops 2 where you die faster than you can blink. i think there's a lot of truth in your story of CSGO players coming to this game and not adapting to the movement but having said that i've also seen players strafe jump the distance of an olympic long-jumper. in short, i think there's a bit of truth in most players experiences with the game and everyone needs to exercise a greater degree of patience. i've been on these forums daily since before the KS closed and the one unchanging truth in all this time is the devs have listened to everyone's feedback (even the angry ranters) and made their decisions based on what's best for the game. they haven't been swayed by the vocal and aggressive sections of the community because they know there's a silent majority who come on the forums far bigger than the noisy voices. all we can do is state our concerns in a constructive, informative way and the devs will listen objectively.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, A1rstrike said:

You made my day with that cs player story :lol:

But lets be serious and mention the crime being done by steam which allows people to give a review as soon as the first second the game is out............

Such feature should be locked till a full week or even two after release especially on early access titles which very much depend on it for their success! I don't want to know how it feels for those awesome devs, which we were gifted with as a community, looking at the negative reviews section of their game while most of them don't actually review the game at all and at the same time also call other people to not buy it!!!!! THIS IS JUST OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!

Would you say the same if all the reviews were positive for an early access game? Because that might convince a person to buy the game. And what do you achieve with locking the review section for two weeks? People can still moan about a game through Facebook, Twitter and other social media. Or even ingame. Yesterday, while playing Battalion, someone was constantly complaining in chat how shit this game is. And no, he wasn't a bad player, constantly topfragging in the three maps I played with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, C0deX said:

I think the most guys have stopped because of the bad jump and shoot.

Whoever reads the steam reviews will probably not buy it atm.

It is pretty rage worthly when people jump multiple times in a fight bouncing across your screen lol in a WW2 shooter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm afraid that if you don't change Battalion1944 in the direction of COD2 that it will take off very quickly and until it is finished no big player base will have any more. Battalion1944 is too close to modern games from the feeling of playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mikhail said:

It is pretty rage worthly when people jump multiple times in a fight bouncing across your screen lol in a WW2 shooter.

So if it would happen in a non WW2 game, it wouldn't be rage worthy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Would you say the same if all the reviews were positive for an early access game? Because that might convince a person to buy the game. And what do you achieve with locking the review section for two weeks? People can still moan about a game through Facebook, Twitter and other social media. Or even ingame. Yesterday, while playing Battalion, someone was constantly complaining in chat how shit this game is. And no, he wasn't a bad player, constantly topfragging in the three maps I played with him. 

They can moan all they want on social media I could care less about it..

But let me ask you a question in a metaphor.

Lets assume you opened a new restaurant which has room for 4000 people and it got filled and there are another 12,000 people in line outside waiting to come inside and trt your food.

Its obvious thousands of people will not be able to dine in your restaurant during launch right?

NOW how would you feel if hundreds and even thousands of those people go out and say your restaurant is shit and call out to other people not to dine there? Where I live such thing is Illegal and I am sure it is in many other places.

But Steam is a digital plaform which has the benefit of easily minimize this unwanted and rude behaviour and restrict people from ever writing a review without an acceptable amount of time of playing required to provide a good and concrete review which will make people distinguish serious reviews from troll ones and get to a much better conclusion of they should spend their money on the game and give it a fair chance..... After all refund is still an option if you are not satisfied...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spend a lot of hours playing cod UO/2.

I didn't know this game was going to be based on Promod.

Didn't like in the past, don't like it now after trying the game for a few hours, so I'm one of those who left again

It's to much bunny jumping with fast killing weapons without sway or recoil.

If the final version's going to be different i will probably come back.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SirBob said:

Passer beaucoup d'heures à jouer à la morue UO / 2.

Je ne savais pas que ce jeu allait être basé sur Promod.

N'a pas aimé dans le passé, ne l'aime pas maintenant après avoir essayé le jeu pendant quelques heures, donc je suis l'un de ceux qui sont partis à nouveau

C'est beaucoup de lapin sautant avec des armes à tuer rapidement sans balancement ni recul.

Si la version finale va être différente, je reviendrai probablement.

I confirm
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gabor Marton said:

My problem with this game:

- its so dark, it doesn't have a good feeling while playin on those maps.

- The other thing that I only like 1 map of all the released maps. Old cod UO/2 maps should be implemented.

- Take 2 mins to launch the game.

- Takes 1+ min to load the map (Loading is faster in Battlefield 1...) and I often I get "connection lost to the host" error.

 

if you have the game installed on a SSD, the loading times will improve drastically. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Drezzy said:

One of the major problem is the bad jump and shoot.

what kind of problem? it's not cs go...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BerNa said:

quelle sorte de problème? ce n'est pas cs aller ...

All people thought the same thing , many did not know it was promod , battalion a need for weapon balance and no rabbit jump lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, speed said:

Make the game free to play for a while.

I think that would result in more cheats/cheaters and tbh i'm not a huge fan of both xD

 

I think a lot of players are waiting till there is some more stability.. And for the players that can't wait they made the game pretty playable.

So I just play and am ok with the crashes and bugs for now. The devs do a lot of updates in little time so that is great, so don't forget this is a small young studio with so much passion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, BerNa said:

what kind of problem? it's not cs go...

It's a problem for many players. and this can be your problem in the future. then u play maybe only with 500 jump/Shoot guys and empty servers.

The other players have not a problem to find an other game to have fun.

 

Edited by C0deX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, saLz said:

I think a good portion of people who tried this game out in EA were mid tier players from CS or other competitive games who know they'll never be a CSGO pro but figured this new game is supposed to be competitively driven and its based on CoD which is clearly easy mode when compared to CS, so if they switch games right now they'll just be instant pros and rape everyone. Then they join a server and some 30 year old former CAL player hops around a corner and bolts them in the face and they screech like banshees and smash that refund button.

Hahahahahahahahaha nice story..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×