Sign in to follow this  
HypeRNT

Fix or remove the shotgun, simple as that.

Pretty simple, that thing is a laser, its spread is like having no recoil, it has none,  the range makes no sense, 1 shots from higher range then an smg that needs 2-3 hits from same range, not aiming down sights with it is the easiest thing ever, it like never misses or tags, always insta kill. 

At this point its a joke from a competitive scene since ppl r holding down areas with a shotgun that no other gun can contest.

Im sure most people will agree, at least those that are looking into playing comp and have been scrimming, its extremely unbalanced.

Remove it or nerf it to the ground, the game is perfectly balanced without it and it just creates issues for no reason and other games clearly dont have this implemented for a reason, the weapon is impossible to balance and therefor is not presented in most competitive fps games.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

The game is not perfectly balanced, with or without the shotgun. The damage should be looked at, however. Same with the smgs, mgs and rifles. 

A spread system for the shotgun pellets would be a viable option, as well as a steep damage drop off after a certain distance. I don’t feel it should be removed and/or nerfed to the ground. It needs work. 

1 hour ago, HypeRNT said:

Pretty simple, that thing is a laser, its spread is like having no recoil, it has none,  the range makes no sense, 1 shots from higher range then an smg that needs 2-3 hits from same range, not aiming down sights with it is the easiest thing ever, it like never misses or tags, always insta kill. 

At this point its a joke from a competitive scene since ppl r holding down areas with a shotgun that no other gun can contest.

Im sure most people will agree, at least those that are looking into playing comp and have been scrimming, its extremely unbalanced.

Remove it or nerf it to the ground, the game is perfectly balanced without it and it just creates issues for no reason and other games clearly dont have this implemented for a reason, the weapon is impossible to balance and therefor is not presented in most competitive fps games.

I disagree, there is an art to shotgunning. It is available for purchase is CSGO, so I'm not sure what you mean that it is "not implemented for a reason".  If you dont like it, keep your distance!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

IMO shotguns are tactical and good for holding small areas and houses, it gives you a chance against an smg in those situations

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

9 hours ago, Archit3kt said:

I disagree, there is an art to shotgunning. It is available for purchase is CSGO, so I'm not sure what you mean that it is "not implemented for a reason".  If you dont like it, keep your distance!

Art to shotgunning? DiD i just read that correctly? Are you kidding me? Its the most braindead weapon in the game, you literally dont need to do anything... u dont even need to ads........ Anyone that comes around a corner that you are holding gets 1 hit.....hell the reload is so fast you can manage to hit them twice b4 an smg can hit 3 shots on u from same distance.....

Brings up csgo as if in csgo those weapons r ever used besides 0.0001% of the time in some niche way by a niche person, its never used in competitive because there are better alternatives and thats how it should be.

None of this changes the fact that the gun is not balanced properly, has no bullet spread, and never requires you to ads to get kills, as well as having a higher range then an smg.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

55 minutes ago, HypeRNT said:

Art to shotgunning? DiD i just read that correctly? Are you kidding me? Its the most braindead weapon in the game, you literally dont need to do anything... u dont even need to ads........ Anyone that comes around a corner that you are holding gets 1 hit.....hell the reload is so fast you can manage to hit them twice b4 an smg can hit 3 shots on u from same distance.....

Brings up csgo as if in csgo those weapons r ever used besides 0.0001% of the time in some niche way by a niche person, its never used in competitive because there are better alternatives and thats how it should be.

None of this changes the fact that the gun is not balanced properly, has no bullet spread, and never requires you to ads to get kills, as well as having a higher range then an smg.

In CoD2 there was an art in shotgunning as it was the only gun in competitive that gave you a smoke for crosses. The gun was slower with reloading but with the faster gameplay it has to shoot faster else you die by the other other enemy if there is more than one close by/near him.

• Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, craven. said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Dtpf6ybkg Shotgun at the end... it needs work.

yeah its insane, this has been obv to any player who is looking to go pro/play ina  comp environment, the only ones who struggle with this weapon being OP r the arcade players who are busy hiding in corners in tdm with a shotgun pretending that there  is "art" to it, a pretty sad joke.

Edited by HypeRNT
  • Downvote 1

As someone who uses the shotgun all the time and even in scrims, it needs to be nerfed. It needs to have a more consistent kill range(shorter) and a tighter pattern so you actually have to have your sight on them. And a fire rate nerf with that. Itil still have the destructive power up close but the kill can be traded with the RoF nerf. Im destroying scrims as a 1 man army with that busted ass gun.

An example would be on coastal. My teammates all die around A as defense. Im alone with a shotgun. I can snake an easy kill or two and if they dont have a shotgun themselves they are forced to go to the b site because they have nothing to counter my shotgun shenanigans. You cant smoke me or nade me easily because im in a different place every round. Try to tank boost? I can just pump you from the second floor or you will get shot from a rotating teammate. It takes too much to deal with one player. They already need to expend lives, nades and smokes dealing with the 2-3 kars on the map. Which most teams run.

The idea of most competitive games is risk vs reward. The shot gun comes with very little risk compared to its reward. The distance it can kill can be absurd sometimes. So even if they go b which is my risk, is a reward for my team because hitting b is harder. Then i can rotate and still be effective if i make it to the site.

And to add on to all of this it has absolutely low skill floor to use. So some brand new player with decent enough aim can shit all over a very good player in its kill range. In CS the shotguns can be super strong in very select few positions. Which you can usually molly or flash. And the rate of fire is lower on the one shot shottys and u have to hit the shot directly in the kill range, so its tradeable. AKA counter play which this game currently lacks alot of.

Edited by Thorncs
  • Upvote 1

Just bumping this because i want this discussion to go on. I see the devs are buffing the STG and the BAR, im waiting for superduper cannon shotgun nerf, that has insane range, no ads reqruied god tier damage cannon to be dealt with.

If you want this game to succeed, please start balancing it properly, these kind of monstrosities cant be left untouched for this long, not even sure how this got passed the testing stages.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Low skill floor, insane dps, insane range. All around nerf needed. No gun that easy to use should be so devastatingly powerful IMO. From the mid-window in coastal you can one-shot players at broken. If you don't think it needs nerfed (or removed completely preferably) I don't know what to tell you.

• Upvote 1

I'd say the shotgun is fine right now. If you get caught in the open at range you don't have a chance with it.
If you think it's too powerful wouldn't you basically be saying that about the Kar98/M1 Garand since they're pretty much laser weapons too?

I usually pick a shotgun if the enemy team is executing the same routine round after round and very rarely survive a encounter with the enemy team. Ive gotten tags from less than 3 meters away while having perfectly lined crosshair and aiming from the hip. Shotgun has a very random nature and it seems that when I use it, it mostly tag with the first shot.

Sometimes I have been killed by shotgun instantly from stupid distances but I always thought that it was just about the way the spread goes.  If there is no random element to the spread I would say it is broken but i'm fairly certain it has very random pattern to it.

In cod2 there was kind of an art to the shotgun where you would blink ads it just before you fire it to manage the spread and I personally never mastered that thing.

In battalion shotgun is a bit more forgiving but if you get caught from a range while sporting a shotgun, you will always draw the shorter straw.

9 hours ago, DK. said:

I'd say the shotgun is fine right now. If you get caught in the open at range you don't have a chance with it.
If you think it's too powerful wouldn't you basically be saying that about the Kar98/M1 Garand since they're pretty much laser weapons too?

Why would u ever be caught in the open with it? Like what game are you playing... There are very specific and OP spots to hold with a shotgun that no other gun can contest...

Besides the positioning, the weapon balance is wrong... It shoots way too fast, has no bullet spread, you dont need to ads for it to be accurate, and you get a free smoke with it.

It has higher range then an SMG does... I mean there are videos posted on this very thread of how insane the range of the shotgun is.... 

Plain and simple it is not balanced, its the dumbest weapon in the game right now that is making the rest of the balancing look bad.

I swear i think you guys only play arcade and base all of this balancing of that and not actual scrims or tournament play.

Edited by HypeRNT
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, HypeRNT said:

Why would u ever be caught in the open with it? Like what game are you playing... There are very specific and OP spots to hold with a shotgun that no other gun can contest...

Besides the positioning, the weapon balance is wrong... It shoots way too fast, has no bullet spread, you dont need to ads for it to be accurate, and you get a free smoke with it.

It has higher range then an SMG does... I mean there are videos posted on this very thread of how insane the range of the shotgun is.... 

Plain and simple it is not balanced, its the dumbest weapon in the game right now that is making the rest of the balancing look bad.

I swear i think you guys only play arcade and base all of this balancing of that and not actual scrims or tournament play.

There are some spots on some maps where if you try to advance with a shotgun the range will make you lose the engagement. I don't know the damage value for each pellet but maybe the problem is that it just takes one of those pellets to hit the head for an instakill.
Otherwise I don't see a reason for the shotgun to be worthless like in pretty much every other game where it practically doesn't harm people standing more than 2 meters away.

2 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

You can't guard 2 bombsites with one shotgun. As you rotate to another location you will inevitably find yourself vulnerable at some point.

3 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

Shotgun has more range than SMG? In which game? Surely not Battalion 1944. SMG range >>>>>>>>>>>>> shotung range. Especially Thompson 

the shotgun is OP #fact.

currently the two major problems with it are:

1) damage at range - rn you can one shot people at such insane range. the damage at mid range is too high. I’m happy for it to do damage at mid range too, but not as much it does currently. One shotting people who are full HP  at mid range with it is just wrong. If it takes like 2-3 hits depending on range and hitbox area that would be more balanced. 

2) rate of fire is too high. It is just a bit too crazy atm. 

I want shotgun to be super effective at close range and somewhat effective at mid range considering you land 2-3 hits necessary but right now it needs some balancing done. Shotgun has to stay, shotgun is love, shotgun is life, but it needs nerfing. 

As a noob who crutches on the shotty way too often, I'd say it's OP.

I don't think the damage is the problem, but it pumps way too fast and also the spread may need some tweaking. In CSGO it works fine, because if you miss you're dead.

Actually come to think of it I feel like the range could be too high also.

Edited by Sayton
  • Upvote 1

On 2/7/2018 at 4:25 AM, HypeRNT said:

are you a total idiot... have you ever used a shoot gun ?

the shot gun needs a buff its useless at 20 yards and unless your point blank range its terrible      

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Sneak1961 said:

are you a total idiot... have you ever used a shoot gun ?

the shot gun needs a buff its useless at 20 yards and unless your point blank range its terrible      

I'm now convinced that you are trying to farm downvotes xD

• Like 1