Firefly

When will RENTED server crashes be fixed?

It's impossible to get a stable server running right now, no matter where you rent it. 

Multiplaygameservers claims that the issue is caused by the game, that the devs acknowledged this and that there will be a game update with the fix soon. Is this true? In the latest newspost, I see stuff about filters. That's good, but it's no use when it's impossible to get a stable server running. 

Edited by Firefly
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, powerbits said:

I agree, it needs top priority

I think general game stability and basic game functionality needs to be priority over stable community servers. I would honestly say lets hold off on community servers until the game is at least stable. You are spending money on a server for a game that is in early access. Let that sink in. I agree that community servers are going to be what sets this game apart from other competitive shooters but I just feel like your money could be saved at this point until the game is fairly reliable.

5 hours ago, Archit3kt said:

I think general game stability and basic game functionality needs to be priority over stable community servers. I would honestly say lets hold off on community servers until the game is at least stable. You are spending money on a server for a game that is in early access. Let that sink in. I agree that community servers are going to be what sets this game apart from other competitive shooters but I just feel like your money could be saved at this point until the game is fairly reliable.

If that is the case , they should not open the dedicated servers yet and wait for launch till at least this is stable...

6 hours ago, Archit3kt said:

One of the biggest selling points of the game is the fact that you can rent servers again. This fact has been used during the advertisement of the game. Many pc gamers are tired of console-style matchmaking. So I'd say it's important and not to be neglected. 

What's more... they are putting time in fixing other server-related things such as filters (which is great), but that isn't going to help much if servers don't work anyway. Needs to be priority. 

Edited by Firefly
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I run a Windows server & have not had a crash for days.

I found it was crashing on Bomb mode so simply removed it for now

I run a random DOM, CTF & DM server on all maps except Aim

29 minutes ago, COACH said:

I run a Windows server & have not had a crash for days.

I found it was crashing on Bomb mode so simply removed it for now

I run a random DOM, CTF & DM server on all maps except Aim

Do you run it from home or did you rent it?

• Downvote 2

I agree as well, the last update did seem to fix some things, but also causing others.

There is a lot that needs to be sorted, especially team balance and max players and tick rate in the command line - not to mention to query correctly.

4 minutes ago, COACH said:

Run it from home on a dedicated box

Doesn't make a difference as same files are used

it does seem to make a difference for anyone who rents the server.

Edited by Firefly
  • Downvote 2

The difference is either inability to setup a server or overloading a server trying to make too much by server suppliers

The same files are used so there is no difference. Can't qualify Linux builds but definitely for Windows builds

My server is still UP on dedicated box.
Funny fact for 20 slot server you pay 20$ for same you can get a dedicated box and host 3 servers on it :D with little help of brain and google

but I'm interested to stress test it. Its weird to see servers crush if there a lot active server out...

Edited by Weed Dominator
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Weed Dominator said:

Funny fact for 20 slot server you pay 20$ for same you can get a dedicated box and host 3 servers on it :D with little help of brain and google

but I'm interested to stress test it. Its weird to see servers crush if there a lot active server out...

So do you have a dedicated box at home or do you just rent a dedicated server from a non-gaming server provider?

Same issue ive rented from multiplay and gameservers both crash often after 3 to 5 maps.Can not run a stable server from either place right now.This should be top priority if they want a community to stay together.If they wait much longer and just focus on the client they will lose all people paying for a server and there wont be a community left.Not fun making a monthly payment for nothing.

Edited by Jibstah

8 hours ago, Weed Dominator said:

Issue with that is, you dont get any actual support, you need to know Linux or pay for a windows license and then a control panel on top which is about $50 on top of the server and then you need to know how to configure the game server itself, i have been in GSP industry with over 15 years experience starting with cod 2 and cs 1.6 and so on. it is no that easy to just say here are the files.

• Downvote 3

On 07/02/2018 at 3:07 AM, Archit3kt said:

It's not. Some providers have stability issues. But not all.

Linux server still crashing after many server updates. Very frustrating to keep filling the server up with people to only have it emptied after a server crash a few maps later.This issue has been around too long now.Making it impossible to run a stable dedicated Linux server.

Still crashing after all the latest updates after a couple maps everytime.I wont be renting a server for much longer that's for sure.