Sign in to follow this  
NiNe9

Sprinting needs to be removed

-Sprinting in this game should be removed or its gonna lose its player base.

Why you ask?

Sprint jump in general and sprint jumping around corners 

Just simply makes the game really unbalanced (bolt action useless- auto guns OP) 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 14

i come from cs and at the beginning i would say the same but i learn to deal with and i do it know so i don't think its unbalanced i play with the kar98 witch is bolt action and i spring jump around corner and i'm able to kill the enemy same when they do it to me sometime you die because the other play he's just better than you or you have a bad timing well i don't thing its unbalanced just learn to deal with its in the game mechanic :) 

1 hour ago, NiNe9 said:

-Sprinting in this game should be removed or its gonna lose its player base.

Why you ask?

Sprint jump in general and sprint jumping around corners 

Just simply makes the game really unbalanced (bolt action useless- auto guns OP) 

Sprinting is a needed and welcome core mechanic of the game and once you learn how to use it porperly/play against it properly you will learn to like it. It is here to stay and will most certainly not go away.

But i am sure there will be community servers eventually with sprinting disabled so you still should be able to have fun with the game even if the Vanilla game doesnt suit you.

To be fair I find Kar98 to be the best gun in the game exactly because of jump shooting around corners. Someone jumps out with BAR or Thompson(this one is so good up close) BAM one click and they're gone while they need 2 or 3 shots on you mid-air which makes it a little bit harder for them

Sprint has its place. I get it.  But the sprint jump to peak corners has to be nerfed. I don't think this mechanic has any place in a competitive shooter.

I think there's room for an accuracy penalty on jumping but I'm OK with the sprinting as it is personally.

The simplest solution I think would be to remove targeting when jumping or falling to prone.  That way you can still shoot but you lose a lot of accuracy. 

Edited by Varza

9 hours ago, Archit3kt said:

Sprint has its place. I get it.  But the sprint jump to peak corners has to be nerfed. I don't think this mechanic has any place in a competitive shooter.

Have you played Call of Duty 4: Promod?

edit: I think as phantasy is part of development, things like these that are core part of the movement / fast paced gameplay are essential. Wether it pleases people or not.

Edited by lsddd

57 minutes ago, lsddd said:

Have you played Call of Duty 4: Promod?

edit: I think as phantasy is part of development, things like these that are core part of the movement / fast paced gameplay are essential. Wether it pleases people or not.

Phantasy has nothing to do with the fact that the game has a sprint mechanic.

I remember seeing sprinting as far back as the kickstarter video. Way before Phantasy joined the dev team ;)

35 minutes ago, A1rstrike said:

Phantasy has nothing to do with the fact that the game has a sprint mechanic.

I remember seeing sprinting as far back as the kickstarter video. Way before Phantasy joined the dev team ;)

Yeah, definitely. I'm just saying if it would be such a game breaking thing, wouldn't phantasy as a professional gamer have deep thoughts on this? I'm not sure, this is a good topic though!