Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dcease

Generally irritated

Recommended Posts

Hello community - this game generally irritates me due to that it is NOT compatible with Unreal Engine 4. This engine causes so many issues for well at least my computer

Yes it is fairly old, GTX 660, I5 3470, 8 GB ram, but that should not change the fact, that opening the game takes about 2-3 minutes. Joining the server is a 50/50 chance, either way it takes 1-2 minute to get in, and by that I will either lose connection to host or get in and have stable 40-60 fps, but crazy stuttering every now and then making it unplayable. Yes, spare me from your "It is early access comments" never have I experienced an early access game that had stuttering, and literally killed your computer memory wise.

Closing a game should not rely on your computers specifications. I'm not sure whether it's just me or highend computers too, but closing this game literally destroys my computer for about 2-3 minutes making it slower than a laptop from 10 years ago. The memory usage from UE4 Game in my Task Manager exceeds 1200 memeory and it feels like it has killed Windows.

If it is plausible I would like to refund my game - I highly doubt it since I backed it up on kickstarter a long time ago.

 

// Dcease

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

your computer is not even min spec in terms of cpu.... also those load times are due to you using a hdd likely which can be improved by using textures streaming. But frankly those kind of numbers considering you dont even qualify for min spec is perfectly fine. this game is ment for newer computers quite frankly and a gpu from 6 years ago wont cut it and it pretty much needs an ssd to have a good experience

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
For reference my pc runs 175+fps at all times and i load into the game first every time and i think the fps issue might be my 8gb of ram so imma get 16 soon
Case:200r
Power Supply:650w
OS:win10
Motherboard:z270
CPU:7600k
Memory:8gb ddr4
Hard Drive:500gb ssd
Video Card:1060
Headphones:ath m50x
Monitor:vg248qe
Mousepad:hyperx large
Keyboard:Ajazz AK33 RGB
the ssd is the big factor its a must for this game
Edited by HarryG
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SteDz said:

Think it might be time to upgrade.

Apparently if I want to play this game. However, I do not intent to upgrade my pc just for this game. My pc run the games I have time to play for my current living situation.

6 minutes ago, HarryG said:

your computer is not even min spec in terms of cpu.... also those load times are due to you using a hdd likely which can be improved by using textures streaming. But frankly those kind of numbers considering you dont even qualify for min spec is perfectly fine. this game is ment for newer computers quite frankly and a gpu from 6 years ago wont cut it and it pretty much needs an ssd to have a good experience

 

I'm fairly certain i'm not the only one experiencing those stutters in-game. Additionally, it shouldnt break my computer closing the game.

1 minute ago, HarryG said:
For reference my pc runs 175+ at all times and i load into the game first every time
Case:200r
Power Supply:650w
OS:win10
Motherboard:z270
CPU:7600k
Memory:8gb ddr4
Hard Drive:500gb ssd
Video Card:1060
Headphones:ath m50x
Monitor:vg248qe
Mousepad:hyperx large
Keyboard:Ajazz AK33 RGB

I load into the game first every time too. I don't think you read my post thoroughly then. What I am referring to is joining a match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dcease said:

Apparently if I want to play this game. However, I do not intent to upgrade my pc just for this game. My pc run the games I have time to play for my current living situation.

understandable i was just saying you dont really reach min spec a cheap fix might be a 60-120 ssd used for fast load times also your join times are also affected most times you get booted is because it filled up in your load time\

 

 

"opening the game takes about 2-3 minutes. Joining the server is a 50/50 chance , either way it takes 1-2 minute to get in"-ssd will fix go buy a 20 dollar one on ebay 60gb

the 50 50 chance is that someone took your server spot in your long load time that will fix aswell

Edited by HarryG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, HarryG said:

understandable i was just saying you dont really reach min spec a cheap fix might be a 60-120 ssd used for fast load times also your join times are also affected most times you get booted is because it filled up in your load time\

 

 

"opening the game takes about 2-3 minutes. Joining the server is a 50/50 chance , either way it takes 1-2 minute to get in"-ssd will fix go buy a 20 dollar one on ebay 60gb

the 50 50 chance is that someone took your server spot in your long load time that will fix aswell

Once my living situation is sorted i'll probably upgrade my PC. Being an adult doesnt give much time to play video games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dcease said:

never have I experienced an early access game that had stuttering, and literally killed your computer memory wise.

Closing a game should not rely on your computers specifications. I'm not sure whether it's just me or highend computers too, but closing this game literally destroys my computer for about 2-3 minutes making it slower than a laptop from 10 years ago. The memory usage from UE4 Game in my Task Manager exceeds 1200 memeory and it feels like it has killed Windows.

Re: first line, I see you've never played PUBG :D 32 GB of RAM and I still would get random crashes every once in a while due to memory leaks.

As for the rest, I recently built a new PC with a Ryzen 7 and 1080ti with 32gb of RAM. I can confirm that the game loads very quickly and closes very quickly. I've noticed a large difference between myself and friend I have who are using an HDD vs. SSD. As another poster stated, you might not meet the min specs on your processor. It could be a combination of factors from a needed upgrade at CPU, an SSD, and the need for the dev team to make some optimization tweaks. I hate using that word, since "optimazation" is frequently a buzzword for a vague suspicion players have that the game isn't running as well as it should be, but it could be part of it which is to be expected with a game that's being released to a large playerbase with differing equipment and setups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, saLz said:

Re: first line, I see you've never played PUBG :D 32 GB of RAM and I still would get random crashes every once in a while due to memory leaks.

As for the rest, I recently built a new PC with a Ryzen 7 and 1080ti with 32gb of RAM. I can confirm that the game loads very quickly and closes very quickly. I've noticed a large difference between myself and friend I have who are using an HDD vs. SSD. As another poster stated, you might not meet the min specs on your processor. It could be a combination of factors from a needed upgrade at CPU, an SSD, and the need for the dev team to make some optimization tweaks. I hate using that word, since "optimazation" is frequently a buzzword for a vague suspicion players have that the game isn't running as well as it should be, but it could be part of it which is to be expected with a game that's being released to a large playerbase with differing equipment and setups.

I agree. Throwing out "Game need optimization" is a buzzword that can be irritating. Mostly this post will backfire into my specifications which I am perfectly fine with. I do agree, and I may have forgotten that not every game is made for the sole purpose that every computer should be able to run it. However, this will become a niche game if the specifications are that high - SSD, minimum 1060 for good performance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why some people here are saying that your CPU is bottlenecking you, that's clearly not the case as your CPU is fairly decent and it should be only about 10% or so under something like the i5 7400.

Not a lot of players have complained about the game affecting their computer after they quit it, so that might be on your side.

Even if it isn't you might want to run some cleaning apps and tasks on your PC; stuff like CCleaner, defrag, /scannow in CMD, maybe even a clean windows installation if you haven't done that in a while.

One of the devs mentioned that the slow loading times are due to a bug on Steam as well and that Valve will help them with a bit of support next week on it. Further optimization will obviously occur down the line, but for the moment just try to turn all settings on Low and cap the framerate at 60. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dcease said:

I agree. Throwing out "Game need optimization" is a buzzword that can be irritating. Mostly this post will backfire into my specifications which I am perfectly fine with. I do agree, and I may have forgotten that not every game is made for the sole purpose that every computer should be able to run it. However, this will become a niche game if the specifications are that high - SSD, minimum 1060 for good performance

The specifications aren't high. Not even close. 

You run a early access game with a 660 which is a almost 6 years old low end GPU together with a HDD. 

I know it sucks not having the juice for the game you want to play, but you can't be vocal about it having high specs. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reinstall the game to an SSD and your issues will disappear. However things could be more optimized, but i guess its not a priority at the moment.

Edited by speed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, HarryG said:
For reference my pc runs 175+fps at all times and i load into the game first every time and i think the fps issue might be my 8gb of ram so imma get 16 soon
Case:200r
Power Supply:650w
OS:win10
Motherboard:z270
CPU:7600k
Memory:8gb ddr4
Hard Drive:500gb ssd
Video Card:1060
Headphones:ath m50x
Monitor:vg248qe
Mousepad:hyperx large
Keyboard:Ajazz AK33 RGB
the ssd is the big factor its a must for this game

I think it's definitely your mouse pad. Upgrade immediately. :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2018 at 12:36 PM, locco said:

Not sure why some people here are saying that your CPU is bottlenecking you, that's clearly not the case as your CPU is fairly decent and it should be only about 10% or so under something like the i5 7400.

Not a lot of players have complained about the game affecting their computer after they quit it, so that might be on your side.

Even if it isn't you might want to run some cleaning apps and tasks on your PC; stuff like CCleaner, defrag, /scannow in CMD, maybe even a clean windows installation if you haven't done that in a while.

One of the devs mentioned that the slow loading times are due to a bug on Steam as well and that Valve will help them with a bit of support next week on it. Further optimization will obviously occur down the line, but for the moment just try to turn all settings on Low and cap the framerate at 60. 

Well good ideas. However, I am running this with decent FPS but I am unfortunately experiencing heavy stuttering every now and then so for now I will just keep the game in my library.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dcease said:

Well good ideas. However, I am running this with decent FPS but I am unfortunately experiencing heavy stuttering every now and then so for now I will just keep the game in my library.

Have you tried to close the launcher when the game is started? I know for some people it gives a performance boost! Maybe worth a try ;)

Just ALT+TAB and close "the screen where you can choose your location (like EUROPE or NA)"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have everything on LOW in video settings?

Have you tweaked your Nvidia settings too? To maximize performance?

I have a 660ti and a i5-3570K (both OCed) - which are both a small step up from you but I get 120fps most of the time in 5v5 servers.

The biggest difference is your RAM which is really easy/cheap to upgrade I would do that instead of hating on a good game especially when your PC isn't top of the line.

Check this out too it helped me a bit - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1290968931

Aside from that definitely get an SSD they have been out for so long I don't see how people operate without them IMO.

Edited by mikhail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My advice is to not get upset with developers when your computer is a couple generations out of date. 

Computer gaming is not a stagnant atmosphere. Technology is constantly progressing, and in order to continue playing games, we have to adapt. 

 

That being said, get an ssd, upgrade your ram, and look at cheap video card upgrade options on Reddit in /r/hardwareswap or on eBay. Good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mikhail said:

Do you have everything on LOW in video settings?

Have you tweaked your Nvidia settings too? To maximize performance?

I have a 660ti and a i5-3570K (both OCed) - which are both a small step up from you but I get 120fps most of the time in 5v5 servers.

The biggest difference is your RAM which is really easy/cheap to upgrade I would do that instead of hating on a good game especially when your PC isn't top of the line.

Check this out too it helped me a bit - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1290968931

Aside from that definitely get an SSD they have been out for so long I don't see how people operate without them IMO.

There's a vast difference between particularly hating on a game that is made by decent developers, and criticizing the engine it is run on.

8 hours ago, comagnum said:

My advice is to not get upset with developers when your computer is a couple generations out of date. 

Computer gaming is not a stagnant atmosphere. Technology is constantly progressing, and in order to continue playing games, we have to adapt. 

 

That being said, get an ssd, upgrade your ram, and look at cheap video card upgrade options on Reddit in /r/hardwareswap or on eBay. Good luck. 

Could you kindly point out where I am bashing the developers? I merely don't think the game is compatible with Unreal Engine 4, but with the other comments it is easy to conclude it is. I just had the thought that why would you produce a game for only highend pcs when it's such a small game compared to larger games that my PC run perfectly fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys is anyone still here?

So I got myself a GTX 1060 from Asus and 240 gb ssd. Everything run flawlessly on ultra now with 80-100 fps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got i7 2600k, 16gb ram, gtx660 ti, 144 fps stable on full low 1280x1024 (I'm playing on 2TB HDD). Google up run commands fo the game it gave me an extra 50 fps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×