Sign in to follow this  
-|DeD|-KiN

Custom Config file......weapon off set settings?

Hi there,

Does anyone know what some of the custom config file settings do, namely the weapon offset settings? Can these be changed manually or does the anti cheat system check this file when you join a game? This was brought up by another member of my Clan.....just want to know for certain that players can't tweak any of the config settings to give them the edge. Not sure how well the anticheat system works and what it checks for.

The file in question is on the local PC at this location;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Battalion 1944\Battalion\configs\custom\custom1.config

There are many settings in that file but the ones that grabbed his attention were the weapons settings:

"useGlobalWeaponOffsets": true,
"globalWeaponOffset": [ 0, 0, 0 ],
"mP40Offset": [ 0, 0, 0 ],
"sTG44Offset": [ 0, 0, 0 ],
"kar98Offset": [ 0, 0, 0 ],
"scopedKar98Offset": [ 0, 0, 0 ],
"gewehr43Offset": [],
"lugerOffset": [ 0, 0, 0 ],
"shotgunOffset": [ 0, 0, 0 ],
"thompsonOffset": [ 0, 0, 0 ],
"bAROffset": [ 0, 0, 0 ],
"m1GarandOffset": [ 0, 0, 0 ],
"m1CarbineOffset": [ 0, 0, 0 ],
"springfieldOffset": [ 0, 0, 0 ],
"m1911Offset": [ 0, 0, 0 ],

Does anyone know if a player can change these or any of the other settings? What they do? Does AntiCheat check each players config file when they join?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer this ;)

Cheers for the reply :) Just seen that myself...didn't notice those settings there before in-game. :$

Any ideas what those settings do? ....my global setting is  "globalWeaponOffset": [ 0, 0, 0]

So assuming 1st figure is Forward, 2nd - Up and 3rd - Down....what changes would be expected if they are modified thru the settings menu?

global is every weapons offset, or you can do one for every weapon individually, move the sliders and you'll see exactly what they do, no idea if you can do custom settings in config, haven't tried, i know you can get a bigger field of view if you do it through config.