9 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

ūüėāūüėāūüėā cod 4 promod with ww2 theme and weapons.. as advertised from day dot... listing to what they wanted the game to be and now playing, it is EXACTLY how its always veen intended EXACTLY you bought the game and you dont have the skills or gamesense to adapt to it and your all throwing your toys out the pram... go play csgo or something where theres no jumping abd air shots.

That is not very constructive or conducive to the issues many are bringing up, in fact a lot of ex CoD2/CoD1 people threw their money into it under the kickstarter backers for the initial concept, so I know people are entitled to their opinion.  As for the skills and game sense to adapt it - I certainly don't have the skills, nor the time, hence why we put money into some who can, as with my PC.  I leave it to the experts.  Aggression is not best suited to the forums, rather constructive debate and engagement.

We all have to help the developers mould it into two games

1. A good casual game for all on the servers to attract the player base
  2. A different code for competitive play to push the players to the limit

I can only give opinions, doesn't reflect anyone else apart from me

But as a community we have to come to a common agreement on the way forward as I want this game to succeed

Edited by Koopa
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

lol i wasnt been agressive it is facts they said the wanted it to play like promod on cod4 it plays like promod on cod 4 it was never intended to have a different playstyle.. i havnt played cod4 in 6 year had 3 year off altogether and played 3 year of cs ive already adapted to it so time cant be that much of the issue... point is it plays as it was intended from day dot if people backed it expecting any different its their fault not bulkheads or the devs...

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

lol i wasnt been agressive it is facts they said the wanted it to play like promod on cod4 it plays like promod on cod 4 it was never intended to have a different playstyle.. i havnt played cod4 in 6 year had 3 year off altogether and played 3 year of cs ive already adapted to it so time cant be that much of the issue... point is it plays as it was intended from day dot if people backed it expecting any different its their fault not bulkheads or the devs...

but pushing people away because they have a differing opinion doesn't solve anything.  I was told it was a mixture of games etc like CoD2, 4 and so forth.  It also plays like Quake which was release when I was at university along with CS 1.2.  Games change - like RO2.  In 2011 that was released, and CoD1 people came back along with CoD2.  The minority complained, and they changed the gameplay to be ultra realistic as the community on the forums didn't like the style.  With a stats reset and the change, it killed the playerbase, and as such it is pretty much a ghost town.  This can happen to any game, most people don't vote with their mouth, but their feet, a refund under the digital consumers rights act 2015, or just delete it off their computer.  So it can be deleterious to the player base and may never recover.

Edited by Koopa

31 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

you dont have the skills or gamesense to adapt to it

Nice Ad Hominem,

why do you assume someone is bad at this game? Your discussion skills are garbage, and that is a fact, and its off topic, as your post is.

17 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

lol i wasnt been agressive

dude, just dont post anything, anymore, anywhere. If you cant bring up an opinion with decent methods (blattant lying and selfillusioning arent one of them), dont bring them up at all.

Edited by sightseeer
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

this game doesn't even play as well as promod. movement is straight ass and people jump way more than anything because the netcode is buttcheeks and lean doesn't even work

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, sightseeer said:

Nice Ad Hominem,

why do you assume someone is bad at this game? Your discussion skills are garbage, and that is a fact, and its off topic, as your post is.

dude, just dont post anything, anymore, anywhere. If you cant bring up an opinion with decent methods (blattant lying and selfillusioning arent one of them), dont bring them up at all.

no problem beg n plead for the game you want it to be and watch how quick it does die, there wont be a competative scene because the game wouldnt keep good players interested. but..... as the devs want to focus on the competative esports scene i think the game will be tweaked slightly here n there and not dratsically changed the style of play is 100% how its always been planned. so good luck hope it works out for you guys that expected something that it wasnt meant to be.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, johnoboro said:

ūüėāūüėāūüėā cod 4 promod with ww2 theme and weapons.. as advertised from day dot... listing to what they wanted the game to be and now playing, it is EXACTLY how its always veen intended EXACTLY you bought the game and you dont have the skills or gamesense to adapt to it and your all throwing your toys out the pram... go play csgo or something where theres no jumping abd air shots.

https://ksr-video.imgix.net/projects/2210285/video-631263-h264_high.mp4

I'm getting fed up with this excuse. This is the kickstarter video that was what led me to buy the game at the time. Nowhere does he mention Cod4 promod, he mentions Mohaa, Cod, Cod2, CS, Dod and ET. These are classic shooters. If you think that the little gameplay we see in the video has something to do with the current gameplay, I must have been wrong and I did not install Battalion 1944 and installed another game ...

Edited by Hitman
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

no problem beg n plead for the game you want it to be and watch how quick it does die, there wont be a competative scene because the game wouldnt keep good players interested. but..... as the devs want to focus on the competative esports scene i think the game will be tweaked slightly here n there and not dratsically changed the style of play is 100% how its always been planned. so good luck hope it works out for you guys that expected something that it wasnt meant to be.

Congrats to maybe your first decent post, this is how to do it, keep it up.

10 minutes ago, Hitman said:

https://ksr-video.imgix.net/projects/2210285/video-631263-h264_high.mp4

I'm getting fed up with this excuse. This is the kickstarter video that was what led me to buy the game at the time. Nowhere does he mention Cod4 promod, he mentions Mohaa, Cod, Cod2, CS, Dod and ET. These are classic shooters. If you think that the little gameplay we see in the video has something to do with the current gameplay, I must have been wrong and I did not install Battalion 1944 and installed another game ...

Yes exactly, the advertisement wasnt anything near this jumping around Quakeish thing. You actually need to watch livestreamers or current gameplay footage of decent players to actually witness the jumping meta. The money of my clanmates was grabbed because of this, and because we bought keys to get the game 33% cheaper we cant refund, so we are just annoyed by the never ending greed of game publishers.

And no one can expect future buyers to carefully read and listen to some boring interviews of the devs. We watch some footage and just chose if we buy it or not. But if the footage is an illusion, its actually a scam! 

Edited by sightseeer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Hitman, I couldn't agree more!! 

That exact gameplay video aroused the excitement I once felt with my first online gaming experience with CoD1, followed by CoD2. A game that supposedly was harking back to the roots of WW2 online gaming, that other FPS shooters have abandoned for gimmicks.

No bullshit Ninja jumping laser accuracy from the hip.

My concern going forward, is this a game developed for the e-sports niche, whose development is to be funded from the mass of casual gamers ignored following EA?  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

well i found out about the game about 4 month ago and looked i to and told my friends i was leaving csgo and moving over to this because its gunna be as close to cod 4 as you will ever get again i k ew exactly what to expect and got exactly what i expected from dev commebts and videos. if you backed as a kickstarter which i sadly missed your gambling anyway and thats a known fact. this shit will go in circles allday games how i expected it to be and im happy anyway ive adapted my game from 3 year of nothing but csgo im happy. devs are doing an awesome job. thats the last il say on the matter.

keep the downvotes coming if your salty dont forget to downvote me ūüėāūüėāūüėā

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, johnoboro said:

Maybe I'm overlooking it, but I can't find any reference to COD4 or Promod on their Kickstarter page. What I've found are references to Call of Duty 2, United Offensive, Medal of Honor, CS , ET and Day of Defeat. Where did you see anything about COD4 or Promod on the Kickstarter page? 

Edited by Grasshopper

27 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Maybe I'm overlooking it, but I can't find any reference to COD4 or Promod on their Kickstarter page. What I've found are references to Call of Duty 2, United Offensive, Medal of Honor, CS , ET and Day of Defeat. Where did you see anything about COD4 or Promod on the Kickstarter page? 

unless I'm mistaken, they are not referring about cod4 promod before dec 2016 winter update. (10 monthes after kickstarter campaign)

Edited by Soldat Ryan

1 minute ago, Soldat Ryan said:

unless I'm mistaken, they are not referring about cod4 promod before dec 2016 winter update. (10 monthes after kickstarter campaign)

skip to 55 secs mate.... thats just a quick one im busy at work so not gunna look for all the refrences and quotes to it.... also phantasy 7 year pro in cod4 was more than a giveaway....

16 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

If you're right I can understand why some backers are upset.

@johnoboro 

That video is from august 2017, when people already had funded the project. And Phantasy joined the team in june 2017. The game was already funded by then.

Edited by Grasshopper

There is so many references to "old school fps" - I am sorry but CoD4 is not old school as you had the gimmick of ranking up.  I remember it well that newer players fell foul of the better weapons of higher ranked players and not their skill.  I had a top 10 CoD4 community server with IronFi$t.  CoD1, MoHAA CS, DoD and CoD2 are the golden age of old school fps.  See below on the dates of first launch to demonstrate my point

CoD 4 - 2007

CoD 1- 2003

CoD 2 - 2005

MoHAA - 2002

CS -- 1999

Below is a quote from the video

It's all about how we can make this great? How can we listen to the community, take what they are saying and apply it to the game

This needs to be followed through and I am sure the Devs will.  I agree with the DEVS on the nostalgia and remember them well as that was my university years from CS. They make reference to CoD WW2 which was nothing compared to and is nothing like CoD1 or CoD2.  They pay homage to infinity ward because they knew how to make a classic game

Edited by Koopa
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

That video is from august 2017, when people already had funded the project. And Phantasy joined the team in june 2017. The game was already funded in march 2016. 

Thats correct and Phantasy started to talk about Battalion in dec 2016, in a video comparing Bat44 and DoW. Coincidence ? :ph34r:

59 minutes ago, Koopa said:

There is so many references to "old school fps" - I am sorry but CoD4 is not old school as you had the gimmick of ranking up.  I remember it well that newer players fell foul of the better weapons of higher ranked players and not their skill.  I had a top 10 CoD4 community server with IronFi$t.  CoD1, MoHAA CS, DoD and CoD2 are the golden age of old school fps.  See below on the dates of first launch to demonstrate my point

CoD 4 - 2007

CoD 1- 2003

CoD 2 - 2005

MoHAA - 2002

CS -- 1999

Below is a quote from the video

This needs to be followed through and I am sure the Devs will.  I agree with the DEVS on the nostalgia and remember them well as that was my university years from CS. They make reference to CoD WW2 which was nothing compared to and is nothing like CoD1 or CoD2.  They pay homage to infinity ward because they knew how to make a classic game

they mentioned cod ww2 by saying the only similarity is is that its ww2 yous can downvote me and all that petty shit all ya want n argue till the sun comes up the game style is how they have intended it to be otherwise it wouldnt be released on early access lol things will be tweaked and redisigned but the game is based around strafing and jumping and stuff lol... keep they negetive votes coming though yea ūüĎć petty saltiness lol

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Koopa said:

There is so many references to "old school fps" - I am sorry but CoD4 is not old school as you had the gimmick of ranking up.

But Cod4 Promod didn't have this gimmick.

1 hour ago, Koopa said:

CoD1, MoHAA CS, DoD and CoD2 are the golden age of old school fps.  See below on the dates of first launch to demonstrate my point

CoD 4 - 2007

CoD 1- 2003

CoD 2 - 2005

MoHAA - 2002

CS -- 1999

Sorry they are not old school because of the list below:

Quake - 1996

Doom - 1993

... ¬¬

12 minutes ago, Connard said:

Quake - 1996

Doom - 1993

... ¬¬

Old school is a broad term, it doesn't necessarily means the first to exist

5 minutes ago, Zane said:

Old school is a broad term, it doesn't necessarily means the first to exist

I was sarcastic...

I exaggerated his reasoning to show how wobbly it is.

Edited by Connard
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I just don't know where people are finding similarities between CoD4 and Battalion 1944?

The two game's feel miles apart even if you take the view of CoD4 promod (which i played a lot) and tbh i don't see why anyone would compare CoD4 Modern Warfare to a WW2 shooter anyway.

I'm not sure what the dev's intentions are but i hope they are not solely trying to market the game for competition use for the general public, id rather they made a basic game for the public and tweaked the game with a mod for comp use, keep the two apart because most just want to play a balanced game without the airborne shenanigans which is currently killing the game for the majority.

2 hours ago, Connard said:

Quake - 1996

Doom - 1993

... ¬¬

Well the net back then was not good enough to have a game - pings would have been too high

Your sarcasm is lost here, It is not necessarily the timescales we are talking about but the genre.  10 years for some is "old school" but for others this is not.  

The hypothesis is not wobbly, infact it is quite accurate.

1st premise is I am assessing it stock game against stock game.  Promod came later after the casual player base was significant.  However the "old school" games never had rankings.  We made our own stats webpage showing all the stats per weapon, and gametype etc, but there was no benefit or ranking.

Promod suggests to me it is a mod, and I don't know if infinity ward made this and it wasn't launched with the game.  So it stands on firm foundations

Again Quake 3 was launched in 1999

Unreal Tournament was released in 1999

2nd Premise is that ADSL didn't really start being released in the UK until 2000+ so multiplayer gaming certainly was too difficult to do with a very high ping.

2 hours ago, johnoboro said:

they mentioned cod ww2 by saying the only similarity is is that its ww2 yous can downvote me and all that petty shit all ya want n argue till the sun comes up the game style is how they have intended it to be otherwise it wouldnt be released on early access lol things will be tweaked and redisigned but the game is based around strafing and jumping and stuff lol... keep they negetive votes coming though yea ūüĎć petty saltiness lol

CoD WW2 is not CoD1 or CoD2 - it is far from the infinity ward of 2003 and 2005.  I am sorry but most gamers of that era, which I was, would agree with me.  CoD WW2 has loot boxes etc and CoD1 or 2 had none of this.  I could go on and on about the differences but I don't think I will be able to convince you that they are two separate entities, Sledgehammer made CoD WW2 and Infinity Ward made CoD 1 and 2 as well as the CoD 4

Edited by Koopa
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Connard said:

I was sarcastic...

I exaggerated his reasoning to show how wobbly it is.

I don't see how Koopa's reasoning was wobbly at all? The "classic" shooters that he mentioned are the ones that Bulkhead was very obviously making reference to in their kickstarter campaign -- the classic WW2 shooters MoHAA, CoD1/UO, CoD2, and to a lesser extent Day of Defeat:Source. All the earliest press and videos surrounding Battalion1944 are littered with references to those games, with no mention of any desire to remake "classic" Quake or Doom, and no mention of any desire to remake CoD4 Promod. His definition of "classic" shooters seems grounded in that reality, while i'm not sure yours does.

What I think this all means is that people who gave money during the kickstarter do, in my opinion, have a right to be a little upset with the current gameplay style. CoD4 Promod play, and what we see here with the initial release, has very little in common with those classic WW2 shooters. And, importantly, many of the early funders would have no doubt been hesitant to offer their support to a Promod-esque project. So their arguments are legitimate, and, as long as they're stated respectfully, it would be prudent from a business perspective to try to see their side here.

On the other hand... there are way too many detractors on these forums (and on Reddit, and on Steam) who seem wholly unwilling to offer these developers any benefit of the doubt whatsoever -- people who seem really immature in the way they offer their "critique." So I can see why Brammertron kinda snapped, and I think, based on the good will he's earned with his past openness during this early process, that we all owe him some latitude here. I mean, can you imagine a project that you're so obviously passionate about and have put your heart and soul into for years being ripped to shreds the way some people have unjustifiably tried to rip this game to shreds? It's all just seemed so unfair.

There are a few good reasons for many of the early backers to be disappointed, undoubtedly. But there are also lots of not-so-good reasons to be disappointed, and the not-so-good ones are the ones being disproportionately voiced around the web. It's reasonable to expect that those unjustifiable criticisms are irreparably "tainting" this game, at least for that class of players who won't have the maturity and/or attention span to revisit Battalion's progress a year from now. So let's cut the developers some slack for being a little bit direct at times with their responses.

My view is that the guys at Bulkhead have earned the chance -- and the time -- to make it all right. I have faith that they'll find some way to do so, to offer some kind of compromise.

Despite this bumpy and perhaps slightly disappointing first few weeks, do any of us veteran players have much doubt that this game will, at some point, be a very good one? I don't. Even if it ends up being not quite the game I had hoped for.

Edited by sttp
clarity
  • Upvote 1