16 minutes ago, SirBob said:

When it comes to mod tools, I don't want to play a game where every server is different.

Thats the Point. I can not tell to Players in my Friends list the game will be better on some Servers. 

I wonder why the developers do not take shot before  bug on the very biggest part of the community seriously.

On ‚Äé08‚Äé/‚Äé02‚Äé/‚Äé2018 at 8:59 AM, Koopa said:

The jumping shot accuracy has to be killed to like 1%. Otherwise this will kill the game. 

It looks like the numbers are dropping due to this.  Quite a few people are just giving up and refunding the game or confining this to the archives of their steam games

It's sad to see but it needs to be address if we want to bring back the players.  The masses are crying out for it to be sorted, and I hope they do

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Koopa said:

It looks like the numbers are dropping due to this.  Quite a few people are just giving up and refunding the game or confining this to the archives of their steam games

It's sad to see but it needs to be address if we want to bring back the players.  The masses are crying out for it to be sorted, and I hope they do

TBH I think all of my clan (who are let say older gamers ) & whom pre ordered the game looking for a bit of nostalgia and hark back to the golden days of PC gaming  ,
just join a server & see the ridiculous amount of jumping & leave .....it is beyond a joke .

So Battalion 1944 a competitive FPS game that captures the core of classic multiplayer shooters and revives 'old school' FPS games

But not well liked by the gamers whom actually  played those classic mp & old school games !

Need to rein the bunny jumping in to bring us old codgers back  .

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, Gis said:

TBH Je pense que tous mes clans (qui sont laiss√©s dire joueurs plus √Ęg√©s) et qui ont pr√© command√© le jeu √† la recherche d'un peu de nostalgie et revenir aux jours dor√©s du jeu PC, il
suffit de rejoindre un serveur et voir la quantité ridicule de saut partir ... c'est au-delà d'une blague.

Donc, Battalion 1944 un jeu FPS comp√©titif qui capture le noyau des jeux de tir multijoueurs classiques et ravive les jeux FPS ¬ęold school¬Ľ

Mais pas bien aimé par les joueurs qui ont réellement joué ces jeux classiques mp & old school!

Besoin de freiner le lapin pour nous ramener les vieux codgers.

Totally agree !

Is there any way in the server settings the jumping can be calmed down at al?  Was thinking of renting a server but rather save my money if there's no bunny hopping 0 command.

6 of the old school gamers I used to play fps with regularly  brought this game 4 have already refunded it due to the flea circus. I'm holding on for custom mods and maps and preying it gets better :(

26 minutes ago, Drezzy said:

Is there a server with the calm jump ?

I looked through the basic server settings last night and couldn't find anything obvious.

If it can be done it will bring many more "old school" gamer's back.

The other main issue i find with the game is getting killed by someone i couldn't see and after a few games last night i started to find more and more people camping, just waiting for you to come running out, but these are topics for another day.

Control over server settings, such as the jump really is the key IMHO.

Old school games allowed control and it's something I miss. The popularity of console seemed to spell the end of our all.

I know my friends and myself would consider our own server if we had a good control over it to play the way we like to play. Proper old skool style.

That would probably mean a curtailment of the crazy jump! xD

19 hours ago, Excel said:

J'ai regardé les paramètres de base du serveur la nuit dernière et je n'ai rien trouvé d'évident.

Si cela peut √™tre fait, cela apportera beaucoup plus de joueurs de ¬ęvieille √©cole¬Ľ.

L'autre problème principal que je trouve avec le jeu est de se faire tuer par quelqu'un que je ne pouvais pas voir et après quelques matchs la nuit dernière j'ai commencé à trouver de plus en plus de campeurs, attendant que tu viennes à bout, mais ce sont des sujets un autre jour.

it's sad :/

Thought I would give it another go , but every server I went into it was all jump shots  ......this is a big issue (Apprently it`s pro like) as I was informed by those players a few times pmsl

But I havent seen one Dev comment on so far on this .

So that tells me alot on how this game will or will not develope, so I will go back to remastered/bfbc2 & buy the WW2 DLC after all & pop back in next months or so or just maybe "Hell let loose" will work out better

Have fun !

bunny.jpg

Edited by Gis
  • Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Gis said:

Thought I would give it another go , but every server I went into it was all jump shots  ......this is a big issue (Apprently it`s pro like) as I was informed by those players a few times pmsl

But I havent seen one Dev comment on so far on this .

So that tells me alot on how this game will or will not develope, so I will go back to remastered/bfbc2 & buy the WW2 DLC after all & pop back in next months or so or just maybe "Hell let loose" will work out better

Have fun !

bunny.jpg

LoL - and it's killed the game, along with no xp with your server, lack of support for community server

people are fed up and the numbers show it... its dropped to about 800 people playing at the min and will be less for the peak tonight.  I like others are getting fed up waiting for a fix with no communications from the guys.

I understand they want a good earn break however this is not the time to take

Edited by Koopa
Added a review
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Don Camillo said:

In the video, he expresses it correctly. The game does not allow for skill due to the Hardcore-like Mode and the Jump Shoots.
That is why it will not be with the e-sports dream...

Agree , this video described very well how I feel about the game and I do agree on the changes he mentions.

I am a little confused. Do we pay for the pro's to get a game for tournaments and win prizes or will here also be a casual game for the masses.

That video pretty much sums it up, can't disagree with anything he said and that is a real shame.

4 minutes ago, SirBob said:

Do we pay for the pro's to get a game for tournaments and win prizes or will here also be a casual game for the masses.

I think the developers should make a core game for the masses and release mod tools so the game can be adjusted for tournaments, leagues and let everyone have the ability to change the game to suit their servers.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, SirBob said:

I am a little confused. Do we pay for the pro's to get a game for tournaments and win prizes

Yes, this. Whole alpha development stage felt this way. And since it was developed in coordination with mostly competitive players / ex-pro players, there was very little empathy for casual players. Sure it was discussed but most people felt like these casual modes are enough. 

Most games on esport scene had to evolve into real competitive games by thinking on casual players first. They didn't start there, they had to reach it by creating a fun environment for casual players first. It's natural evolution. When people ask more from a game, when they love it and want to start being serious about playing it. 

But sure, it's possible to create a game with competitive scene in mind and big focus on that. But that takes a lot of effort and you need to come with something special. 

And I don't think copying 10 years old game will make that happen. You need much more than that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, Excel said:

That video pretty much sums it up, can't disagree with anything he said and that is a real shame.

I think the developers should make a core game for the masses and release mod tools so the game can be adjusted for tournaments, leagues and let everyone have the ability to change the game to suit their servers.

Almost like it was in cod4

I think many casual players would be happy with this solution and both sides will benefit from this, since the game will be populated, and competition players will get their game as they wish.

I think one should not pretend that this game is made for pro professional players. For this it is too easy and does not require a great ability to make a kill.

For me, this bounce is nothing but a form of bug. In the video is very good to see why. The jumping player can shoot before you even see it.

The mass rejects this bunny1944. Only a very small part like it. Presumably because they enjoy an advantage over players playing normally.
Edited by Don Camillo
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Don Camillo said:
I think one should not pretend that this game is made for pro professional players. For this it is too easy and does not require a great ability to make a kill.

For me, this bounce is nothing but a form of bug. In the video is very good to see why. The jumping player can shoot before you even see it.

The mass rejects this bunny1944. Only a very small part like it. Presumably because they enjoy an advantage over players playing normally.

not at all because on axis side the opposition are jumping aim in the air a bit away from the corner rather than aiming tight to the corner and kill them its not hard lol... if the slow lean peak the wall you see them first so have chance to adjust your aim... i dont get the complaining i have no problem holding an angle when peaple jump peak just use your brain :/

the lack of common sense never mind game sense is why people cry about this game... from day dot it was gunna play similar to promod its baffling that people now expect different

• Downvote 1

One releases an interesting and fun game.  For me this was CoD1 and lots of people played it.  Then I started to go on to Clan servers with interesting mods such as PRM (Pools Realism Mod).  That was great as it set a precedence when playing competitive such as cooking a nade.  You knew the timer and you also heard the pin go "ping" if so had time to move out of the room via a window, but that was only heard in the proximity.  The game was very competitive and it was so much fun.  I played many hours with a lot of people.  I don't want to lose interest in Battalion hence why I am putting some constructive thinking forward.  What we have to accept is that everyone views this from their game and no one elses.  But there are common themes to the casual which I feel must be addressed. 

I found it amusing I was called a n00b the other night when I was having fun with the sniper.  Only one using it apparently, but I switched to MP44 after much trawling only to massacre the opposition to 3-0 in CTF.  I think the DEVs are reading this and the ball is in their court

I don't play jumping shots not because I cant but because I don't feel it adds to the game. I wish there was more HP as a friend and I (ex CoD1) held a staircase all match which allowed us to dominate the map

Edited by Koopa

in my clan, 4 dudes bought the game, 2 have already lost interest because of the jumping and jump+crouch and jump+prone, after not even 2 hours enduring this). I mean they are actually right, if you want to play that kind of stuff, there is unreal tournament or quake and such. You just need to implement rocket launcher for rocketjumps and you can directly call it Unreal Tournament WW2 Mod (pink intended).

The thing is, we watch your trailer

and then you watch watch actual gameplay, its a ...ing joke! Its called false advertisement, how in the world is that a WW2 setting, jumping with a sniper headshoting on every distance, I mean I do that too and it makes me question the sanity of humankind.

Edited by sightseeer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ūüėāūüėāūüėā cod 4 promod with ww2 theme and weapons.. as advertised from day dot... listing to what they wanted the game to be and now playing, it is EXACTLY how its always veen intended EXACTLY you bought the game and you dont have the skills or gamesense to adapt to it and your all throwing your toys out the pram... go play csgo or something where theres no jumping abd air shots.

• Downvote 6