3 hours ago, abhi said:

COD2 and COD4 Promod are classics. End of. And that is what Battalion is based on, and that is why we have the game we have today. Vanilla COD is obviously a classic too, but is not relevant to the discussion.

If you don't like fish, don't eat it. It is as simple as that.

How is vCoD not relevant? It is THE classic CoD no matter how supposedly good and popular CoD4promod was. That's like saying Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a classic Battlefield game which is obviously stupid and wrong because you're omitting BF1942 and BF2 at the very least.

People have good reasons to feel cheated and saying vCoD is irrelevant is just plain dumb. 2007 was near the end of good classic FPS and CoD4 was the catalyst for that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, johnoboro said:

nothing wrong with it lol the game is made to play like old school cods, they are pretty damn close aswell! devs have done an awesome job

the downvotes off the noobs ahha petty little pricks lol

11 hours ago, Tygrys said:

How is vCoD not relevant? It is THE classic CoD no matter how supposedly good and popular CoD4promod was. That's like saying Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a classic Battlefield game which is obviously stupid and wrong because you're omitting BF1942 and BF2 at the very least.

People have good reasons to feel cheated and saying vCoD is irrelevant is just plain dumb. 2007 was near the end of good classic FPS and CoD4 was the catalyst for that.

Because they didn't look at vCOD when they were outlining Battalion 1944 and therefor not relevant to the discussion. I never said it wasn't a classic though, quite the opposite actually.

On 06/02/2018 at 1:52 PM, Teh Next said:

The way over the top jumping, is that a feature a deliberate inclusion? 

Or are there plans to cam it down a bit? 

I'm quite enjoying B44 but don't think I could endure that ridiculous jumping on a longer time frame. 

Thx

Totally agree ! His kills the pleasure of playing

• Upvote 3

I also think jumping(bunnyhopping) is OP at the moment and needs to be toned down. Which is a bit hypocritical for me to say, because I do it myself after I noticed that my COD2/CS style of play didn't work. 

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Upvote 3

I dare say that given the PC'centric nature of the game /development team that some one will run a no jump server, eventually. 

That'd suit me. 

I'm sure this has been said many times, but this is not CoD 2 or CoD4 or any other CoD for that matter. It's Battalion. Jumping/shooting/movement/accuracy have all been implemented with a view to creating a competitive shooter. I get the impression people are getting their pants in a twist because they are getting bested in a way they are not used to? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm looking at it as I'll need to put in quite a few hours before I can truly make any judgement on what needs to be tweaked. For now my advice would be to try and learn the current mechanics as they are. 

• Downvote 1

The corner jumping in this game by itself is fine and a GREAT mechanic to increase the skill ceiling and add to the arsenal of player tools. HOWEVER, the problem currently is that it is un-counterable due to the netcode issues the game currently has. They will see you before you see them and considering the low TTK (which I like) you will be dead and seemingly receive the damage all at once. This creates a stale corner-jumping only meta where the jumper will always win IF he is any good. Then throw proning just after the first free corner jump insta-kill and even though second guy is shooting his head the shots are going elsewhere according to the server. Should corner jumping be removed or significantly nerfed? Definitely not or this game will not be as unique nor as competitive without it. Netcode fixes to address this issue need to be the Devs' priority as the rest of the game does not matter if the netcode itself is bad as gunfights won't be dictated by skill or aim much in high level play but rather by gambling your jump timing alone which will make the meta stale out and players will lose interest when they realize the other aspects of this game are moot. Throw in double the ping (even just East coast on West coast) or 200 ping players from EU (4x) and the person on the receiving end of a corner jump shotgun will have no way to react. You die before the enemy shows up. I have tried it when I queued on foreign servers myself against a friend and he got extremely irritated. I would say that this is the game's number one threat currently to casual and competitive players alike. We really need a Dev response.

I generally have nothing against jump shoots.  

At the moment it is unacceptable. Yesterday I was on a server since a SQAUD has perfected this hopping. 

95% of all their kills were made by jumping. Not just around the corner but above all Forward.It is so that the jump has no constant speed and thus is difficult to track. 

In self-tests it feels as if the second jump is supported again with spring Springs

The hopping is currently like bug using or cheating. 

• Upvote 2

On ‎09‎-‎02‎-‎2018 at 2:25 PM, Earz said:

I'm sure this has been said many times, but this is not CoD 2 or CoD4 or any other CoD for that matter. It's Battalion. Jumping/shooting/movement/accuracy have all been implemented with a view to creating a competitive shooter. I get the impression people are getting their pants in a twist because they are getting bested in a way they are not used to? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm looking at it as I'll need to put in quite a few hours before I can truly make any judgement on what needs to be tweaked. For now my advice would be to try and learn the current mechanics as they are. 

This is cod 4 promod in my opinion renamed to battalion1944 .It is exactly what one would expect. Like it or not.

I'm a dinosaur and like other's remember the time from cod2/4

The question is whether it will work in 2018 as a online multiplayer game.

I do not know how many thousand hours I have been jump shooting in cod2/4 and that was fun at the time.

But after playing BF ever since and now coming back to the same path I'm not so sure anymore.

It did not take a long time to learn again, rusty though, but it's a little too much "who see, shoot or jump first" just like in the old days.

It's absolutely fun, and I also going to play it from time to time, but I'd probably expect more from a 2018 game than a copy of a 2005/7 game in terms of graphics, movements and Weapon handeling.

Know that I've repeated myself several times, but if it's only successful on the competitive side, then other deadly ones must look after another game because I doubt it will be successful as an online game unless a version for arcade gaming is made. That would be sad because a game like this is needed today in my opinion.

I'm not negative, but frankly concerned about the future of this game early access or not and would like to see it successful

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have played many cod2 and especially cod4 Promod  games/matches and don't mind the hopping but i feel it is out of control on B1944 servers.

I play one game and im done, i also tried a carbine, Kar98 etc whilst hopping and got 100% accuracy, maybe i got lucky but i feel the game is currently setup to jump and shoot.

There will always be mixed feelings on jumping, always has been and always will. Not everyone will be satisfied and the dev's can't please everyone.

If this is the way the game is to be played that's fine but at least give server owners the ability to reduce or remove jumping should they feel the need to.

• Upvote 2

Are people really comparing COD2 jumping to this game? In COD2 you couldn't sprint(except for modded servers), thus making it more difficult to bounce around quickly. And you couldn't even nearly jump as high as in Battalion 1944. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/2/2018 at 3:57 PM, johnoboro said:

it was meant from day one to play like promod with cod 2 weapons and map style lol.. that has ALWAYS been the intention

Came to say this. I don't see anything wrong with the jumping atm.

• Downvote 1

No one denies that it plays just like it's suppose to do, but if no one wants to play it with the exception of a small group of players what difference does it make then.

A competition game needs a solid online player base where it can be marketed, create new teams, recruit new players and above all, finance for development.

Even if it's in early access the game run quite well and I can not see any significant changes that will make it more popular than it is right now, unless there is an alternative to competition mode. A game all have been talking about and only 3,5k playing according to steam on a weekend.

One can continue to say that the game is as promised, but if the goal can not be achieved, another strategy may have to be considered.

2 hours ago, niko said:

Came to say this. I don't see anything wrong with the jumping atm.

Well it doesn't play anything like right now and promod was just as fast if not faster. So what is the issue here then ?

My gaming squad are mainly older players and were hoping that this game might be the one to replace our currant game that we play. I started playing B44 the other day and liked it very much but then came the bunny hopping and to be honest it was so annoying I left the server.  I’m not recommending this game to my members as it is obviously for the younger players with quicker reactions, which is a great shame for us old buggers!!

41 minutes ago, Bulldog1 said:

My gaming squad are mainly older players and were hoping that this game might be the one to replace our currant game that we play. I started playing B44 the other day and liked it very much but then came the bunny hopping and to be honest it was so annoying I left the server.  I’m not recommending this game to my members as it is obviously for the younger players with quicker reactions, which is a great shame for us old buggers!!

You and your squad sound like they would have more fun when mod tools are released. Then you can mod your own server and remove jump completely if you really want.

Also, when has an FPS not favoured someone with fast reactions?! :P Not having a go, just it's kind of the point, isn't it? Jumping around corners or not, you are rewarded for your reaction time.

Hopefully if Mod tools are released then yes that may well be the ideal option for our squad.

Nothing wrong with having fast reactions through being a younger player or through practice, I’m just saying that from an older player and a newbie to this game the continuous jumping when not even shooting at anyone was like watching a bunch of kangaroos playing and was irritating. (To me personally) It just put me off wanting to play the game.

You cannot please everyone at the end of the day.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Freakshow said:

You and your squad sound like they would have more fun when mod tools are released. Then you can mod your own server and remove jump completely if you really want.

Also, when has an FPS not favoured someone with fast reactions?! :P Not having a go, just it's kind of the point, isn't it? Jumping around corners or not, you are rewarded for your reaction time.

I do agree to some point, but it you take a game like BF if more about knowing how to move around the maps and having a good aim at middle and long range and not so much about reactions. When it comes to mod tools, I don't want to play a game where every server is different.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1