Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The way over the top jumping, is that a feature a deliberate inclusion? 

Or are there plans to cam it down a bit? 

I'm quite enjoying B44 but don't think I could endure that ridiculous jumping on a longer time frame. 

Thx

  • Upvote 11
  • Downvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree completely!!!!! Starting to play like a Bugs Bunny cartoon now......people constantly bouncing all over the place! " Why, you wascally wabbit!" >:(

If the game offers that ability unabated...then hoping some modder out there, will at some point sort a mod to restrict the weapon to a degree. Like some of the old CoD2 mods did 9_9

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will stay. They specifically had to modify the Unreal 4 engine in order to be able to introduce strafejumping, would be weird to remove a feature they worked on for probably month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, locco said:

It will stay. They specifically had to modify the Unreal 4 engine in order to be able to introduce strafejumping, would be weird to remove a feature they worked on for probably month

thats fine it just needs tweaking, unlike cod4 the weapons kill a lot faster in this, making the corner jumping stuff OP.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

nothing wrong with it lol the game is made to play like old school cods, they are pretty damn close aswell! devs have done an awesome job

Stop this nonsense already, it doesn't play like oldschool CoDs, it plays like CoD4promod. And there's A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE between these. And don't make me waste time recording "olsdchool CoDs" for side by side comparison just to prove how full of shit your statement is, please. It's okay to like the game the way it is, it's not okay to spread missinformation like that because the only thing it will achieve is more angry people shittalking the game and throwing bad reviews at it. It's CoD4promod reincarnation for CoD4promod fans. Noone who enjoyed gameplay of vCoD or CoDUO (actual CLASSIC, OLDSCHOOL CoDs) has anything to look forward to in here.

Edited by Marrond
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, in regards to corner jumping, there will probably be a change at one point. Unsure what will that be exactly, but a lot of people have complained about this in various ways, so I guess they're at least considering some changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marrond said:

Stop this nonsense already, it doesn't play like oldschool CoDs, it plays like CoD4promod. And there's A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE between these. And don't make me waste time recording "olsdchool CoDs" for side by side comparison just to prove how full of shit your statement is, please. It's okay to like the game the way it is, it's not okay to spread missinformation like that. It's CoD4promod reincarnation for CoD4promod fans. Noone who enjoyed gameplay of vCoD or CoDUO (actual CLASSIC, OLDSCHOOL CoDs) has anything to look forward to in here.

Why tf do these discussion excist..

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it gives another option so if you peak a corner with lean that people are holding your dead if you cant jump. this way if you waiting for someone to peak you either aim in the air ready for the jump or you aim the corner for the lean... its not where if people are holding the corner your dead when you peek.

Just now, Sm1t said:

i played classic cod, uo and cod and love this game so...

i aint played anything but cs for 3 year stopped cod 4 nearly 6 year ago i probs wouldnt have ever played another fps if this hadnt been released because they didnt make them the same anymore all cods since cod 4 have been aweful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

it was meant from day one to play like promod with cod 2 weapons and map style lol.. that has ALWAYS been the intention

So if it's like CoD4 promod with CoD2 weapons then it's not like classic CoDs. Again, proving the point. Intentions or not, your statement was wrong on too many levels and is one of the causes of all negative reception Battalion has - because you lure people in with false expectations. I'm not arguing whether that gameplay style is good or bad.

Edited by Marrond
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sm1t said:

i played classic cod, uo and cod and love this game so...

Heretic! I played the crap out of MoH:AA then CoD2 and didn't really throw that many hours into promod (in comparison) and I love it too.

Regarding the jumping, things like this are open to tuning but the premise won't drastically change.

For the tac realism guys, there will also be mod tools so you can have your server and play it however you wish with the right mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cod 2 and cod 4 are the classic cods haha what are you on? at the end of the day your crying because a game is EXACTLY how they said it would be from day one! exactly the same as the gamepley footage suggested and exactly how the devs said it would be in numerous statements, interviews and videos put out to the public. if you dont like it why did you buy it lol?

2 minutes ago, Freakshow said:

Heretic! I played the crap out of MoH:AA then CoD2 and didn't really throw that many hours into promod (in comparison) and I love it too.

Regarding the jumping, things like this are open to tuning but the premise won't drastically change.

For the tac realism guys, there will also be mod tools so you can have your server and play it however you wish with the right mod.

same but i barely played cod 2 i went from mohaa to cod4 then csgo and now moving to this :D mohaa was sick back in the day lol

Edited by johnoboro
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marrond said:

So if it's like CoD4 promod with CoD2 weapons then it's not like classic CoDs. Again, proving the point. Intentions or not, your statement was wrong on too many levels and is one of the causes of all negative reception Battalion has - because you lure people in with false expectations. I'm not arguing whether that gameplay style is good or bad.

Depends on your definition of classic. 2007 was already long time ago. Sure it wasn't 2003 when CoD1 release but that's a difference of only 4 years.....CoD4 with promod was the last of the CoDs to be considered classic by a lot of people because of many things, not just the way you moved around a map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

cod 2 and cod 4 are the classic cods

What are you, born in 2000s? o.0

 

 

"i went from mohaa to cod4"

 

This explains a lot - you're simply unaware and ignorant to the gameplay CoD series employed before it was consolized to be playable on a gamepad... therefore you're forgiven but again - don't throw classic WW2 CoDs into the same basket as these are WILDLY different animals.

 

Edited by Marrond
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The jumping is part of their movement system they implemented to give the game depth and make it more like old school games (yes odd and buggy jumps were indeed part of CoD, CoD2, and CoD4, but the degree to which it was accentuated was not clear until sprint was added for UO and CoD4). Many will recall playing CoD4 and having people jumping all over the map with the AK74u. There are a lot of jumps in the game to get to and from locations which depends upon this movement system, I've learned a lot of them already. If they did indeed come to the conclusion that the community really does indeed want this mechanic removed, they would essentially need to commit to re-working all of their existing maps since some of these strafe jumps are actually worked into map balance whether anyone knows that yet or not.

This means their only alternative would probably be to nerf its usefulness for shooting, but its hard to say whether or not that will actually be desirable since it would involve the game sort of artificially making you super inaccurate while strafe jumping or something like that, which would make the movement a little more along the lines of a CS mechanic where doing a specific movement makes you wildly inaccurate. It would likely make the game play a lot slower, since peeker's advantage on regular corner leans doesn't seem all that powerful. I see the strafe jumping as an insurance policy against people just holding angles really hard. In CS you have a wider variety of nades to force players out of difficult angles and a pretty strong peeker's advantage online (thought its not hard to hold angles on LAN if you're fast). If you have a game like this where the removal of the strafe jump mechanic takes away one of the two current tools to attack on offense it will drastically affect the feel of the game. I'm not saying it isn't possible or couldn't work I'm just pointing out that it will have repercussions.

Also, I've seen a fair amount of accusations that the developers are somehow misleading people. For starters, it is charged that CoD4 is not a classic CoD game. While it is not what I personally think of when I think of classic CoD (as someone who moved from MoHAA to vCoD and onward) I'd like to point out that it was the last PC CoD to offer day 1 dedicated servers, mod tools, and have a strong competitive community on CAL/CEVO. It also occurred 11 years ago at this point, and to a large number of people CoD4 IS a classic CoD game regardless of what anyone else's opinion might be. On top of that, "Classic FPS" was not nearly the only term the developers used while talking about what this game was going to be. They did indeed mention CoD4 on multiple occasions as something they wanted to include/emulate. If a current player of Battalion feels duped by the developers chances are they weren't paying very close attention for the better part of 2 years since all of the movement and game feel was outlined in the demo videos they released in late 2016 to early 2017. They intentionally released a trailer which was raw gameplay footage to not confuse anybody and that demo included people strafe jumping around corners shooting people. The incredulity of some people post EA release is a bit shocking to be honest, since I've never seen a more honest and transparent group of developers and people are reacting like somehow they were lied to.

Edited by saLz
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, saLz said:

Also, I've seen a fair amount of accusations that the developers are somehow misleading people. For starters, it is charged that CoD4 is not a classic CoD game. While it is not what I personally think of when I think of classic CoD (as someone who moved from MoHAA to vCoD and onward) I'd like to point out that it was the last PC CoD to offer day 1 dedicated servers, mod tools, and have a strong competitive community on CAL/CEVO. It also occurred 11 years ago at this point, and to a large number of people CoD4 IS a classic CoD game regardless of what anyone else's opinion might be. On top of that, "Classic FPS" was not nearly the only term the developers used while talking about what this game was going to be. They did indeed mention CoD4 on multiple occasions as something they wanted to include/emulate. If a current player of Battalion feels duped by the developers chances are they weren't paying very close attention for the better part of 2 years since all of the movement and game feel was outlined in the demo videos they released in late 2016 to early 2017. They intentionally released a trailer which was raw gameplay footage to not confuse anybody and that demo included people strafe jumping around corners shooting people. The incredulity of some people post EA release is a bit shocking to be honest, since I've never seen a more honest and transparent group of developers and people are reacting like somehow they were lied to.

Thank you. You near enough wrote exactly how I feel about this situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jumps (and in essence movement itself in general) are not a problem - lack of accuracy penalties (something that was an obvious part of vCoD or CoD:UO - something that you could do and it could pay off but it wasn't granted) for movement (or being hit) creates an avalanche of balance problems. There's a reason why they've changed weapons the way they did in CoD5 (and essentially trashed bolt rifles by taking away it's 1hit torso kill potential making them inferior to any other choice available) to maintain this norecoil style console style gameplay.

This guy gets it:

 

 

Edited by Marrond
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marrond said:

and essentially trashed bolt rifles by taking away it's 1hit torso kill potential making them inferior to any other choice available) to maintain this norecoil style console style gameplay.

 

Are you playing the same Battalion 1944 I am? Because the K98 knocks you on your ass...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, saLz said:

Are you playing the same Battalion 1944 I am? Because the K98 knocks you on your ass...

Are you reading the context? I wrote that in CoD5 to maintain CoD4 playstyle they've trashed bolt rifles to acommodate for lack of gunplay and accuracy penalties. How do you see any of that sentence to describe Battalion situation?

 

I will help you, that's the full sentence:

 

10 minutes ago, Marrond said:

There's a reason why they've changed weapons the way they did in CoD5 (and essentially trashed bolt rifles by taking away it's 1hit torso kill potential making them inferior to any other choice available) to maintain this norecoil style console style gameplay.

Edited by Marrond
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

COD2 and COD4 Promod are classics. End of. And that is what Battalion is based on, and that is why we have the game we have today. Vanilla COD is obviously a classic too, but is not relevant to the discussion.

If you don't like fish, don't eat it. It is as simple as that.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Marrond said:

Are you reading the context? I wrote that in CoD5 to maintain CoD4 playstyle they've trashed bolt rifles to acommodate for lack of gunplay and accuracy penalties. How do you see any of that sentence to describe Battalion situation?

 

I will help you, that's the full sentence:

 

You don't need to type in an aggressive and condescending tone to me (as you have to everyone else in this thread as well), I don't really appreciate it since I've done nothing of the sort to you and this is supposed to be a forum for reasonable discussion. With that said, the way you worded that sentence makes it sound like you're saying the developers of this game have changed the weapons to accommodate strafe jumps and essentially trashed bolt rifles. A simple clarification of what you meant would suffice, if we've both been playing games since vCoD we're probably both in our 30s and I'd appreciate if we could speak to one another as if we're not petulant children.

Edited by saLz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Marrond said:

What are you, born in 2000s? o.0

 

 

"i went from mohaa to cod4"

 

This explains a lot - you're simply unaware and ignorant to the gameplay CoD series employed before it was consolized to be playable on a gamepad... therefore you're forgiven but again - don't throw classic WW2 CoDs into the same basket as these are WILDLY different animals.

 

i played the other cods i just didnt put thousands of hours in lol. im not ignorant at all lol.. played every cod cod 2 and cod 4 where by far the best of the cods.

 

oh and if i was born in 200os i dont think i would have played mohaa considering that would have been dead by the time i was 10 lol

Edited by johnoboro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×