dmitch17

Grenade Indicator!!!

The grenade indicator NEEDS to be fixed. The current indicator lets you know if the grenade is 1 inch away or 200 feet away. There is no consistency and screws up gameplay. Please upvote this post so this change can be made.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, dmitch17 said:

The grenade indicator NEEDS to be fixed. The current indicator lets you know if the grenade is 1 inch away or 200 feet away. There is no consistency and screws up gameplay. Please upvote this post so this change can be made.

I personally don't think it should be there at all.  

1 hour ago, Twitch.tv/aussiexthunder said:

I personally don't think it should be there at all.  

Why would you want to remove it?

3 hours ago, Zane said:

It's currently too easy to dodge out the way of grenades, I do find the indicator a little silly but then I can't remember if sister games had this... (MOH:AA, COD series).

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, nabwhoo said:

but then I can't remember if sister games had this... (MOH:AA, COD series).

CoD atleast the ones i played (CoD 2 and CoD4:Promod) all had it. MOH:AA didnt have it but you used grenades in moh completely different with the ability to draw them either short or long and the ability to cook them. But i really dont think MOH:AA/Spearhead style nades would work in Battalion

Edited by Whhaayy

4 minutes ago, Whhaayy said:

CoD atleast the ones i played (CoD 2 and CoD4:Promod) all had it. MOH:AA didnt have it but you used grenades in moh completely different with the ability to draw them either short or long and the ability to cook them. But i really dont think MOH:AA style nades would work in Battalion

How do you feel about the ability to just cook grenades?

14 minutes ago, nabwhoo said:

That i would actually like :D. But i also see it could  end in some cheapness with people sitting behind corners cooking grenades and throw them directly into faces scoring cheap kills without much effort. On the other hand that was possible in MOH aswell and i f*cking loved that game.

EDIT: I mean MOH:Spearhead ofcourse

Edited by Whhaayy

3 minutes ago, Whhaayy said:

That i would actually like :D. But i also see it could  end in some cheapness with people sitting behind corners cooking grenades and throw them directly into faces scoring cheap kills without much effort. On the other hand that was possible in MOH aswell and i f*cking loved that game.

MOH:AA didn't have nade cooking, 30% of that game did revolve around nades though (especially since you had 3).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nabwhoo said:

MOH:AA didn't have nade cooking, 30% of that game did revolve around nades though (especially since you had 3).

MOHAA:Spearhead did have grenade cooking and you only had 1 :D 

50 minutes ago, nabwhoo said:

Cooking was in CoD:UO and without grenade indicator. It was just fine. But then again, game was more about positioning and controlling recoil and less about running and gunning... also there was more clear, louder audio clue for both grenades bouncing and pulling the pin.

Edited by Marrond

5 hours ago, Zane said:

As mentioned way too easy to dodge for anyone.. Makes them pretty useless.  Unless you throwing across map and it lands on someones foot. 

2 hours ago, nabwhoo said:

It's currently too easy to dodge out the way of grenades, I do find the indicator a little silly but then I can't remember if sister games had this... (MOH:AA, COD series).

Agreed 

11 minutes ago, Twitch.tv/aussiexthunder said:

As mentioned way too easy to dodge for anyone.. Makes them pretty useless.  Unless you throwing across map and it lands on someones foot.

You can land some unavoidable grenades (simply because enemy has no time to react between seeing indicator and actual explosion happening) but you're basically throwing them almost directly above yourself so it only works if both you and enemy are in open space. Stopped defuse few times like that, sitting just behind the wall next to it. Timing on the grenade is so that if you throw it directly above you it will explode in your face just before touching the ground. It's just a hassle.

Edited by Marrond

I'd love to be able to cook grenades and get rid of indicators. 1st of all they work for friendly grenades which is just annoying and 2nd what's the point if you can avoid them so easily? Better audio for them and no indicators would be great. Only times when grenades hit is either if I end up in really hot fight and there are priorities to kill enemies first or if it lands and blows me up instantly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Twitch.tv/aussiexthunder said:

As mentioned way too easy to dodge for anyone.. 

You can't dodge a nade that blows directly after it hits the ground. B44 nades are meant to be used as the ones in COD series. not CSGO. Throwing them low to hit enemy in the body will indeed let him dodge it... It's all about practicing tactical grenades, e.g. throwing them at the best possible timing to suppress possible rush, blow up most often used sniper spots or save them to kill a planter from safe spot. This mechanic is fine and won't be changed. If somebody wants grenade cooking back, certainly doesn't know what he's talking about.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, craven. said:

You can't dodge a nade that blows directly after it hits the ground. B44 nades are meant to be used as the ones in COD series. not CSGO. Throwing them low to hit enemy in the body will indeed let him dodge it... It's all about practicing tactical grenades, e.g. throwing them at the best possible timing to suppress possible rush, blow up most often used sniper spots or save them to kill a planter from safe spot. This mechanic is fine and won't be changed. If somebody wants grenade cooking back, certainly doesn't know what he's talking about.

That's kind of the point... Nades are only useful if you throw them through whole map so they blow up as they hit the ground. In CoD 1 it wasn't how nades were used, in CoD 2 you could also cook your nades so there were viable, same goes for CoD 4, 5, 6 and I didn't play any other but I'm pretty sure it's still how they work. If I want to stop the rush, yeah I'm gonna throw a not cooked nade to scare someone off but that and long throws are the only ways to use nades atm.

In CoD 1 it wasn't how nades were used, in CoD 2 you could also cook your nades so there were viable, same goes for CoD 4, 5,

None of it is true if we're speaking about competitive games. Grenade cooking was always overused, almost exploited. That's why it was banned in every single league starting from vCOD to COD5. You must be aware that devs were taking inspiration from CODs competitive settings (ePAM/Promod) here, not the raw game itself.

Edited by craven.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I can’t believe some people in this thread would like to see grenade cooking implemented. What an absolute fucking joke, that shit is broken and would instantly destroy a competitive scene in this game. Good thing the devs have brains and would never even consider adding it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wish we could choose in server options, indication or none or just the sound of it landing so you have to guess and run! That means more work on the sound in the game :P

• Upvote 2

At the end of the day the original argument was about the indicator. I think that it should be fixed, or removed all together, but it cannot remain as inconsistent as it is now. As for cooking, i am glad that grenade cooking is not implemented. Adding grenade cooking would decrease the skill of the game, and diminish the enjoyment.

When nade cooking is not implemented I personally think it's missed oppertunity. In my opinion this gives an extra dimension on playing with nades. Because players have only one or two nades the impact will not be that big.

I would like to ask the devs to reconsider and/or create a unique nade cook Battalion version of it. :)