Sovietshark

Basic Issues that need immediate fixes

I backed this game on Kickstarter and have been looking forward to it, but I have to say I'm quite displeased currently. Here are some things that need to be fixed, immediately, or its going to result in the game flopping.

1. I've been trying to play this game for the past hour. Every time I join a server, even when its 16/32 or 10/12 it kicks me out and says "Server Full". Why? 

2. For the last 20 minutes of the hour I have been sitting here "Searching" for an Arcade game. I, quite literally, can't even play this game. 

3. VOIP needs to be added for Ranked. It's essential for communication. There literally can't be ranked without VOIP or the ranked scene will be dead on arrival because it will be full of people unable to communicate. Sure League does it, but at least they have pings and easy ways of non-verbal communication. This game doesn't. 

4. Hip Fire accuracy is almost more accurate than ADS, it's almost better to just spray and pray than try to aim.

5. Ping doesn't display in the Server Browser, many times joining a server to find out I have 400 ping, leave the server and then am unable to join any others due to being unable to join another server after being on a server.

6. Lack of a way to sort by mode/playercount/name in server browser. Also lack of a filter.

7. Matchmaking for Unranked needs to be fixed, like ASAP. If this is going to be anything similar to how ranked matchmaking is going to play it's going to kill the game. 90% of the unranked games I get in it's 5v4 or 4v3 or some number that is off, and then as the game goes on it just gets worse as people quit. 

8. Option to rejoin a game that you were just in (For Unranked/Ranked) in case your game crashes. 

9. Optimization, though this one can be later, but I find I run the game better with everything on Ultra...

10. Sometimes at the end of a match, the server just doesn't change levels. It just sits there. 

This is everyone's first impression of the game when they join in. Sure, when you DO get into a match its fun, but right now if I had bought it on steam I'd just refund this because I can't even play. Right now, it's so buggy, crashy, and basic features are missing for ranked that it's GOING to kill the game. Sure you can say "It's in Alpha", but no one cares. Look at DayZ or any other early access game, it's peak player count is around it's release and then it's a slow downhill from there, and for games that leave a TERRIBLE first impression fall off even harder, E.G. games you can't even play. I was able to play 4 matches yesterday, it was super fun. Wish I could play it at all today. I find myself putting more time into trying to get this game to work than actually playing. This is terrible, people will refund, people will just write this game off as unplayable and you will have a MUCH harder time convincing people you've fixed it and to give it a second try than them buying it the first time around. 

I almost kind of wish that the original game-plan of delivering the early access game in May would have been stuck to to iron out all these bugs. So many people are getting turned off by these issues right now that it's.... kind of bad. 

Edited by Sovietshark
  • Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Sneak1961 said:

not to mention your rank keeps resetting every time you start another game  and you cannot progress ......

I'm quite disappointed they choose to launch. They killed their game by launching early. They should have just stuck to their plan to iron out the bugs. Everyone's impression of this game is now that it is a buggy mess. Quite sad really that this happened, it had SUCH promise. I was going to recommend this to my friends since, when I am able to play, it is quite fun and brings back the original COD gameplay but it's not worth them buying it with it being in it's current state. 

Edited by Sovietshark

1 hour ago, Sneak1961 said:

not to mention your rank keeps resetting every time you start another game  and you cannot progress ......

It is a UI bug, your rank is going up! Will be fixed for sure.

1 hour ago, Cookiebot said:

It is a UI bug, your rank is going up! Will be fixed for sure.

Community Servers don't provide XP, but it shows XP going up. It's a serious issue that needs to be addressed. They really, REALLY, REALLY need to delay competitive play till all these fundamental game breaking issues are fixed. 

5 minutes ago, Sovietshark said:

Community Servers don't provide XP, but it shows XP going up. It's a serious issue that needs to be addressed. They really, REALLY, REALLY need to delay competitive play till all these fundamental game breaking issues are fixed. 

I don't think community servers will ever give you XP, otherwise, there will be AFK lobbys to get warchest and saturate the marketplace.

Almost all of the issues you brought up are planning to be fixed on the 8th with the Competitive update. Right now they are trying their hardest to get more servers and make them more stable. As for waiting to release early access. They chose to do it because they can only test so much on their own. By opening it up for thousands of people to play, it reveals many bugs that they would have missed if they didn't release into early access. This is why you just have to be patient, keep playing, and remember that this is early access and is essentially a beta version of the game and as such will have many more bugs than if it were fully released. In my opinion I would rather have a buggy beta version which leads to a smooth full release, rather than just waiting and getting a really buggy full release.

So far Bulkhead is doing an amazing job so far and I can't wait for competitive to be released!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HatchetMan302 said:

Almost all of the issues you brought up are planning to be fixed on the 8th with the Competitive update. Right now they are trying their hardest to get more servers and make them more stable. As for waiting to release early access. They chose to do it because they can only test so much on their own. By opening it up for thousands of people to play, it reveals many bugs that they would have missed if they didn't release into early access. This is why you just have to be patient, keep playing, and remember that this is early access and is essentially a beta version of the game and as such will have many more bugs than if it were fully released. In my opinion I would rather have a buggy beta version which leads to a smooth full release, rather than just waiting and getting a really buggy full release.

So far Bulkhead is doing an amazing job so far and I can't wait for competitive to be released!

Okay, so... cool that they are planning to fix this all. I have heard 0 about future plans of these fixes. I'm happy to hear this because I want to like this game, but the fact it took me over an hour to find a match has been a definite turn off. 

As for releasing it, I think you're mixing this up quite badly. They could have continued testing with their ~10,000 users who had it in early access before the release on steam. The release on steam was totally unnecessary and is literally turning people off of the game. You can say "You should be patient", "It's early access", "It's beta it will get better", but the statistics don't lie. A game is it's most popular when it releases on to steam and the fact people can't even play or are getting sprayed down by hipfire are turning people off of the game. This is an objective fact, it is 100% turning people off and is only hurting the name of the game for the future. It seems like 90% of games on steam are now in "early access", so to the vast majority of people Early Access is the equivalent to full release. And if you say "well we don't want them", you just eliminated a LOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT of people. 

Edited by Sovietshark

You're just assuming a lot of things and over-reacting at the blink of an eye. Give it time, or nothing will ever feel satisfying. I had some issues yesterday as well, and now tonight everything just worked. I'm very pleased with this game, and quite frankly this is the best fps game I've found since the MOHAA days. I'm definately hanging around for a long while with this game. Personally I love it because I can play it casually and still get some kills here and there. It's a win win for both competitive and casual players.

• Upvote 1

VOIP needs to be added for Ranked. It's essential for communication. There literally can't be ranked without VOIP or the ranked scene will be dead on arrival because it will be full of people unable to communicate. Sure League does it, but at least they have pings and easy ways of non-verbal communication. This game doesn't. 

As they said, here some features coming out with the week 1 patch :

• VOIP will be added to the game
  • Equipped weapon skins will be enabled on unofficial community servers.
  • Distributed servers will show if they are not up to date via the server browser.
  • Networking improvements.
  • Other small tweaks and fixes.

Source

I can also add what have been announced today in case someone missed it :

image.png.e8f598d4cb2796622b05aa27152c6596.png

Edited by NZK
  • Upvote 1