Sign in to follow this  
Scorpinox

Scope Sway NEEDED!!!!

This is a balancing issue, right now the snipers are one shot, one kill, and with no scope sway, it makes them over powered. I think you need to add same mechanics COD2 had to its scopes. Unless you are holding shift, it sways, and if you hold it too long, you lose your breathe and it moves more. This would add some balance to the people camping corners with snipers. If this can not be done, maybe nerf the scoped snipers and make them only one shot kill with a head shot...

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 13

No sway.

7 hours ago, Scorpinox said:

If this can not be done, maybe nerf the scoped snipers and make them only one shot kill with a head shot...

Definitely don't agree.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It will never happen because the devs are cod2/4 promod vets who enjoyed playing with no-sway sniper mods etc.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sway will never get a foot in Battalion 1944. That's for sure.

Snipers are good yes, but they can be countered easily. Each class has their pros and cons, they just needs to be played accordingly. And don't forget to choose your nades wisely too - smoke might be the better option here.

And please remember this is a thing that always will be balanced on 5v5 wartide. Not on they chaotic pub-servers.

• Downvote 2

You need to learn to bait out the shot then get him while he's rebolting. Don't just dry peak snipers. Don't keep trying to out skill everyone, out think/play them. Sway is not needed and breath holding is just tedious, if you were scoped for that long you ran out of breath in Cod2 you were most likely doing it wrong.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Adding sway won't accomplish anything people will just macro it as usual so it will make it even harder for people that know about it.

• Downvote 1

Adding sway is ok, but it add an element of randomness a lot of people don't like.  I personally think making the scope in time take longer would be a better adjustment to snipers.

On 2/4/2018 at 1:03 PM, Scorpinox said:

This is a balancing issue, right now the snipers are one shot, one kill, and with no scope sway, it makes them over powered. I think you need to add same mechanics COD2 had to its scopes. Unless you are holding shift, it sways, and if you hold it too long, you lose your breathe and it moves more. This would add some balance to the people camping corners with snipers. If this can not be done, maybe nerf the scoped snipers and make them only one shot kill with a head shot...

I disagree. I hate the random number generator feel of an artificially swaying scope or crosshair. It's a nuisance more than anything to have to fight some randomized movement pattern. There are or were plenty of other games with one shot snipers that didn't have a swaying crosshair. MoHAA snipers come to mind (they were amazingly fun), CS AWP probably the best known sniper of any competitive shooter.

As for your statements specifically, why is it a problem if someone is holding a corner with a sniper? Is that not the intention of a sniper rifle? Why should other players have the luxury of running around any corner they want without needing a 2nd thought for who might be watching it, about to shoot them? In MoHAA every good player learned how to bait out a sniper shot coming around a corner and it wasn't overpowered, you just needed to learn an additional skill to stop something from happening and stay mindful that a sniper will punish you if you are haphazardly running around the map. I have to strongly disagree with your solution to nerf snipers to make it only 1 shot kill to the head. What would be the point of a weapon with a scope on it that fires 1 bullet at a time and can only kill with a headshot if you have 15 bullets in the default gun and it too is a 1 shot headshot killer? The incentive for playing the sniper is that it's actually useful for something. If it becomes a weaker version of its unscoped bolt action self, it will be effectively meaningless and never chosen. If you nerf the regular bolt to match it they both become pointless in favor of the defaults, and half the community revolts because everyone loves the k98 unscoped.

I think it would be okay to make a mechanism where you move slightly slower while scoped in, and movement causes the scope crosshairs to become blurred much like in CS, but as it currently is I don't really see what the urgency is to change it.

I also prefer sniper rifles with breath/sway instead of the zoom out/slowing player system, hope one day there will be a server side option for them in arcade mode.

I'm sure once the mods start being released there will be sway/realistic weapon mechanics modifications for the game. Im sure it won't come from the vanilla game itself.

On ‎05‎-‎02‎-‎2018 at 3:29 AM, Sabes said:

It will never happen because the devs are cod2/4 promod vets who enjoyed playing with no-sway sniper mods etc.

I see this as the biggest problem. This game is created for only the few. I think there is a market for competition players, but I can not see this game as an online pub game and that's probably not the purpose either. The price also reflects this. Like any new game, it has an interest, but the number that plays does not reflect this, bugs or not. Unless they make 2 versions, one for arcade with a more realistic gameplay and one for competition based on promod, I see litte or no future in this game as an online multiplayer game. As a competitive game, probably, since there is a wish for this and the devs know what they are doing, but they obviously do not know casual players or they do not care.

Hope I'm wrong, because I like to see this game be successful.

By the time this game hits retail in early 2019 I'm sure it will be a decent to play once most bugs are eliminated and when the community mappers come together to make some more maps.

Edited by Sabes
  • Upvote 1

Devs:

"Added scope sway to snipers"

A lot of players:

"Added a macro to hold breath and scope at the same time, so it's essentially exactly the same as before"

Edited by Freakshow
  • Downvote 2

On 5-2-2018 at 8:55 AM, abhi said:

Sway will never get a foot in Battalion 1944. That's for sure.

Well, it can be modded in on community servers I guess :)

Not needed for me but idc about sway or not..

I really like sway, it's just another thing to master in CoD 1 without a hold breath mechanic I got good enough to shoot while moving (standing) with sway and get head shots and could do it all day long.  It is just another skill to master as others have said this feels like an AWP.  I get this is not CoD 1 or 2 so what they deiced to do I am cool with.  Seriously someone needs to make a successor to CoD 1 the best CoD of all time, UO was for a different crowd and it was a blast as well.

Edited by Mr.SelfDestruct
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hell no, sway is awful. Just learn how to smoke a snipers peeks and stop peeking him just like that. Bait out a shot and then peek while he reloads. Snipers are fine in competitive atm.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

add sway for all i care il bind my scope in to right mouse and hold breath to right mouse so it makes no difference anyway lol just like everyone did on cod 4 normal servers tbh a bit of sway doesnt matter that much anyway when your flicking onto a target only if hour holding a corber waiting for a lean peak, most of the time they jump corners sooo....