Fuzy

Battalion 1944 Menu UI Redesign ideas (** UPDATE **)

3 hours ago, nabwhoo said:

Love it man, really clean and professional.

However, you did misspell 'competitive'. :ph34r: :lol:

awwwwwwwwwaaa didn't notice that :P  :$

thank you guys !! :)

4 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

thanks guys :)

12 hours ago, Fuzy said:

awwwwwwwwwaaa didn't notice that :P  :$

thank you guys !! :)

16 hours ago, Fuzy said:

We know now lolol

The theme and color pallet is very nice and is very professional.

However, here are some suggestions:

A. I would move the stats section as a text link in the profile box which by clicking will direct you to a dedicated stats screen with more in depth information about weapons, matches, maps, clan, leaderboards etc.

B. The three lanes approach looks too crammed. I would merge the space of the middle and right lanes into a single big box with category tabs at the top as news, matches, leauges, community etc and news being the default tab instead of matches as suggested by your choice of positioning.

C. Changing the top layout when pressing the play button does look nice on a still image but I can see it causing a confusion in navigation for people. I think a stylish small dropdown menu extending from the play button will be better looking and much easier to navigate around. It might require more space between the top layout to the middle layout but you can fill it with announcement banners above the news box suggestioned above.

D. I would make the friends list a bit shorter in order to place a party bar below.

If I will have anything else in mind I will make sure to update.

Also if you can share the PSD file either publicly or privately I would very appreciate that :)

Edited by A1rstrike
  • Upvote 1

On 2/7/2018 at 11:18 AM, A1rstrike said:

The theme and color pallet is very nice and is very professional.

However, here are some suggestions:

A. I would move the stats section as a text link in the profile box which by clicking will direct you to a dedicated stats screen with more in depth information about weapons, matches, maps, clan, leaderboards etc.

B. The three lanes approach looks too crammed. I would merge the space of the middle and right lanes into a single big box with category tabs at the top as news, matches, leauges, community etc and news being the default tab instead of matches as suggested by your choice of positioning.

C. Changing the top layout when pressing the play button does look nice on a still image but I can see it causing a confusion in navigation for people. I think a stylish small dropdown menu extending from the play button will be better looking and much easier to navigate around. It might require more space between the top layout to the middle layout but you can fill it with announcement banners above the news box suggestioned above.

D. I would make the friends list a bit shorter in order to place a party bar below.

If I will have anything else in mind I will make sure to update.

Also if you can share the PSD file either publicly or privately I would very appreciate that :)

Thanks for your time and for this comment mate.

Are you able to open Sketch app files ?

Edited by Fuzy

I personally think the game needs a better UI and it hurts my heart seeing all these great ones on the forums and knowing the game has too many other problems for these UI designs to even be considered for implementation. I love this design though; keep up the great work.

• Like 1

However i think a redesigned UI is the last thing we need right now. The devs should and are working on the comp mode, bug fixes, performance increases, balances and stuff like this. A new menu UI at least for me is very very low priority.

• Like 1

very nice job.

the only thing i don't like is the right dude, it don't know he looks a bit cartoony. or idk , there is something about him that looks bad to me

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 3xP' Viruz said:

However i think a redesigned UI is the last thing we need right now. The devs should and are working on the comp mode, bug fixes, performance increases, balances and stuff like this. A new menu UI at least for me is very very low priority.

You're right, they have to work on other things such as bugs, servers, performance and etc.

Sooner or later they will have to make some UI changes and till then - there will be bunch of cool visual ideas for them to use :)

12 hours ago, Hautacam said:

very nice job.

the only thing i don't like is the right dude, it don't know he looks a bit cartoony. or idk , there is something about him that looks bad to me

The dude at the right is just a mockup. He doesn't need to appear in-game :)

There are no 3D battalion models over the internet and it's kinda hard to find something decent right now so I've played around with some battalion / ww2 soldiers pictures.

4 hours ago, Sabes said:

The guy deserves to be hired by BULKHEAD devs.

Top f**king effort!

Thanks, mate. I appreciate that a lot :):)