Just a quicky, I think it would be useful to have some kind of kill cam type feature in the game, I feel this will be useful for detecting hackers and put to rest any sketchy feeling deaths you may have, probably not the best thing to have in wartide but at least in arcade game modes it would be a nice feature.

This can also be accomplished through a spectator mode.

• Upvote 4

I think it'd be a nice feature at least in the unranked mode of Wartide, but in arcade mode I think it'd be more annoying than useful. Since it only takes something like 5 seconds to respawn, It think it'd be more jarring than useful, since you'll probably be pretty aware of how/from where you died anyways. Setting a toggle for it would be fine though, I reckon.

Hackers aside, I think that from playing so far, and given this game's sound design, you'll rarely be in a situation where you're completely unaware of where you'll be shot from. 

Greetings.

As an old CoD gamer I can say... a killcam is not just a nice feature. Its highly recommended... or even necessary! The correct setup for the respawn-timer, the killcam-time etc is easy to calculate. So no worries about that.

Additional note: Please never write again "hackers aside"! Thats like "climate change doesn't exist". Never ignore the worst thing on gaming!

( btw I found a command "skipkillcam=true", which means there alrdy is a killcam... ?)

3 minutes ago, smokingpriest said:

how about to add a death cam after a death?

Definitely needed to look back at sick shots or sus shots (hackers)  

Will keep more players honest..  But not needed in comp for ghosting purposes. 

Perhaps after match reviews.  Or play backs. 

This game needs Death-Animations on playermodels. Ragdoll only looks extremely boring imo. Being able to watch my enemies suffer horrible deaths after some sick shots just makes any schooter game more appealing ;)))

There are already quite a few discussions on this subject.

@Mods perhaps merge here: 

Edited by nabwhoo

Well, personally I'll say a big no, even if I would be perhaps the only one with this point of view.

I've never liked kill cam, I find that they kill the tactical game.

Yes... I have nothing against who didn't shot while running/jump (or campers). Sure, sometimes it's hard to find them, but I prefers discover them in game most of to know where they are trough kill cam.

I mean that the maps are well designed and they offer little 'hidden' position (or, better, position that a runner perhaps didn't see or didn't think you can climb/...). Why a tactical player must be 'spotted' for a future that is, in my humble opinion, meta-gaming?

You have already the spectator view when you are death... so an admin (or just a good/honest player) can see if someone is "strange".

Edited by [NGBC]CH_SwissWolf
oethaos = perhaps

Killcam yes but make it possible for server admins to disable it for competitive reasons, but for casual frag fest yes, bring it!

• Like 1