h0pez

Jump shots

I really cant understand why jump shots are so inaccurate.

you can pretty much shoot over the whole map while jumping in scope and will hit the shot.

I think this makes it rly unbalanced in favour of the guy who is peaking.

• Downvote 4

I think jumpshooting should be removed from the game. It looks silly and unrealistic so many people jumping and shooting when going around corners or in general. Lets keep that in games like Quake and Unreal Tournament please.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

28 minutes ago, MissTriggerHappy said:

I think jumpshooting should be removed from the game. It looks silly and unrealistic so many people jumping and shooting when going around corners or in general. Lets keep that in games like Quake and Unreal Tournament please.

but this game is based on a game built on the quake engine?

I personally like the movement and jumping but 100% accuracy while scoping and jumping to shoot over the whole map? Rly unbalanced imo

Edited by h0pez
  • Downvote 5

14 hours ago, MissTriggerHappy said:

100% agree.

Battalion recaptures the core of classic competitive shooters & refines the ‘classic’ FPS feel for the next generation... and fluid movement are key to clutching every round for your team.

^ That quote is from the Steam store of the game.

Dropshotting and jumping around corners isn't competitive, it doesn't bring back the classic FPS feel and jumping/dropshotting isn't a 'fluid movement.'

Edited by azgoodaz
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

14 hours ago, MissTriggerHappy said:

I think jumpshooting should be removed from the game. It looks silly and unrealistic 

I don't think people are playing this game to get an air of realism, pretty sure people are playing it to frag out. As it stands, jumpshooting is a really good way to facilitate this, especially when you have no other means of utility, and sprinting through the air around a corner is a really good way to get the jump on somebody who might be holding it. 

In terms of jumpshooting with snipers, I'm still getting used to it. As they mentioned in a recent patch notes update they made jumpshooting straight up and down with a sniper rifle pretty much completely accurate, but side to side it looses a lot of its accuracy. Given how potent sniper rifles are though, this makes sense. I think it's in a decent spot right now overall.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thinking the rifles need sway, and yes the jump shots are a bit ridiculous.  I know it's not a "realistic" shooter but there needs to be some balance, because everyone is resorting to them and not using anything else for most part.

• Upvote 1

On 2/3/2018 at 10:33 AM, MissTriggerHappy said:

Out of curiosity: Could you please name one good e-sport title that is realistic? 

On 2/2/2018 at 6:12 PM, h0pez said:

I really cant understand why jump shots are so inaccurate.

you can pretty much shoot over the whole map while jumping in scope and will hit the shot.

I think this makes it rly unbalanced in favour of the guy who is peaking.

???

• Upvote 1

The movement is basically CoD4 promod movement, since jumpshots were in cod4 promod, they are in battalion. I like them because they distinguish between noob players and pro players. The noobs will play Battalion like they would modern FPS games by staying on the ground and creeping around, whereas the pros will be bouncing or creeping depending on the situation, and if need be, will explode with very fast speed and kill someone.

EDIT: The current movement, in my opinion, fits the category of "easy to learn, hard to master", and "low skill floor, high skill ceiling" perfectly.

Edited by HatchetMan302

@Hatchet: That might be ur opinion. But they said they want to get back the old feeling. I play shooters for a lot of years now and I love Unreal Tournament a lot. But thats not classic.

I think jump-Movement is ok, but they have to reduce the rate. maybe a longer cooldown? Or every next jump in a fast row has a reduce. Or maybe a reduce of accuracy.

Edited by Sc4recrow

I agree 100%, Jump shots have the potential to ruin this game.

The dev's have made the claim that this is to be a skill based game. There is no skill in jump shots, that's just a whole lot of cheese right there.

There needs to be a significant accuracy penalty for jumping + fast movement.

• Downvote 1