pzt

Server setup requirementes

Hello,

Do I need how much hardware to run a crowded and lag-free server?

I'm thinking of running on a VPS with 2GB of RAM.

Since servers are limited to 10 players currently, it's hard to say. But for the 4 hours or so mine was maxed out yesterday, it used less than 1GB of RAM and CPU impact was around 3-4% at best.

1 minute ago, Craig said:

Since servers are limited to 10 players currently, it's hard to say. But for the 4 hours or so mine was maxed out yesterday, it used less than 1GB of RAM and CPU impact was around 3-4% at best.

What CPU your server got?

37 minutes ago, Craig said:

Intel Xeon E3-1245 v3

I Have Intel Xeon E3-1225 V2 and 1 server with 10 players is jumping between 1% & 25%

Edited by Spoon

1 minute ago, Spoon said:

I Have Intel Xeon E3-1225 V2 and 1 server with 10 players is jumping between 10% & 25%

That's weird. I'm currently running 3 Battalion servers and 13 CoD4 servers and an Apache2 server. Using less that 20% CPU.

1 minute ago, Craig said:

That's weird. I'm currently running 3 Battalion servers and 13 CoD4 servers and an Apache2 server. Using less that 20% CPU.

I'm only running a TS3 server and 3 Battalion Servers each server is doing the same thing when 10 players are online.

4 minutes ago, Craig said:

you Linux or Windows?

4 hours ago, Craig said:

What's your total setup? Thinking of getting a brand new server, have fiber optic connection with 30/30....

8 minutes ago, Razor said:

What's your total setup? Thinking of getting a brand new server, have fiber optic connection with 30/30....

Xeon 1245v3

32GB RAM

2x 2TB RAID

Ubuntu 17.10

1gbps

Seems to handle 4-5 of these servers with ease

What would be the best setup prize/value wise? And whats most importaint in a server setup, cpu, ram, raid, ssd??

I'd say RAM. CPU's can handle themselves relatively well when it comes to game servers, especially like this. If we get onto Battlefield levels then this might change.

But I'm currently running 14 CoD4 servers which most are populated and 5 Battalion servers which a couple are populated. And RAM is the thing most used.

Still have plenty of headroom though.