Jump to content
pzt

Server setup requirementes

Recommended Posts

Hello,

Do I need how much hardware to run a crowded and lag-free server?

I'm thinking of running on a VPS with 2GB of RAM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since servers are limited to 10 players currently, it's hard to say. But for the 4 hours or so mine was maxed out yesterday, it used less than 1GB of RAM and CPU impact was around 3-4% at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Craig said:

Since servers are limited to 10 players currently, it's hard to say. But for the 4 hours or so mine was maxed out yesterday, it used less than 1GB of RAM and CPU impact was around 3-4% at best.

What CPU your server got?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Craig said:

Intel Xeon E3-1245 v3

I Have Intel Xeon E3-1225 V2 and 1 server with 10 players is jumping between 1% & 25%

Edited by Spoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spoon said:

I Have Intel Xeon E3-1225 V2 and 1 server with 10 players is jumping between 10% & 25%

That's weird. I'm currently running 3 Battalion servers and 13 CoD4 servers and an Apache2 server. Using less that 20% CPU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Craig said:

That's weird. I'm currently running 3 Battalion servers and 13 CoD4 servers and an Apache2 server. Using less that 20% CPU.

I'm only running a TS3 server and 3 Battalion Servers each server is doing the same thing when 10 players are online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Craig said:

That's weird. I'm currently running 3 Battalion servers and 13 CoD4 servers and an Apache2 server. Using less that 20% CPU.

you Linux or Windows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Craig said:

That's weird. I'm currently running 3 Battalion servers and 13 CoD4 servers and an Apache2 server. Using less that 20% CPU.

What's your total setup? Thinking of getting a brand new server, have fiber optic connection with 30/30....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Razor said:

What's your total setup? Thinking of getting a brand new server, have fiber optic connection with 30/30....

Xeon 1245v3

32GB RAM

2x 2TB RAID

Ubuntu 17.10

1gbps

 

Seems to handle 4-5 of these servers with ease

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would be the best setup prize/value wise? And whats most importaint in a server setup, cpu, ram, raid, ssd??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say RAM. CPU's can handle themselves relatively well when it comes to game servers, especially like this. If we get onto Battlefield levels then this might change.

But I'm currently running 14 CoD4 servers which most are populated and 5 Battalion servers which a couple are populated. And RAM is the thing most used.

 

Still have plenty of headroom though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×