sauerman

UPDATE 2: Creating a Serverbrowser (outside of the game)

Very nice job there, if you could make rcon it would be great! 

BTW, my server is hosted from google and it is .de but it shows .us 

Keep it up bro ;)

Edited by devR-

On 2/3/2018 at 1:15 PM, Marrond said:

I just want "The All-Seeing Eye" - anything will be better than that laughable trash we have right now...

Yup, Gamespy was a joke, and The Allseeing Eye really helped the MOHAA community. Good to see there are other people out there who see the resemblance between this game and MOHAA/COD.

Would be great with a simple server browser.

@Freakshow npnp ;-)

@Freerider™ Jep was a huuge fan of ase back in the day :)

I am currently thinking about a way to implement a server-ping. Since the ping-protocol is not usable in the browser we need to communicate with a little script running locally on the users machine. That solution has a lot of issues but it would work.

Would you guys download and run a script to get that functionality? Later it would also be possible to implement the rcon-features on that client-side script so you dont have to expose any passwords to the web and with a biiiig maybe (if the devs impl. a feature for it) to join a server out of the serverbrowser.

Edited by sauerman

On 2/3/2018 at 7:15 AM, Marrond said:

I just want "The All-Seeing Eye" - anything will be better than that laughable trash we have right now...

Wow that brings back memories lol

@sauerman

I did short exploration for onClick connect... I don't think its possible right now :( maybe dev can tell us more
you can check steam options here https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Steam_browser_protocol (put an example on the end of page)

for the mobile support you can Feeley add me on steam I can give some tips :D even help to do it MSP - (My Steam Profile)

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
	<head>
		<meta charset="utf-8">
		<title>Test</title>
	</head>
	<body>
		<a href="steam://run/489940">489940 test app lanch</a> <br>
		<a href="steam://connect/5.135.164.137:7777"> Server connect test 5.135.164.137:7777</a> <br>
		<a href="steam://add/WeedDominator"> Add me (WeedDominator) as frend </a> (not tested)<br>
		<!-- https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Steam_browser_protocol -->
	</body>
</html>
Edited by Weed Dominator

Sauerman, so this has been created with some assistance from the devs? Any chance we can make this an open source project going forward? I'd love to contribute, as would my team (we all work as post-grad devs).

On 2/7/2018 at 10:46 AM, nabwhoo said:

Sauerman, so this has been created with some assistance from the devs? Any chance we can make this an open source project going forward? I'd love to contribute, as would my team (we all work as post-grad devs).

14 hours ago, Paulb39 said:

@nabwhoo he won't go into detail into how he did it without the OK from the devs, so I doubt he's going to open source it unfortunately.

There is no need for any assistance from the devs to build a server browser. The game itselfs provides everything needed to get the server data. There are already multiple implementations of a server browser online (e.g. this one or our b44.gg server browser).

@Weed Dominator

Yeah, steam://connect is not working atm. You have to enter query port (def. 7780) insteady of server port (def. 7777) and even after that it only launches the launcher and not the game itself. But this will come in some time in future definitelly.

@Weed DominatorThanks for the offer and your efforts, I might get back at you someday ;)

On ‎07‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 10:46 AM, nabwhoo said:

Nope no assistance from the devs (I dont think they really care about the project..). Also no plans to open source it (but you can try and convince me that I should do it ;-))

--

Also a little update: the browser is now accessible via http://browser.battalionservers.com

1 hour ago, sauerman said:

Also a little update: the browser is now accessible via http://browser.battalionservers.com

Looks and works just fine but it needs some refining and polish like the B44.gg did..

On 8.2.2018 at 3:06 PM, xitan said:

There are already multiple implementations of a server browser online (e.g. this one or our b44.gg server browser).

That just looks amazing this soon in the game and time :)

• Upvote 1