sauerman

UPDATE 2: Creating a Serverbrowser (outside of the game)

@Keks @Paulb39 Since I got a couple of PMs relating to that topic aswell ima answer this real quick. I don't think its my place to give everybody access to the "master server list", so I will not answer any questions relating to it unless the developers say it is O.K.... I think they already have a ton of work atm and I dont want to complicate things... If anybody has specific questions about stuff relating to the application itself, feel free to ask ;-)

On 2/2/2018 at 9:40 PM, Razor said:

It's possible, we had web based server browsers like that back in COD/COD2 days ;)

I just don't know how to do it yet, I make websites but didn't have time yet to check it all out :P

Yeah its possible for sure, but we would need launch parameters of the game itstelf to connect to a server "programmatically". I do not think they exist yet and I am not sure if we will ever get them :/ - Also its not possible to start an application via the browser.. Maybe with a browserplugin/extension but I dont know about that..

20 hours ago, Yan said:

This is a really good addition but i notice since i updated my servers today i can no longer find my servers in the list.

The servers are live and i have joined them just the browser no longer finds/see's them.

Has the server update perhaps changed something?

If you can't find your server in the list, it will not be in the ingame serverbrowser aswell.. I filter very few servers.. e.g. if the ip is 0.0.0.0 or empty or 127.0.0.1 or starts with 192.168. coz they shouldnt work anyways..

• Upvote 1

Adding country flag is a nice feature :)

Little bug report about it :
Don't know how are attributed the location but seems there is issue with flags. 
My server is hosted on French server but it is shown with Italian flag.

5a770d0d1ca0a_Screenshot-2018-2-4Battalion1944Servers.png.f6b94afaf51f35d25efab2ca5c5b694e.png

2 hours ago, Soldat Ryan said:

My server is hosted on French server but it is shown with Italian flag.

Is your server located close to the border? I use a 3rd-party service to get the location so I dont really have an influence on that ;)

Hey sauerman, its ok it started to show after a while.

Great tool you built, makes finding servers so much easier 8-)

30 minutes ago, sauerman said:

Is your server located close to the border? I use a 3rd-party service to get the location so I dont really have an influence on that ;)

Nop. the server is to the North of France.

@zox# you can copy the console-command to connect when u click on the ip. Ingame you can open the console (you can rebind the key in the settings) and paste the command.

• Upvote 1

Is this not working for anyone else, I tick boxes, refresh browser and it doesn't change the server list :(

Just now, Sm1t said:

Is this not working for anyone else, I tick boxes, refresh browser and it doesn't change the server list :(

What browser are you using? You should have the newest versions of firefox/chrome or IE Edge.

12 hours ago, sauerman said:

There is a new Version out :) I added the filter-by-country feature..

edit: apparently utf8 flags not working in win10 yet..

edit2: I changed from utf8-flags to svg, which breaks sorting (for now) but should work on windows aswell

Can you add a locked/unlockled filter as well as a "# of players > 0" filter?

7 hours ago, Grant said:

Can you add a locked/unlockled filter as well as a "# of players > 0" filter?

There are Filters for "full" and "empty" ;) what do you mean "locked"?

24 minutes ago, sauerman said:

There are Filters for "full" and "empty" ;) what do you mean "locked"?

I think he means password protected servers