Jump to content
sNrklhaai

You will all be happy with the price? Are you?

Recommended Posts

I wanna know is everybody happy? As an humblebundle backer i'm not so enthousiastic but maybe i didn't understand everything very well. 

Theres not much information about it so i just start my own topic for now. To get some information and wanna know the thoughts of other backers. 

So first of all we paid 65 euro's like a year ago to back this game, a lot of us couldn't back the kickstarter because it didn't accept PayPal but a lot of us have been here from the start. 

Don't get me wrong i paid 65 euros to help the game but at that point i also thought the game would cost like 50 euro in the end and for 15 euro's extra i could play the alpha and beta which sounded pretty good to me. 

In the end i accepted the game would be sold for 15 euro's as people with no so much money can easily step into this game. At some point we knew the game would be cheap and the dev said we all would be happy with the price. And i guess i read somewhere there would be some compensation in the end. 

Ok so far everything right. We accept this. Now close to release we received 3 war chests, i don't know if it's me but i didn't find much info about this. From what i've heard they have some worth because people would like to have those. Other thing i heard when I open them they are not tradeable / Sellable. Is this true? So after i open them they don't have any worth at all? I don't rly plan to sell them but it would be nice if we got something special that is actually worth something. Can someone tell me can we expect something special, and is it worth something. Or is there a (big) chance that we will get a pistol like when u roll a case from CS:GO and clearly never get something good...

So far everything ok, i must say for the above reasons I don't like that the humble bundle backers didn't receive the gold skin the kickstarter people are getting. Also the kickstarter people would get this exclusive skin from 105 euro which was clearly more than us. But now we already know that basically also the people who backed for 30 euro's received these skins and also received what we got. Correct me if im not right? 

Well i don't rly like the above but was kinda stunned that after this all, i also have to pay 12,50 extra to get an exclusive pack. Don't tell me it's a choise but as someone who believed in this game and was willing to invest to making it possible it feels kinda bad i have to pay 12,50 extra which brings the total almost to 80 euro's. 

I really think this could have been free for the people who invested time and (a lot) of money  in this game. 

Allright that was all for now. I really wanted to share my thought about this with you guys. 

Well that being said, see u tonight on the battlegrounds!

  • Upvote 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

totaly agree.

kinda feel left out in not getting anything special in return to show off we where also here testing this game from the beginning!

we payed 65€ get 3 warchest nowdays people pay 25€ get 5 warchest and exlusiv skin - ofc we had fun testing this amazing game buts pls devs give us something 2 remember the alpha :)

 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a fellow humble backer i totally agree with you. I also paid €65.. That's €50 extra for 4 alpha/beta weekends and 3 chests. If i knew this game was going to cost €15 instead of €30 me and alot of other people would have waited.. In my opinion It would be fair to give humble backers that exclusive pack for free. :)

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the time difference during alpha testing made it very difficult to get a good play in for me in Australia. Also one play test weekend game would only start when server full. Few hours of waiting around and finally we get 10 players. Upon loading for second game a 11 player shows up and Im demoted to queing on my own as no other players. Just bad luck but its a shame the cost for how little I ended up playing

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I understand as Humble "backer" we paid for supporting the game.
At least that's how it is for me, I believed in the idea behind this game and I'm happy I supported it so it could grow to what it is now or will be.
It's not that I think I bought something special with my money, I see it more as a donation to make this game possible.
I don't expect anything in return, if there is something it's fine but it doesn't have to be.
Because usually to a donation there is nothing coming back in return.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand this completely, if I'd be a humble bundle backer i'd also feel a little "let down".
But, the key you activated on early access should have said something saying :" Battalion 1944 for beta" . I'm not sure why this is, but my only hope is that this is the special version, since the keys were already sent out before they announced the FTF edition.

Again: i'm not sure, this is just what I hope for you guys... But i'm afraid that if that's not the case, there won't be anything else :( 
 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally agree with you, I had issues with KS and had to pledge on Humble Bundle, I paid 65€ because i truly wanted to support the game and i'm fine that the final price is 15€, but i'm disappointed HB backers don't get any compensation for supporting the game, 3 warchests doesn't seem a proper reward especially when the FTF edition has more warchests and even an exclusive skin.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alchemist023 said:

Yeah the time difference during alpha testing made it very difficult to get a good play in for me in Australia. Also one play test weekend game would only start when server full. Few hours of waiting around and finally we get 10 players. Upon loading for second game a 11 player shows up and Im demoted to queing on my own as no other players. Just bad luck but its a shame the cost for how little I ended up playing

Ye I can imagine. however the servers we're a lot eu based i think the times we're kinda us based. They basically had the most time imo looking at the time frames the servers we're open. I said it more than once a lot of people are online on Saturday / sundays midday/afternoons  maybe even weekdays. Because of the timezone the alpha's Always started a bit late and sometimes when there we're some problems even later. I dunno about you guys but i tend to go out on Saturday evenings and spend with my family later on Sunday evening. As an old school player I'm a bit too old for hardcore gaming in the middle of the night ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am kind of in the same boat, it feels a tiny bit unfair. Humble bundle backer here, went for the beta option (meaning the game cost me 50 euro's). The only issue I have with this is that I paid this based on the planning the developers made. Initially there would be a rather long period of the Beta, which sounded really interesting to me. I understand that because this isn't a very big developer and a lot of things needed to be done (building the entire game, getting enough money to actually be able to create the game, etc) the planning changed quite a bit. It's just that I said 'yes' to an other idea than to what it panned out to be right now. I think they realised this as well, because from 12-6-17 I was allowed to also play on Alpha dates.

I don't regret spending the money, I was and still am very excited for Battalion. Supporting the game by paying a bit more is also fine with me, as I said the biggest issue I have is that I said yes to something that turned out to be completely different (because of the planning) I think it would be a nice gesture from the developers if they would give Alpha/Beta/Kickstarter people the 'exclusive' stuff for free (the thing you need to pay 20 euro's for)

Anyways let's hope the game will be amazing. Happy fragging all!

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What i didn't know yet was that new players all buy in for 25 euro's :D ( full game + the pack) and get this extra pack and 5 warchests rofl 

I thought they had to buy the game and then for 25 extra (So 40 in total) would get the exclusive stuff. And we could pay 12,50 compared to them. But basically they pay 10 euro for the exclusive stuff and we pay 12,50 GREAT!

Edited by sNrklhaai
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think us KS and HB backers suffered by taking all the risk but got no reward. the only group that benefits is EA buyers who, because of Bulkhead's hard work, have taken zero risk at a fraction of the cost. this is not Bulkhead's fault. it's just the way that the crowd funding market is structured. we are very fortunate that we backed a very good developer who has delivered but i would never back another KS because there's no financial upside to doing it over waiting until the game releases and buying it then.  

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

i think us KS and HB backers suffered by taking all the risk but got no reward. the only group that benefits is EA buyers who, because of Bulkhead's hard work, have taken zero risk at a fraction of the cost. this is not Bulkhead's fault. it's just the way that the crowd funding market is structured. we are very fortunate that we backed a very good developer who has delivered but i would never back another KS because there's no financial upside to doing it over waiting until the game releases and buying it then.  

yeah so why not pump out a alpha and a beta skin for people who PAYED and PLAYED in the alpha and beta - seems fair 2 me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, rmpel said:

yeah so why not pump out a alpha and a beta skin for people who PAYED and PLAYED in the alpha and beta - seems fair 2 me 

Bulkhead are just as much a victim to a flawed system as we are. They have sunk their life, soul and money into this game so i don't expect them to compensate us. They are not sitting on piles of cash yet. In fact, it's probably the complete opposite at this stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

Bulkhead are just as much a victim to a flawed system as we are. They have sunk their life, soul and money into this game so i don't expect them to compensate us. They are not sitting on piles of cash yet. In fact, it's probably the complete opposite at this stage.

i don't rly understand your point. On the kickstarter people who payed 105 euro would only get these exlusive kar98 skins. Now bulkhead has chosen to give em to everyone of the kickstarter even the guys who paid much less then the 65 euros we paid. Also it is their choise to give the extra pack + full game out now for 25 euro's and don't give it to us for free. I know they didn't promise us this, but i sounds reasonable after we have to pay 12,50 to get it and new customers get it in a deal for kinda 10 euro's.

It's their decision to not grant us these things for free and reward us with the gold kar98 skins. I don't see the point rly where they are victim of the kickstarter? Because kickstarter doesn't give the people who paid less more rewards. Please correct me if i didn't understand your post completely right. I agree on the taking the risks part though.. 

They could have easily made tiers right? For example someone who paid 30 euro's get 1 warchest + skin     50 euro's 3 warchest +skin+extra maybe    65 euro's 5+warchest + exclusive skin +extra's. And include this extra package to the guys who basically paid for it in the past. They are asking for extra support with this extra pack. I think the community that backed back then already gave enough support time and moneywise. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sNrklhaai said:

i don't rly understand your point. On the kickstarter people who payed 105 euro would only get these exlusive kar98 skins. Now bulkhead has chosen to give em to everyone of the kickstarter even the guys who paid much less then the 65 euros we paid. Also it is their choise to give the extra pack + full game out now for 25 euro's and don't give it to us for free. I know they didn't promise us this, but i sounds reasonable after we have to pay 12,50 to get it and new customers get it in a deal for kinda 10 euro's.

It's their decision to not grant us these things for free and reward us with the gold kar98 skins. I don't see the point rly where they are victim of the kickstarter? Because kickstarter doesn't give the people who paid less more rewards. Please correct me if i didn't understand your post completely right. I agree on the taking the risks part though.. 

They could have easily made tiers right? For example someone who paid 30 euro's get 1 warchest + skin     50 euro's 3 warchest +skin+extra maybe    65 euro's 5+warchest + exclusive skin +extra's. And include this extra package to the guys who basically paid for it in the past. They are asking for extra support with this extra pack. I think the community that backed back then already gave enough support time and moneywise. 

as nice as skins are, i don't see them as compensation to me because i don't really care if they existed or not. that said, i will be buying some anyway to support the game. and i don't care if others got them and i didn't. my point is i don't expect to be compensated. others do and that's absolutely fine but it's none of my business. this is just my opinion and i don't expect most people to feel the same way.

i'm just glad we have what looks like a great game to play and all we have to complain about is not being compensated rather than having no game to play at all.

Edited by Farq-S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, personally I'm fine but, honestly, I didn't know the humble rewards. 

Kickstarter would have the medal in game that would say all over the world that we/you are the real first one that have give a chance to BAT44. (I didn't really care about it but I would be honoured to put them on my vest)

Someone would have the name into the credits (or the platoon name for teams).

 

 

No one had forced any of us to give money in advance for ... a project, a project that would come out and not disappear with our money.

The speech could seems philosophical or something similar; but personally in this era I prefers see that I can trust someone more than have a skin or two.

 

Just a little economical point of view: some Kickstarter have already the soundtrack... put them also into the 'First Fighter' Pack is a little error...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

as nice as skins are, i don't see them as compensation to me because i don't really care if they existed or not. that said, i will be buying some anyway to support the game. and i don't care if others got them and i didn't. my point is i don't expect to be compensated. others do and that's absolutely fine but it's none of my business. this is just my opinion and i don't expect most people to feel the same way.

i'm just glad we have what looks like a great game to play and all we have to complain about is not being compensated rather than having no game to play at all.

Hmm that's not rly the point u know. It's not rly about getting my money back or anything. I just thought  we wouldn't feel this way so close to release. What about recoqnizability, after these day we are just one of the guys (one of everyone who plays this game) with 3 war chests everyone has. The kickstarter guys will maybe get their name somewhere or have a unique dog tag and wearing their unique skin or w/e. So we are the humble bundle guys that once backed the game and helped making this game possible. Basically the stupid ones that didn't back in the kickstarter and paid to much to play this game. After these day noone will see we we're part of the greater good. U know this story is ofcourse a bit over the hill, but it describes a little how i feel.... worst thing of all the above imo is that we have to pay 12,50 extra to get an extra pack. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

Hmm that's not rly the point u know. It's not rly about getting my money back or anything. I just thought  we wouldn't feel this way so close to release. What about recoqnizability, after these day we are just one of the guys (one of everyone who plays this game) with 3 war chests everyone has. The kickstarter guys will maybe get their name somewhere or have a unique dog tag and wearing their unique skin or w/e. So we are the humble bundle guys that once backed the game and helped making this game possible. Basically the stupid ones that didn't back in the kickstarter and paid to much to play this game. After these day noone will see we we're part of the greater good. U know this story is ofcourse a bit over the hill, but it describes a little how i feel.... worst thing of all the above imo is that we have to pay 12,50 extra to get an extra pack. 

other than agreeing with you i don't really know what else you want me to say. i'm not trying to make a point, i'm just giving you my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Completely agree with everything and feel well and truly fucked by the whole ordeal. AFAIK there was to be no difference between KS and Humble at the time, it was just for the option for those that needed to pay via PayPal (The amount you paid coincided with the tier cost on their KS page). Then we get news that the game is releasing at 1/3rd of their expected RRP from initial expectations, ok no problem, can deal with that. Then find out that effectively the only benefit we've had over anyone that has been Early Access is being able to play the Alpha and be in the Alpha forums, since they decided to give out codes left right and center for their Beta. 

Now that the game is launched it's a further 10% discounted and there's a special pack that gives you ; KEY FEATURES:

  • Digital Soundtrack
  • 5 War Chests
  • Exclusive Weapon Skin

All of which we don't receive and all for 1/4 of the price we paid.....

KS backers have been fucked about, Humble Bundle backers have just been laughed about.

 

Edit: I've even seen people on twitter complaining that they purchased the console version but have been getting the PC code sent instead. Being told that it's theirs to use until console version comes out. So will we all get console keys as well>?

Edited by SGJ
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So i opened my crates i got 3 guns with a total worth of 0,20 cents on steam right now! :D

hypetraiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only paid £15 for it so haven't lost out of too much though I do feel a bit cheated. It was stated on KS that the Early Access copy was worth £30 so I bought it straight up thinking that was a bargain. The game looked very interesting and have fond memories of DoD and CoD 1 UO. Now its been priced at around £10, it kind of feels like I was lied to through the price they mentioned. Sure its a small amount but thats at least an extra 50% on top for prepurchasing with no incentive to have done so other than the deception. I guess I am happy that the game is funded and hopefully be less buggy in the future but it certainly hasn't put the devs in a good light to me.

 

 

Edited by King_Gibbon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×