Jump to content
sNrklhaai

You will all be happy with the price? Are you?

Recommended Posts

I purchased the game as soon as it was released for £15 and then they lowered it to £10. I was also cheated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its what I felt shouting when I realised I spent £5 more after being told it was worth £30 :P That being said, I sold a weapon skin for £5 so not too bad.

Edited by King_Gibbon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very new to this game,  i don't know much about the crowd funding and early stage support people have put into this game but at the very least they should get some sort of rare skins or status according to their backpackers support. 

 

As for the price of the game,  i think 15$ usd is fairly reasonable atm.  Anything over 30$ at this point will have new investors go the other way.  Imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would also like to see a skin or something valuable or some star beside our names for backer recognition....basically anything to help me justify paying 6+ times the price of this game for a handful of alpha weekends and a short beta period. keep in mind when we paid for the game we were told we would get to play the game for a long time every week until launch but the devs gave us like 3 weekends with no content then went dark gave us 1.5 months of random weekends then launched beta for a week... we paid for more than like 9 total weekends of play before ea.. so at least give us recognition in the game with a skin or tag

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel completely shafted. I was promised "Closed Beta Access" for my $50 US, and now it's released on steam as early access... What the literal heck is with that??? I never got one email letting me know that Closed BETA was open, and here's your installer. You basically just raped your community for X amount of dollars then offered what the backers got for 20% of the price... Seriously disgusted with how this panned out. On your very own website it says "ALL DLC WILL BE FREE" Yet I'm prompted with DLC that guess what... Costs money. I would expect this if I didn't back the game, but come on really?!?! We paid so much more to help get this off the ground, and it feels like personally I got shit on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya like I realize that most of what i paid was purely to support the dev of the game but like a skin even if its not trade able or a tag or some cool exclusive thing would be a nice token of appreciation i have currently paid for the humble alpha access and bought the dlc just for the skin and to continue supprting the game and then bought the Turing test to get that mp40 skin (which i still have not gotten) so as far as support i have put close to 100 dollars into this game probs more in CAD so ya i would like something for us og supporters. Keep in mind it doesn't cost battalion devs anything to give us a un-tradeable skin or some recognition for us humble backers 

Edited by HarryG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/02/2018 at 4:54 PM, Gunjax said:

If the Kickstarter was for shares in the end product then it would have real value.In many crowd funding situations there is an agreed share price/return on investment in a stepped format.

You lot are moaning about skins and really you should be getting a payout...

Gunjax

x

Well said - The Beta lasted for how long exclusively before being opened up? and wasnt even for a whole weekend - Now i havent dug the detail but having stumped up £35 to end up this out of pocket regardless of skins and chests is unnaceptable.

Given I've had to chase BigTuna twice now (second one still ongoing to receive a key to play) is not part of the issue BUT combined is leaving a significant bad taste behind.

Cannot trust any startup if its used to catapult the business with little or no reward.

Be good to hear someone from Bulkead respond.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I bought into the Kickstarter it was to enable development of a game that I saw as long overdue.  Whilst I looked forward to the rewards, and particularly that I would have access to the game, and some of the testing development phases, the real thing was that I was funding development.  I was never going to get that back in tangible rewards.  What I am seeing is the expressions of interest amongst my friends, which I had always hoped for, which might get us back to killing each other online ;)

I knew crowd sourced stuff was a risk, a gamble.  The end product might not even arrive, so many of these things fall by the wayside.  It might have been completely pants (look at the other game that was started at the same time.  As it is Battalion has taken longer to get to Early Access than the original schedule.  Am I upset, no.  Some of the rewards for the kickstarter (and no doubt humble bundle) are an incentive to encourage early funding.

As a game from an independent studio, this was never going to be an AAA title, commanding AAA game prices from the public.  Look at arguably the biggest game on Steam, PUBG, and see what that sells for in early access, and you'll know Battalion which has a much lesser awareness won't even command that pricing, yet.

I would however suggest that, depending on the early backer tier, if there is new content created for those who buy in late, such as skins, it should be available to early backers automatically.  OK perhaps we hadn't bought into that, but at such early backing days, the early access and similar rewards perhaps hadn't been thought about, so wasn't on offer.  But the goal posts moved during the development process, and that is to be expected.  If Bulkhead do need to monetise packages, then that stuff should be available to all, for additional purchase, without need to buy an unneeded game key, not just giveaway to the select newcomers.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't care about skins, rewards and all that stuff for any reasons. I backed a Kickstarter campaign I believed in for a game I saw a big potensiale for in a genera I love. So my money went to develop this game, not to perks of skins and stuff. What I am somewhat disapointed about, is the fact that people that didn't support the game in anyway other then winning a code, buying in on EA and stuff like that get much the same stuff as backers. If anything, backers chest's should contain backers only shit if you know what I mean...

As to the price going down just as we hit EA I understand, it's on sale to get ppl in, I missed lots of sales, last one on my 56" TV... Bought it for 800£, month after it was on sale for 500£ and I can't do squat about it.. I lost 300£ on that and here we cry over 5£, damn it's not even a beer where I live :P

Peace out folks :)

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Razor said:

I really don't care about skins, rewards and all that stuff for any reasons. I backed a Kickstarter campaign I believed in for a game I saw a big potensiale for in a genera I love. So my money went to develop this game, not to perks of skins and stuff. What I am somewhat disapointed about, is the fact that people that didn't support the game in anyway other then winning a code, buying in on EA and stuff like that get much the same stuff as backers. If anything, backers chest's should contain backers only shit if you know what I mean...

As to the price going down just as we hit EA I understand, it's on sale to get ppl in, I missed lots of sales, last one on my 56" TV... Bought it for 800£, month after it was on sale for 500£ and I can't do squat about it.. I lost 300£ on that and here we cry over 5£, damn it's not even a beer where I live :P

Peace out folks :)

Hey Razor/Kannon Fodder  - I understand and appreciate your comments.

I guess i was happy (and stupid) to risk - and i have to accept that. However, I wont let it rule my heart again, and eventually, we all lose out if such  things arent thought though or evaluated.

I suspect the train will roll on through regardless.

Also, I'm still waiting for my key still, which i've paid for over 12 months ago - which ofc doesn't help.(Its not in spam, trash, promos or updates).

Disappointing.

 

Edited by Clakkers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Leeper said:

I feel completely shafted. I was promised "Closed Beta Access" for my $50 US, and now it's released on steam as early access... What the literal heck is with that??? I never got one email letting me know that Closed BETA was open, and here's your installer. You basically just raped your community for X amount of dollars then offered what the backers got for 20% of the price... Seriously disgusted with how this panned out. On your very own website it says "ALL DLC WILL BE FREE" Yet I'm prompted with DLC that guess what... Costs money. I would expect this if I didn't back the game, but come on really?!?! We paid so much more to help get this off the ground, and it feels like personally I got shit on.

Not knowing about Beta was kinda your fault, it was advertised on facebook, steam, forums and emails were sent, if you didn't get it it's 99% a problem on your side. The "DLC" currently on steam is just a more expensive copy of the game if you want to support them that gives you just a few chests, which you can buy or get by playing and a skin, that's it. It's not a dlc like in any other game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep the chests available on the current Steam package is cosmetic skins.  So they don't effect gameplay.  That has been the ethos of the game from the start.  But new skins shouldn't be exclusive to those who didn't back from the outset of the game.

Beta effectively was a very very short phase, due to the changing development timescales.  But I would understand those who bought into a beta specific package whingeing on that.

Even so, those who backed the game early on should have known there were risk as to how development would go and realistically we were never going to get a financial package to match the game value.  Many Kickstarters include a reference in the game credits., does anybody even look at that s**t?  So we forked out to fund a game that may or may not be what we hope for.

The biggest problem is the apparently numerous who haven't got their game keys for early access despite their earlier pledges.  Some blame may lie with Battalion, but as a fiend has said to me, a lot rests with the user who "deluged with spam mail" (not really the case) has ignored stuff needing proper response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2018 at 11:23 AM, sNrklhaai said:

I wanna know is everybody happy? As an humblebundle backer i'm not so enthousiastic but maybe i didn't understand everything very well. 

Theres not much information about it so i just start my own topic for now. To get some information and wanna know the thoughts of other backers. 

So first of all we paid 65 euro's like a year ago to back this game, a lot of us couldn't back the kickstarter because it didn't accept PayPal but a lot of us have been here from the start. 

Don't get me wrong i paid 65 euros to help the game but at that point i also thought the game would cost like 50 euro in the end and for 15 euro's extra i could play the alpha and beta which sounded pretty good to me. 

In the end i accepted the game would be sold for 15 euro's as people with no so much money can easily step into this game. At some point we knew the game would be cheap and the dev said we all would be happy with the price. And i guess i read somewhere there would be some compensation in the end. 

Ok so far everything right. We accept this. Now close to release we received 3 war chests, i don't know if it's me but i didn't find much info about this. From what i've heard they have some worth because people would like to have those. Other thing i heard when I open them they are not tradeable / Sellable. Is this true? So after i open them they don't have any worth at all? I don't rly plan to sell them but it would be nice if we got something special that is actually worth something. Can someone tell me can we expect something special, and is it worth something. Or is there a (big) chance that we will get a pistol like when u roll a case from CS:GO and clearly never get something good...

So far everything ok, i must say for the above reasons I don't like that the humble bundle backers didn't receive the gold skin the kickstarter people are getting. Also the kickstarter people would get this exclusive skin from 105 euro which was clearly more than us. But now we already know that basically also the people who backed for 30 euro's received these skins and also received what we got. Correct me if im not right? 

Well i don't rly like the above but was kinda stunned that after this all, i also have to pay 12,50 extra to get an exclusive pack. Don't tell me it's a choise but as someone who believed in this game and was willing to invest to making it possible it feels kinda bad i have to pay 12,50 extra which brings the total almost to 80 euro's. 

I really think this could have been free for the people who invested time and (a lot) of money  in this game. 

Allright that was all for now. I really wanted to share my thought about this with you guys. 

Well that being said, see u tonight on the battlegrounds!

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for backing this up guys. I think most of us are on the same level. 

It's not about getting our money back but some recognition (in game) and/or exclusives would be nice. 

I also don't rly like that in a latest steam post they are already talking about rewards/compensations for the guys who just bought in. 

because they had some problems these days, i think we we're a lot more patient already.  And it doesn't matter we are willing to have these patience.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Clakkers said:

Hey Razor/Kannon Fodder  - I understand and appreciate your comments.

I guess i was happy (and stupid) to risk - and i have to accept that. However, I wont let it rule my heart again, and eventually, we all lose out if such  things arent thought though or evaluated.

I suspect the train will roll on through regardless.

Also, I'm still waiting for my key still, which i've paid for over 12 months ago - which ofc doesn't help.(Its not in spam, trash, promos or updates).

Disappointing.

 

Would just like to add a big Thank You to Mr BigTuna for working late into the night and sending me my key at stupidoclock time.

Your time is appreciated Alex - 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to add to this, I too feel a little hard done by. I pledged £52 on Kickstarter, so nearly triple the price of EA and a little over double the price of FTF. I don't want to come across as a cry-baby and I'm not overly fussed about skins, but to only receive 3 war chests when FTF buyers get 5 is a bit of a kick in the teeth. The Humble Bundle and KS backers helped test the game in its very early stages...

On top of that, the tier I backed is supposed to include the Original Soundtrack, which I haven't received (I guess I need to contact Bulkhead Interactive directly), but presumably the FTF buyers have received it.

Just (some) of my thoughts on the matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To add to all this I also don't give a single shit about all those CS-tier skins. However I feel shafted as to what the game was supposed to be. I paid £15 just to get another spastic CoD clone and yet it was always advertised as a spiritual successor to MoHAA, CoD 1 and 2 and even ET. This barely plays like CoD 2 let alone 1. Yes, the devs are making adjusments and I can actually adjust to what they came up with but is it fun? Is it the project that was advertised to me? No and no.

There's still hope in mods, that is as long as this game can survive that long due to all the various backlash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2018 at 6:18 PM, Zane said:

Not knowing about Beta was kinda your fault, it was advertised on facebook, steam, forums and emails were sent, if you didn't get it it's 99% a problem on your side. The "DLC" currently on steam is just a more expensive copy of the game if you want to support them that gives you just a few chests, which you can buy or get by playing and a skin, that's it. It's not a dlc like in any other game.

Actually not receiving an email invite was the issue. I do not use facebook or other social media, and rely on communication from the developers via email, as I have done most of the development stages. Which until the Early Access email had not been an issue. Being a backer for over a year on this title, and reading every update I was surprised to say the least to get a code for access on steam. I did not back the alpha, and didn't have a single complaint on not being included because i knew what I was backing.

I would like to go back to the first page for a second, where someone said something to effect of "...we're investors who aren't receiving money for our investment..." That's exactly my point. I didn't receive what was listed for backing. All I'm stating. Honestly there really should be a reward to investors on a physical level, whether it be a bundle of skins, added DLC, a pony, etc... Something of unique value for everyone's generous contribution. Hell even a steam achievement would do, at least for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Leeper said:

Actually not receiving an email invite was the issue. I do not use facebook or other social media, and rely on communication from the developers via email, as I have done most of the development stages. Which until the Early Access email had not been an issue. Being a backer for over a year on this title, and reading every update I was surprised to say the least to get a code for access on steam. I did not back the alpha, and didn't have a single complaint on not being included because i knew what I was backing.

I would like to go back to the first page for a second, where someone said something to effect of "...we're investors who aren't receiving money for our investment..." That's exactly my point. I didn't receive what was listed for backing. All I'm stating. Honestly there really should be a reward to investors on a physical level, whether it be a bundle of skins, added DLC, a pony, etc... Something of unique value for everyone's generous contribution. Hell even a steam achievement would do, at least for me.

That's the same for me, i wished we would at least get the exclusive skins for backing the game, the devs said we'll eventually be rewarded for testing the game, but they'd rather fix the game before doing that. For now I just want a good competitive game I can play with my friends for the following years, that would make my investment worth it

Edited by Zane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought the most expensive humble offering and I don’t mind. I paid to help a game and help the developers in need of money to continue producing and improving. I’m glad it’s $15 so it attracts other potential buyers to continue funding the progression of this game. 

Edited by comagnum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I am furious I paid £35 to back this and then they go and release it for £11.39. :mad: I don't even like the game in its current state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not mad, I paid to support the development of the game. Also they did ask the question if it would be okay to add skins to make the game cheaper. I feel it was the right decision because a cheaper game will have more players. I do not need extra loot boxes ect I have my K98 and my Grand skin, cant wait for the extras like the T shirt ect.  I paid extra to play the alpha and get some swag B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×