iMPALER

Colored Names / Tags

I thought about this when it was first asked way back, and figured no. Why? Because there is always some that will spam or misuse it in one way or the other.. If it could be enabled on dedicated clan servers only then ok...

• Upvote 1

In CoD2 they limited the amount of characters you could use so it didn't allow people to have insane long names with color in them. I just think it would be a nice throwback. Although I can understand those opposed. 

This has been discussed before and BigTuna clearly said a no on that. 
Maybe their thoughts changed, idk
But I'd love to see this on the server browser though. That REALLY brings back the old COD feel ;) 

Yeh, there have been several threads about this already over the past few months and my opinion has remained the same. Off by default but allow players to have the option to enable it if they wish. Keeps everyone happy. 

1 minute ago, j6k4 said:

Off by default but allow players to have the option to enable it if they wish.

No, let it be up to the server admins, not the players :P

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Razor said:

No, let it be up to the server admins, not the players :P

By that I meant enable/disable it via your own hud settings (player cfg) if a player doesn’t want that color splash in the killfeed or when they hit tab they surely would want the option to disable it and vice versa if they want it, they enable it, instead of being forced to one or the other by the game or a server. 

Personally I’m not too fussed I’m ok with either. Nor do I think it’s a hugely important feature. I just think having the option to control it makes the game just that tiny bit better overall, and would keep more people happy. Especially when there’s quite a lot of people who feel passionate about it. 

Just remembered how cool changing your hud font is in csgo :D that’s probably another topic 

Edited by j6k4

umm color is disgusting, its natural.  theres color in nature and stuff, gross.  colors make people "happy" wtf that is.  no color.  no way.

Honestly their started opinion on this is incredibly... silly. That's the nicest way to put it. The argument that it affects gameplay is total nonsense.

I would certainly like to see more colours again! Maybe it's the nostalgia but I'm firmly in the yes camp.