Sign in to follow this  
horas

A real concern for this game

EA release is only less than a week away, and NOBODY seemed to take action regarding the choppy movement, with things like :

- The side swinging like some COD4 NOMOD (thats exactly what I felt)

- Unproportioned height to distance jumping 

- Not allowing players to jump reload correctly, (happened a shit ton of times that I got stopped in the middle and something stopped me. not sure if its net-sided, or just some limit by the engine itself

- Movement in general seems TOO HEAVY in general.

- no advantage with running out with the pistol at the start of the round for a nice rush (SERIOUSLY? its the very core of Call Of Duty)

- Sprinting distance so short

- Sprinting (AND WALKING) speed with different guns seems so improperly calculated.

NOT TALKING ABOUT THE RECOIL OF THE GUNS, what is it? Halo ?

**Comes from a CoD2/CoD4 ProMod player with .. like more than 10 (ACTIVE) years in the CoD franchise, along with a couple of years in QUAKE3, and a lot of QuakeLive.

if its an oldschool FPS shooter, MAKE IT FEEL LIKE IT, dont clone movement from like... CoDWW2 (which I happen to have and have played several hours, recoil and movement almost identical..)

Edited by horas
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

1 minute ago, bilbin said:

Have you even read the patch notes? Pistol has it's own unique speed now.

ok, 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000005% of my topic solved kek

• Downvote 2

kar98k, sniper and heavy classes also received movement/speed changes, maybe if you read the patch notes you could find out.

2 minutes ago, bilbin said:

kar98k, sniper and heavy classes also received movement/speed changes, maybe if you read the patch notes you could find out.

Ok m8, its these minor "one script in the code" changes.. but what about everything else

These are opinions on how the game should change to your liking, they're not by any stretch game breaking as you're implying with your tone.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, horas said:

ok, 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000005% of my topic solved kek

Actually it's 14.28571428571429%

The game still doesn't play as discussed in the kickstarter though, it's Quake with WW2 skins, really disappointing 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, Revvin said:

Actually it's 14.28571428571429%

The game still doesn't play as discussed in the kickstarter though, it's Quake with WW2 skins, really disappointing 

Nice calc

32 minutes ago, Revvin said:

No where is it said how the game will play, all the videos and writing only speak about the game being a spiritual successor or that the developers have experience and love for the great multiplayer shooters of the past. Your math is good, but you need help with your comprehension skills.

The only thing in common with Quake is that it's an FPS, the game couldn't feel further away from Quake if it tried.

18 minutes ago, bilbin said:

No where is it said how the game will play, all the videos and writing only speak about the game being a spiritual successor or that the developers have experience and love for the great multiplayer shooters of the past. Your math is good, but you need help with your comprehension skills.

The only thing in common with Quake is that it's an FPS, the game couldn't feel further away from Quake if it tried.

You can't compare this game to Quake. Quake is on another level! 

25 minutes ago, bilbin said:

The Kickstarter video has numerous references to CoD2 and MoH and also DoD and Howard Philpott cites it a being "the most authentic, down the barrel experience of WW2" graphically the game seems to have suffered the kind of graphical downgrade we're used to seeing between E3 trailer and final release. I'm not the only one wondering where the game discussed in the kickstarter is either so rather than comprehension skills being at fault, maybe the message was not as clear as you make out. 

• Downvote 1

Referencing a game =/= direct copy

Howard Philpott also wrote:

14 hours ago, [DEV] KingHoward said:

This is not a CoD2 clone.

This is not a Cod4 clone.

This is not a CS/DoD clone.

This is Battalion 1944.

We are not going to pander to just one community - we take inspiration from ALL the great classic games and merge in needed features such as MM, rankings etc) from modern games. We aim to give a shared home to the FPS players who were abandoned by mindless modern shooter design and left behind by profit seeking publishers. We can share that beauty of the old school skill based shooters with the next generation of FPS players. I don't think any other developer is in the position to take the risk we took in developing this game. We didn't expect a huge playerbase - Thankfully 100,000 people signed up to play our beta and the future of the game is looking bright as we head into Early Access.

Regardless, thanks for trying out our game. CoD2 and promod will always be great and you can still play them with their tiny communities - but if Battalion gives you any nostalgia for the glory days of FPS - you can choose to support us or not on February 1st.

2 hours ago, horas said:

EA release is only less than a week away, and NOBODY seemed to take action regarding the choppy movement, with things like :

EA == still in beta

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, bilbin said:

Referencing a game =/= direct copy

Howard Philpott also wrote:

The references to CoD2, MoH and DoD are too many to not take notice, thats their own Kickstarter video, not some random guy on YouTube or some gaming website describing what the game is going to be like or where their game design is taking cues from. How do you explain the "the most authentic, down the barrel experience of WW2" statement? This is nothing like authentic with the bunny hopping, no scoping jumps around corners. As for the quote, surely even you can see the naivety in posting a comment made 14 hours ago in reference to the disappointment felt by a group of players to what they were told in the Kickstarter phase. 

• Downvote 1

References don't mean anything, it doesn't mean that the game is going to be like them, you really need to grasp this basic concept to understand where you are wrong. I suggest you watch the kickstarter video again and listen to the wording very carefully.

Have you played the game or read the patch notes? If you've done both of those you would know there is no bunny hopping and that air accuracy has been nerfed to curb people jumping around corners, the game isn't being fully released til 2019 Q1 so there are a lot more changes that will happen.

The group of players disappointed that are a minority in the community were not lied to, it was genius marketing to capture the hearts of 30+ year olds with nostalgia and it's not Bulkhead's fault they can't understand marketing tactics and lack fundamental English comprehension skills.

I'm not too sure what "the most authentic, down the barrel experience of WW2" means because it is a subjective opinion.

• Upvote 1

The dev's work really hard and listen to the community really well.

They did change movement and stuff like that.

If you don't like what they give you, don't buy/play the game then :)

I do like the game and movement at this moment, feels really well. But they can't make everyone happy! 

4 hours ago, horas said:

- The side swinging like some COD4 NOMOD (thats exactly what I felt)

- Unproportioned height to distance jumping 

- Not allowing players to jump reload correctly, (happened a shit ton of times that I got stopped in the middle and something stopped me. not sure if its net-sided, or just some limit by the engine itself

- Movement in general seems TOO HEAVY in general.

- no advantage with running out with the pistol at the start of the round for a nice rush (SERIOUSLY? its the very core of Call Of Duty)

- Sprinting distance so short

- Sprinting (AND WALKING) speed with different guns seems so improperly calculated.

NOT TALKING ABOUT THE RECOIL OF THE GUNS, what is it? Halo ?

**Comes from a CoD2/CoD4 ProMod player with .. like more than 10 (ACTIVE) years in the CoD franchise, along with a couple of years in QUAKE3, and a lot of QuakeLive.

if its an oldschool FPS shooter, MAKE IT FEEL LIKE IT, dont clone movement from like... CoDWW2 (which I happen to have and have played several hours, recoil and movement almost identical..)

The side swinging is called headbob and there is an option to turn it off in in the game. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bilbin said:

References don't mean anything, it doesn't mean that the game is going to be like them, you really need to grasp this basic concept to understand where you are wrong. I suggest you watch the kickstarter video again and listen to the wording very carefully.

Have you played the game or read the patch notes? If you've done both of those you would know there is no bunny hopping and that air accuracy has been nerfed to curb people jumping around corners, the game isn't being fully released til 2019 Q1 so there are a lot more changes that will happen.

The group of players disappointed that are a minority in the community were not lied to, it was genius marketing to capture the hearts of 30+ year olds with nostalgia and it's not Bulkhead's fault they can't understand marketing tactics and lack fundamental English comprehension skills.

I'm not too sure what "the most authentic, down the barrel experience of WW2" means because it is a subjective opinion.

Look up the definition of 'reference' I have played the game hence my dissatisfaction of what I've seen so far. Its like the FPS version of The Magic Roundabout - games full of Zebidee's bouncing around. I also saw the patch notes, they do give me some hope but considering the game was released with so much unrealistic movement speed I'm sceptical about the direction this game is taking as it appears to cater more for the Mountain Dew swilling twitch gamers out there and not those wanting "the most authentic, down the barrel experience of WW2" because I don't recall accounts of Allied forces bunny hopping up Omaha beach and bouncing through Carentan or accounts of Allied and German forces bouncing out from behind tree's, no-scoping the enemy in the Ardennes forest.

• Downvote 3

43 minutes ago, Revvin said:

Look up the definition of 'reference' I have played the game hence my dissatisfaction of what I've seen so far. Its like the FPS version of The Magic Roundabout - games full of Zebidee's bouncing around. I also saw the patch notes, they do give me some hope but considering the game was released with so much unrealistic movement speed I'm sceptical about the direction this game is taking as it appears to cater more for the Mountain Dew swilling twitch gamers out there and not those wanting "the most authentic, down the barrel experience of WW2" because I don't recall accounts of Allied forces bunny hopping up Omaha beach and bouncing through Carentan or accounts of Allied and German forces bouncing out from behind tree's, no-scoping the enemy in the Ardennes forest.

Please, for the love of god. First of all, bunny hopping and strafe jumping are 2 different things. Stop confusing them. Second, i can't recall any bulkhead dev ever saying that this game will be a tactical shooter or have realistic gameplay. If you're looking for realistic gameplay, you should try your luck in other games like Verdun or Red Orchestra. 

edit: Everyone, if you're trying to figure out what this game is trying to be in terms of movement, please watch old CoD4 Promod matches. That's how movement will look like in 2-3 months from now.

Edited by kazakhh
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kazakhh said:

Please, for the love of god. First of all, bunny hopping and strafe jumping are 2 different things. Stop confusing them. Second, i can't recall any bulkhead dev ever saying that this game will be a tactical shooter or have realistic gameplay. If you're looking for realistic gameplay, you should try your luck in other games like Verdun or Red Orchestra. 

edit: Everyone, if you're trying to figure out what this game is trying to be in terms of movement, please watch old CoD4 Promod matches. That's how movement will look like in 2-3 months from now.

I'm not confusing anything, I've been playing FPS games since the first Wolfenstein game and playing multiplayer long before internet gaming became the norm. I play a variety of games in the FPS genre but I'm concerned this will just die a quick death if it follows its current route down the watered down CoD clone it currently feels like. I was hoping for something with a bit slower pace based on how it was described in the Kickstarter so I'll wait and see how the next set of changes affect the gameplay.

Edited by Revvin
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Revvin said:

I'm not confusing anything, I've been playing FPS games since the first Wolfenstein game and playing multiplayer long before the internet. I play a variety of games in the FPS genre but I'm concerned this will just die a quick death if it follows its current route down the watered down CoD clone it currently feels like. I was hoping for something with a bit slower pace based on how it was described in the Kickstarter so I'll wait and see how the next set of changes affect the gameplay.

Quote me the exact words from the kickstarter which states that devs said this will be a realistic game then, then we have a case. I'm not saying i disagree with you at all, i would like the game to become just a little bit slower too. Played the beta yesterday, the snipers/kar89k look kinda fixed in terms of jumpshooting but smg's are still a pain in the ass if the enemy is jump peaking a corner, i'm dead 99% of the time if that situation occurs and i don't play with an smg too. Although i don't have any delusions, i know that this game is trying to imitate CoD4 Promod, that's what the devs intented in the first place and honestly i can say i'm pretty happy about it :)

Edited by kazakhh

@RevvinI have not played it yet but many People also say that the game is too fast and therefore does not feel like an old school shooter. I hope you are not right ....

COD2 Gamestyle was best Style ever ...

Edited by Don Camillo

@Don Camillo bro RTCW, Wolfenstein: ET and Quake are all old school shooters yet they were like 10 times more fast paced than battalion. It's a matter of personal preference, not all old school shooters were slow.

1 minute ago, kazakhh said:

Quote me the exact words from the kickstarter which states that devs said this will be a realistic game then, then we have a case. I'm not saying i disagree with you at all, i would like the game to become just a little bit slower too. Played the beta yesterday, the snipers/kar89k look kinda fixed in terms of jumpshooting but smg's are a pain in the ass if the enemy is jump peaking a corner, i'm dead 99% of the time if that situation occurs and i don't play with an smg too. Although i don't have any delusions, i know that this game is trying to imitate CoD4 Promod, that's what the devs intented in the first place and honestly i can say i'm pretty happy about it :)

Re-read the thread with my comments, then go and watch the Kickstarter video, I'm not the only one wondering where the game they described is. As it stands this is a poor mans CoD WW2.

• Downvote 6

@kazakhh you`re rigt RTCW, Wolfenstein: ET and Quake was fast too but this games didnt play a role like the mother of old School shooters cod.

I can understand what Revvin means. If Battalion1944 have a fast gamepace too then the People can play the actually COD also.

oh man, i am so excited for this game :)