cd /hentai

few issues that make the games feel clunky.

pistol is too close to you character, other guns seem fine but I feel the pistol should be at a further distance. 

the second issue is that when you jump or even drop off a small ledge it slows you down quite allot. 

when switching weapon and shooting or aiming down sight, there is quite a big delay even when you 'double switch' 

video of example: 

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 1

agreed, especially the delay when you trying to shoot after sprinting or picking up a gun is way too big, your click gets completely ignored and gun won't shoot. 

• Upvote 7

Although I don't want battalion to be a COD4 clone I would like to see the movement speed up just abit. Things like this would be great. Good comparison. 

• Upvote 1

It's hard to please the community with movement speed, it used to be pretty quick but people complained that it was too fast for them so they made it slower.
Before watching the video comparison I didn't notice how clunky it was, now I definitely will.

I do not feel the game needs to be changed to emulate these aspects of cod4/promod, I just used promod as an example of smooth movement/weapon switching and the included animations.

If they fix this small details and ''issues'' late on, this game will be more on point, i agree. =D

21 hours ago, Smut28 said:

Although I don't want battalion to be a COD4 clone I would like to see the movement speed up just abit. Things like this would be great. Good comparison. 

"cod4 clone" good movement isn't cloning cod4, its taking what was one of the best parts of cod4 into another game, this is like saying clean mouse movement shouldn't be a main priority while making battalion because call of dutys engine had great mouse movement

• Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, grizzly said:

"cod4 clone" good movement isn't cloning cod4, its taking what was one of the best parts of cod4 into another game, this is like saying clean mouse movement shouldn't be a main priority while making battalion because call of dutys engine had great mouse movement

I said I don't want battalion to be a cod clone. It's a statement, not a fact. I'm not saying battalion is COD4. Chill

• Upvote 1

Only thing I'd actually want changed is the first thing you said (aiming down sights), the rest I'd happily adapt to - not that we have a choice anyway.

Then again, we need to remember that this isn't supposed to be a WW2 version of COD4, or even a COD2 clone. As much as we love the smoothness that we were used to with our old school favourites, you can't expect developer's to mimic other games. We should embrace their own style of what they want the game to be.

Personally I'd be insulted if I made a game and people were like "nah, I want it more like this other game".

I understand where you're coming from (one thing I loved about COD2/4 was how smooth the whole game was) and I'd love to see some of those things in Battalion changed, but we should manage our expectations and first try to adapt to a new game, with different developers, different ideas and goals, and a different approach to a competitive first person shooter.

What Bulkhead have managed to achieve so far in such little time (considering how small the team is compared to other gaming developing companies in the market), they've done an incredible job. The beta has just finished, early access is soon approaching, they will be making lots of changes during the course of the early access, and I can guarantee that they'll be ironing out the game and making it as smooth as possible to play.

Edited by Jester
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1