Sneak1961

This is not the COD2 I ever new

On 1/27/2018 at 10:42 PM, [DEV] KingHoward said:

This is not a CoD2 clone.

This is not a Cod4 clone.

This is not a CS/DoD clone.

This is Battalion 1944.

We are not going to pander to just one community - we take inspiration from ALL the great classic games and merge in needed features such as MM, rankings etc) from modern games. We aim to give a shared home to the FPS players who were abandoned by mindless modern shooter design and left behind by profit seeking publishers. We can share that beauty of the old school skill based shooters with the next generation of FPS players. I don't think any other developer is in the position to take the risk we took in developing this game. We didn't expect a huge playerbase - Thankfully 100,000 people signed up to play our beta and the future of the game is looking bright as we head into Early Access.

Regardless, thanks for trying out our game. CoD2 and promod will always be great and you can still play them with their tiny communities - but if Battalion gives you any nostalgia for the glory days of FPS - you can choose to support us or not on February 1st.

so how do you explain this please

https://eu.cybergamer.com/forums/thread/586711/Battalion-1944-producer-the-COD2-community/

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Sneak1961 said:

Hi Sneaky, 

I understand that, that may have caused confusion. The fact is that, that post has been made 2 years ago. A lot has changed since, the game is out and it is what it is.
We can keep referring back to the same things over and over again but that doesn't help any of us and only leaves people with frustrations. The game is never going to be Cod 1, Cod 2, Cod 4 or any other game simply because it hasn't been created with the same game engine or the same developers. 

All we can do as community is let ourselves be heard and I am sure that the development team will take things in consideration but in the end it's their decision as to how the game will be developed in the future. Unfortunately,  you can't satisfy everybody as every person playing this game has a different feel to the game. 

Edited by TNZ

I ever knew!

Left it as long as i could! :P

On 27/01/2018 at 10:42 PM, [DEV] KingHoward said:

This is not a CoD2 clone.

This is not a Cod4 clone.

This is not a CS/DoD clone.

This is Battalion 1944.

We are not going to pander to just one community - we take inspiration from ALL the great classic games and merge in needed features such as MM, rankings etc) from modern games. We aim to give a shared home to the FPS players who were abandoned by mindless modern shooter design and left behind by profit seeking publishers. We can share that beauty of the old school skill based shooters with the next generation of FPS players. I don't think any other developer is in the position to take the risk we took in developing this game. We didn't expect a huge playerbase - Thankfully 100,000 people signed up to play our beta and the future of the game is looking bright as we head into Early Access.

Regardless, thanks for trying out our game. CoD2 and promod will always be great and you can still play them with their tiny communities - but if Battalion gives you any nostalgia for the glory days of FPS - you can choose to support us or not on February 1st.

This guy for president!

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, TNZ said:

Hi Sneaky, 

I understand that, that may have caused confusion. The fact is that, that post has been made 2 years ago. A lot has changed since, the game is out and it is what it is.
We can keep referring back to the same things over and over again but that doesn't help any of us and only leaves people with frustrations. The game is never going to be Cod 1, Cod 2, Cod 4 or any other game simply because it hasn't been created with the same game engine or the same developers. 

All we can do as community is let ourselves be heard and I am sure that the development team will take things in consideration but in the end it's their decision as to how the game will be developed in the future. Unfortunately,  you can't satisfy everybody as every person playing this game has a different feel to the game. 

dear oh dear is that the best you can up with .................nice try but when a devs makes a public statement to advertise hes game then it as to be scrutinized if its not as described 

1 hour ago, Sm1t said:

I ever knew!

Left it as long as i could! :P

This guy for president!

lol fan boy strikes again 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, Sneak1961 said:

dear oh dear is that the best you can up with .................nice try but when a devs makes a public statement to advertise hes game then it as to be scrutinized if its not as described 

Jeez, you must be really salty aren't you?

On 2018-01-27 at 7:30 PM, Sneak1961 said:

This is CoD4 or Promod remastered and we have all been duped into thinking this was going to be a remake of COD2

Well this game plays nothing like COD2 and the devs are going to loose so many customers that played and enjoyed COD2.

who wants play this terrible CoD4 Promod that was mostly played by a certain type of competitive gamer

I feel so disappointed after all the hype i played thousands of hours on cod1/2 and so did many thousands of other players and im sure the vast majority all expecting a cod2 type format  yet no we have this game that looks like cod2 but plays like the promod

I hate to say it but many many cod2 players will hate this unless there is also a cod2 style version that plays like cod2 used to

just my opinion you understand

I'm sorry you are unhappy with the game but I hate to break it to you. The intention have never been to make a WW2 game like COD2 out of the box. The intention is to make a high paced competitive esport game based on both COD2 and COD4 Promod.

And with that said they have done a great job.

Edited by abhi

It was never advertised as a remake you clearly did not do your research its inspired by cod 2 and 4promod and cs but it was always going to be its own unique esports entity and that intention was clear even a year ago so end this thread git gud at the game or keep playing cod 2 because the game was never intended to copy paste from a 13-year old game. look at all of the kick-starter videos and posts when they started this project it was just inspired by the essence of those games. Also this game plays unique to all 3 games it was inspired by as its not as fast or ridiculous as pro mod and its not as slow as cs or cod 2. In my opinion battalion is a exceptional balance right now... ya it needs work but literaly any gun can lead to massive rounds as the default guns are good the snipers are good the shotguns are a bit op same with smgs (at close range but long range its ass) and the rifles are insane as well so i feel that a bit of tweaking is needed. the only real issue besides net-issues and stuff that will be fixed is the movement is a bit clunky (scaling boxes and crouch jumping is glitchy and strafe jumping does not feel as good as cod 4 which i believe is perfectly fleshed out. As for play style yes jump peaking around corners and doing flashy plays can  be very effective but its i find most cod 2 and cs players who are naturally more angle holders seem to do well with holding sites with their play-style as well. While the quake and promod players might have an  advantage with peaking i find this can be fixed through netcode (look to reflex arena for the best example of perfect netcode as that game feels like lan up to 80 ping and is exceptionally implemented meaning all play styles passive and aggressive have there merit. Thats just the nature of the online fps beast without near perfect net code peakers advantage will be better thus favoring aggressive plays but it doesn't mean that the passive players are worse in anyway or less effective. I played scrims with all promod players and we got rekt by passive cod 2 pros and vise-versa and honestly it just feels like any playstyle or a balanced team of both types of players is the most effective way to win games. That being said if you still hate the game now keep in mind in a few months with mod support you will be able to transform the game into cod 2 (likely on cod 2 maps) if you want. or just run your own modified rule-set to fix the issues you see in the game. But in my opinion the battalion devs killed the launch (in a good way) and i look forward to them making this game even better and have enough tournaments for me to compete in and have some fun.

On 1/29/2018 at 9:23 AM, bEENZ1 said:

My opinion in short:

The game is still in very early days, so stop whining about this, that and the other. There will likely be a lot of updates to come over the next 6-10 months.

I personally loved the beta and will be buying Early Access on Thursday. I should also add I racked up over 1000 hours on Cod2 over a few years.

Additionally... It's been made pretty clear by countless sources that the game is taking inspiration from CoD2 along with numerous other games. What would be the point in "cloning" CoD2 when it still exists? Just go and play that lol. 

The sad part is, as times moved on, so did the competitive side of CoD2. Although it won't be the "CLONE" you were expecting, Batallion 1944 will give us a well-updated, similar alternative that still has all those elements we miss i.e. Tac nades, bolt action rifles which take skill, a variant of search and destroy etc. 

Be grateful the Bulkhead guys listened to the community and have worked very closely with us all to release a game I personally am extremely excited for. I may not have backed it at the time because I didn't know about it, but I would have done and would be incredibly happy to have done so.

It makes me so angry that there's a minority of people "disgruntled" because Bulkhead Interactive didn't create the game YOU were expecting. The vast majority of us are grateful for their work, supportive and are excited to see what the future holds for the game. 

So if you're so unhappy with it all due to your points made earlier in the thread, why not just go back to CoD2 and let the rest of us continue to support the game and aid in the progression of it.

Keep in mind mod support for this game means hard core players can change ttk movement and anything else to turn this game into cod 2 or an improved version with changes that cod 2 may have needed but never had supported. that is the beauty of having a dev team that's willing to let people turn their game into anything they want.  you want 30v30 servers on a huge map go for it ... you want 0g sniper fights mid air go for it ... give it a couple months till mod support and modders make this game into crazy shit

On 1/29/2018 at 10:14 AM, Marrond said:

Mod support can't come soon enough. Remove health regen, hit markers, grenade markers, adjust grenade blast radius, overhaul recoil and knockback and this is gonna be pretty good game.

this guy gets it he understands what he wants out of the game that mod support can bring

19 minutes ago, HarryG said:

this guy gets it he understands what he wants out of the game that mod support can bring

To be honest we don't know to what degree it will be modable. It wouldn't be the first time someone claimed modability and then left community with very far in between options to tinker with. Granted, you would expect proper mods support since game is made by people who have been modders themselves instead of some corporate marketing rat that drives the industry these days.

Edited by Marrond

1 minute ago, Marrond said:

To be honest we don't know to what degree it will be modable. It wouldn't be the first time someone claimed modability and then left community with very far in between options to tinker with. Granted, you would expect proper mods support since game is made by people who have been modders themselves.

From what the devs have said on twitter and interviews it seems like its gonna be as open as possible they already confirmed high server count game modes 30v30 at least it seems and map wise thats gonna be open and as for small changes like removing sprint or changing weapon balance or giving up the card system or modifying the cards that will likely all be configurable in a mod seeing as basic server settings are already really configurable.  As for core fundamental stuff like movement changes that will likely be modifiable (i would give it a 95% chance) but i would love to hear from the devs about that but only time will tell. But ya in my opinion from what i have read and heard it looks like you could turn this game into MOHAA or COD2 or very close using mods. or whatever else you may want to turn it into.

Indeed, I wanted more a CoD2 v2 but it is not the same game for sure. Anyway it seems not too bad at the moment except the JUMP JUMP JUMP...

They did a good work. I just hope they'll keep listening the "good side" of the community ;)

After a few days of testing, I have a first opinion.
The game as expected was a good approach and some things I liked individually considered quite.
Even if it is only early access and many improvements could come, I have a doubt about the game.
Why? Because you do not say where the journey should go and b) the start with regard to the feeling of COD2 has not much to do.
I belong to one of the many players that was raised and mobilised by the advertised proximity to COD2.
That is why I am disappointed like most with the same expectation overall.
Even in my environment you share this opinion and it also affects me as if this disappointment reigns with most COD2 fans.
It is pointless now to argue about what the developers had or still have to do. Much more you should try to describe the situation.
Overall, this game plays in much the same way as COD4 Promod. Only the weapon choice is the same as for COD2.
I don't even want to say that Battalion1944 has become bad. It enttäsucht people who had expected something COD2 close.  So let's just say it's not good or bad but different. It is the question you would like...
In spite of my disappointment, it makes me very happy for the moment. Unfortunately, it does not bind me as I had hoped.
It is much too similar to modern shooters in the game feeling. It is relatively fast, it plays itself like in a hardcore mode and it therefore also relatively light/casual. If someone says that you can play another current game of the established games developers then there are some comprehensible arguments for me.
I'm afraid that if you don't change Battalion1944 in the direction of COD2 that it will take off very quickly and until it is finished no big player base will have any more. One is too close to modern games from the feeling of playing.
As I said, in detail not everything is bad but for COD2 fans I lack convincing arguments which could grow and inspire the community.
All the people I'm talking to about this point to the modern feel of the game and that's why it's not different from the big titles.
By the way, I do not want to insult anyone, but to bring criticism into development. My personal hope for this title is no longer particularly great but still not quite dead
Edited by Don Camillo

On ‎06‎-‎02‎-‎2018 at 4:43 PM, abhi said:

I'm sorry you are unhappy with the game but I hate to break it to you. The intention have never been to make a WW2 game like COD2 out of the box. The intention is to make a high paced competitive esport game based on both COD2 and COD4 Promod.

If that's the case, then they have done a good job, but for old timers like me who are long done with competitive gaming and are only looking for new casual games to have some fun this game is not the solution. However, I think the game will be successful, but i would guess that the player base will be relatively small but dedicated.

On 2/6/2018 at 3:43 PM, abhi said:

Can you please tell me were it mentioned anything about the game been  pro-mod in the kickstarter ?  because all i ever saw mentioned was COD2 ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Sneak1961 said:

Can you please tell me were it mentioned anything about the game been  pro-mod in the kickstarter ?  because all i ever saw mentioned was COD2 ?

Promod! It is a name.

They didn't mention Promod no, but they did however say this:

Battalion 1944 recaptures the core of classic multiplayer shooters and propels WW2 into the next generation

Fight in real world locations such as the streets of Carentan, the forests of Bastogne and many more in our spiritual successor to the great multiplayer shooters of the past. Precise aim with your Kar98, covering fire with your M1 Garand and quick thinking with your Thompson are key to your success, all packaged into a competitive multiplayer environment. In short, Battalion 1944 is an infantry based first person shooter with an emphasis on raw skill. No grinding, no 'exosuits', just you and your skill as a player.

Already in the COD4 days looked back at COD2 for its theme since people always have had a thing for WW2. People loved the environments and simpleness in the bolt action and the non-tech stuff.  But when you on the other think about what made COD4 successful as a competitive game (more so than COD2) you had others factors like the ruleset, speed and flow, as well as support for broadcasting etc. Much of that comes from Promod, and that's why people say they "based it on Promod". But in reality it is just way to find a good ruleset and base for a interesting competitive matchplay.

It doesn't need to be professional and hardcore because it's competitive though. It's more the nature of the game and how it's balanced, game modes and maps. And that's where you are staring yourself blind on; the words and the fact it's not exactly lite vanilla COD 1 or 2. 

It is not excactly like COD4 Promod either, and thats the point. It is the combination that makes the game great.

Combination of what? Definitely not vCOD or COD2. There's no single solution that was taken from COD2's ePAM, everything is ripped off from COD4, B44 is pure promod. I can live with that, even though I hate it, but I understand people being mad, because game was advertised as COD2's successor. Unfortunately all that those two games have in common is WWII setting. Until running and bunnyhoping around corners with SMG is more efficient than having proper aim trained, this game will suck for people who didn't switch to COD4 (for the same reasons)....

Edited by craven.
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, craven. said:

Combination of what? Definitely not vCOD or COD2. There's no single solution that was taken from COD2's ePAM, everything is ripped off from COD4, B44 is pure promod. I can live with that, even though I hate it, but I understand people being mad, because game was advertised as COD2's successor. Unfortunately all that those two games have in common is WWII setting. Until running and bunnyhoping around corners with SMG is more efficient than having proper aim trained, this game will suck for people who didn't switch to COD4 (for the same reasons)....

COD2 and COD4 Promod. Read the whole text before commenting.

• Downvote 3

On 6-2-2018 at 1:32 PM, Sneak1961 said:

I never saw this post before. Really gives me the impression that they wanted to make a COD2 remake at first, but someone or something changed their minds? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Battalion 1944,  but the game turned out nothing like COD2. I can imagine people who backed the game because of this post, and didn't bother to read the entire Kickstarter project, are upset. 

• Upvote 1