Sneak1961

This is not the COD2 I ever new

I showed a video of this game to somebody today who never heard of this game before. After 1 minute of watching, the first thing he said is: this looks like CoD 2. 

I'd be careful with what you call oldschool shooters. Many people, me included, when hearing "oldschool WW2 shooter" immediately think back to MoHAA with it's lack of iron sights and not ridiculous TTK. Or even ET. This obviously isn't either of these games but just the same way what is considered skillful is also subjective. In my eyes stupidly low TTK is as far as it can be from good gameplay with skill required. That's what many people are confused about. Preferably TTK would be hightened to accomodate for those players but so far it seems Battalion is fixated on the CoD crowd and brings absolutely nothing recognizable from MoHAA.

• Upvote 1

This is supposed to be a new and unique take on competitive classic shooters. If you want CoD2 so much then find a PC or Xbox lobby; this game is not meant to serve that purpose. If you want an old-school style fps with a new economy and overall competitive system, stick around (I'm sure you'd like it if you stepped out of your current mindset).

• Downvote 1

On 28. 01. 2018. at 9:43 AM, Farq-S said:

the original post of this thread used words like duped and COD2 remake which are direct attacks on the devs reputation. both statements are far more disrespectful than anything i have said. this IS all about proof because if the devs never said Battalion was going to be a COD2 remake we shouldn't even be having this conversation. how can anyone be disappointed Battalion 1944 didn't turn out like COD2 if that was never promised by the devs? so, unless you can show proof that Battalion 1944 was supposed to be a COD2 remake your complaints are completely baseless.  

You really want that proof so hard?

Okay, there you go: https://eu.cybergamer.com/forums/thread/586711/Battalion-1944-producer-the-COD2-community/ :D

48 minutes ago, zhoma said:

You really want that proof so hard?

Okay, there you go: https://eu.cybergamer.com/forums/thread/586711/Battalion-1944-producer-the-COD2-community/ :D

i take it you're referring to the section of the article below? it doesn't amount to a promise to remake COD2 to me but i can see how it could be interpreted that way if  that article was the only piece of info you saw about the game but the Devs made similar statements about COD4 promod, Day of Defeat and Enemy Territory.

image.png.69646b28a34039c39a30aa6755c40161.png

see this forum post below;

image.thumb.png.ee62ff54d4a2951e4091994524362375.png

just read the article again and can totally see why the COD2 community thought Battalion 1944 was a COD2 remake based on this section of the article so i stand corrected.

image.png.ab87a120b6e31f2058d0f3e5e0cc4ce5.png

Edited by Farq-S

My opinion in short:

The game is still in very early days, so stop whining about this, that and the other. There will likely be a lot of updates to come over the next 6-10 months.

I personally loved the beta and will be buying Early Access on Thursday. I should also add I racked up over 1000 hours on Cod2 over a few years.

Additionally... It's been made pretty clear by countless sources that the game is taking inspiration from CoD2 along with numerous other games. What would be the point in "cloning" CoD2 when it still exists? Just go and play that lol. 

The sad part is, as times moved on, so did the competitive side of CoD2. Although it won't be the "CLONE" you were expecting, Batallion 1944 will give us a well-updated, similar alternative that still has all those elements we miss i.e. Tac nades, bolt action rifles which take skill, a variant of search and destroy etc. 

Be grateful the Bulkhead guys listened to the community and have worked very closely with us all to release a game I personally am extremely excited for. I may not have backed it at the time because I didn't know about it, but I would have done and would be incredibly happy to have done so.

It makes me so angry that there's a minority of people "disgruntled" because Bulkhead Interactive didn't create the game YOU were expecting. The vast majority of us are grateful for their work, supportive and are excited to see what the future holds for the game. 

So if you're so unhappy with it all due to your points made earlier in the thread, why not just go back to CoD2 and let the rest of us continue to support the game and aid in the progression of it.

• Upvote 4

Mod support can't come soon enough. Remove health regen, hit markers, grenade markers, adjust grenade blast radius, overhaul recoil and knockback and this is gonna be pretty good game.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 6

Woah, woah, woah, Enemy Territory movement? The beta felt nothing like ET movement. I think it was dumped there just so it could be ticked off as an inspiration off an oldschool shooter. Unless someone can point me to exactly what feels like ET movement.

• Downvote 1

To be fair I did lay in bed last night and I read through the BATT44 kickstarter page and they talk about COD2 A LOT and nothing about COD4 or even promod to be exact. I did back the game with the idea that the game was going to have a COD2 feel. I am disappointed because I really dislike the Promod movement style but time will tell and I will not downgrade a game just because I am not really into it. I am going to look at it from the outside and see how the player base feels about it, not on an individual level.

Edited by xXclusiivE
  • Like 1

I honestly feel like its the perfect balance of CoD2 with some CoD4 influences. I like the sprint stop instead of constant sprint. I feel it can be really good if handled well and the devs seem to be doing just that. 

24 minutes ago, iMPALER said:

I honestly feel like its the perfect balance of CoD2 with some CoD4 influences. I like the sprint stop instead of constant sprint. I feel it can be really good if handled well and the devs seem to be doing just that. 

For me I feel as if it is Promod with some CoD2 influences.

• Upvote 2

Just now, xXclusiivE said:

For me I feel as if it is Promod with some CoD2 influences.

I can see that too. Either way I think they are moving in the right direction for a game in Early Access. 

21 minutes ago, iMPALER said:

I can see that too. Either way I think they are moving in the right direction for a game in Early Access. 

They are at least listening to people. They are actually trying to do something about the stupidass corner jumping so maybe if enough people dislike how the game currently plays they'll do something about it. Probably wishful thinking but still.

Also I love that one manchild who downvotes my posts without offering a counterargument.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Tygrys said:

They are at least listening to people. They are actually trying to do something about the stupidass corner jumping so maybe if enough people dislike how the game currently plays they'll do something about it. Probably wishful thinking but still.

Also I love that one manchild who downvotes my posts without offering a counterargument.

You will see that in any online community sadly :(

Guns in a WW2 theme shooter SHOULDN'T FEEL LIKE LAZER GUNS FROM A F**KING STARWARS GAME!

Doesn't matter what you say on these forums its dominated by new gens that are casual skilled gamers who want everything EASY LMAO therefore wouldn't give a s**t what a fps veteran has to say even if it is for the better.

Edited by Sabes
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 27.1.2018 at 9:11 PM, exzz said:

I'm a CoD2 competitive player and im enjoying it a lot.

xD cod2 competitive player aka lan dodger :P
he is right that the game is not like cod2, the movement and everything is far behind the feeling like in cod2, but it still makes fun, in a different way :D
I'm a Cod2 comeptitive player.

• Like 1

This game has nothing to do with COD2 unfortunately, feels totally like COD4 Promod. I can adjust to that, but I expected classic gameplay (early trailers and seeing developers playing COD2, what I could've thought?). Can't see the inspiration coming from COD2 too, maybe in some spots on certain maps. Card system is bad as hell and it WON'T work. 

BTW. How come I don't have access to my own topic in alpha forum?

Edited by craven.
  • Upvote 1

On 27.1.2018 at 7:37 PM, Sneak1961 said:

remake or not my statement still stands on firm ground regarding players not liking this pro-mod

I put tons of ours into CoD1+2 and I love this game.

8 hours ago, TNB said:

I put tons of ours into CoD1+2 and I love this game.

each to their own the game is what it is but its not as advertised

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On 29.1.2018 at 6:14 PM, Marrond said:

Mod support can't come soon enough. Remove health regen, hit markers, grenade markers, adjust grenade blast radius, overhaul recoil and knockback and this is gonna be pretty good game.

True. You know... let's the normal Soldiers play their game. But let the 5% of Spec Ops play their game as well.