kazakhh

GPU to buy for Battalion 1944

Just now, Marrond said:

Given current ridiculous increases in GPU pricing I would say none... I mean seriously, just wait it through.

You're right, but we dont know when this mining crysis is going to end. So im thinking about it. 

12 minutes ago, kazakhh said:

You're right, but we dont know when this mining crysis is going to end. So im thinking about it. 

Safest way is to just wait for Volta and pre-order it at MSRP. New cards are around the corner so they don't want to produce old tech and end up sitting on it in warehouses.

On 27.1.2018 at 5:58 PM, kazakhh said:

I was wondering... If i can manage to buy a GTX 970 from ebay i guess i would be fine right? The prices are quite low (you can find one from 150-200 euros + shipping) last time i checked, what do you think? 

970 will work, I run 2xGTX970 in SLI with all on Ultra and 2560x1440 resolution on my 27". FPS is capped at 144 but with heavy action, smoke and stuff it can drop to 120 ish and go back up.. Run with a i5 6600 and 16Gb RAM :)

On 27.1.2018 at 6:01 PM, BlueSmiley said:

I have a 970 and I play at 144 fps (capped). (everything except AA on low. AA ultra)

How do it do on all Ultra?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Razor said:

How do it do on all Ultra?

I tested that yesterday so I could help the guy out some more. I thought I posted this here, but seems like I didn't. *facepalm*

Around 85-95'ish fps on Coastal (Didn't play other maps). i7-3770 & 16GB RAM.

Edited by BlueSmiley

1 hour ago, BlueSmiley said:

I tested that yesterday so I could help the guy out some more. I thought I posted this here, but seems like I didn't. *facepalm*

Around 85-95'ish fps on Coastal (Didn't play other maps). i7-3770 & 16GB RAM.

Sounds about right, my Sli setup from eBay really pays off :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Razor said:

Sounds about right, my Sli setup from eBay really pays off :)

Maybe.. Just maybe.. I should get one extra too. Hmmm! :)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BlueSmiley said:

Maybe.. Just maybe.. I should get one extra too. Hmmm! :)

It helps for sure, I run PUBG with pretty high settings (nVidia optimized) with FPS between 80-100

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scythe said:

I have an i5 3570 and a GTX 660 ti and i play with everything on LOW but still i have 200FPS.

Damn how is that even possible? I got an FX-6300 with 1050 OC and with low setting i don't even get close to 200FPS. Feels like the game works way better with Inter CPUs or is it just me?

2 hours ago, devR- said:

Damn how is that even possible? I got an FX-6300 with 1050 OC and with low setting i don't even get close to 200FPS. Feels like the game works way better with Inter CPUs or is it just me?

No idea man:D I sometimes have drops to 160 but thats not bad.. I can cap the FSP to my monitor hz which is 120..

I recently updated my old i7 860 @3.8ghz to a 8600+ (and obv new mobo and ram) and stayed with my hd9750. And I was suprised how big of a difference it made in gaming. Everybody said CPU isnt bottlenecking but it really was (or the ram or w/e for that matter). Sadly I couldnt test battalion with my old setup but I am very happy with the current state. Since you are in a pretty similar situation you should really think about it.. My GPU is running at 1080Mhz atm tho (I think stock clock was 850) and it has 3GB. So maybe the distance to your 660 is bigger than I think.

4 hours ago, devR- said:

You need a new CPU.. The problem isnt AMD, its just to slow..

@devR-   fx6300 ipc is too low, overclock to ~4.4ghz, see if it helps

@kazakhh   I think I mentioned this somewhere before, i7 920s should hit 4ghz at least I think you should be able to hit 144fps if you oc your cpu

19 hours ago, sauerman said:

I recently updated my old i7 860 @3.8ghz to a 8600+ (and obv new mobo and ram) and stayed with my hd9750. And I was suprised how big of a difference it made in gaming. Everybody said CPU isnt bottlenecking but it really was (or the ram or w/e for that matter). Sadly I couldnt test battalion with my old setup but I am very happy with the current state. Since you are in a pretty similar situation you should really think about it.. My GPU is running at 1080Mhz atm tho (I think stock clock was 850) and it has 3GB. So maybe the distance to your 660 is bigger than I think.

You need a new CPU.. The problem isnt AMD, its just to slow..

But still, i feel like the difference is huge. How is it possible to play with a gtx 660 ti and an old i5 cpu with 200 fps and i cant even reach them. 

Even my friend with ryzen 3 1200 and 1050 ti is havning fps issues and cant reach 200 fps. 

@devR- both cpus (ryzen 1200, i5 3570) are ~50% faster than the fx6300 if you believe userbenchmark.. Your GPU is fine just get a new CPU its simple like that...

@kazakhh Where are you based dude? It's worth using things like PC Part Picker to find the best prices.

I can say that I used my work laptop for the Beta which has;

I5-7300HQ

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050

It wasn't the best experience, it was pretty low fps and slightly laggy to be honest on the lowest settings, so it's probably worth aiming a little higher.

Perhaps a 1060 or even one of the Radeon RX cards. That said, I havent got the 1050Ti, that might do the trick!

@sauerman

That's what i'm talking about. My friend got a ryzen 1200 combined with a GTX 1050 Ti, and he got about 150 fps and hardly getting 200 fps by looking the sky. 

I'm just really curious how this guy with a gtx 660 gets 200 fps even on low settings. 

2 hours ago, devR- said:

I'm just really curious how this guy with a gtx 660 gets 200 fps even on low settings.

me too :D 

On 29/01/2018 at 8:31 AM, scythe said:

I have an i5 3570 and a GTX 660 ti and i play with everything on LOW but still i have 200FPS.

stable? is this in W10? what resolution? 

I'm guessing at low res you might get 200fps but it surely drops to 100s or even below? What ranges are your fps at?

11 minutes ago, j6k4 said:

me too :D 

stable? is this in W10? what resolution? 

I'm guessing at low res you might get 200fps but it surely drops to 100s or even below? What ranges are your fps at?

Im playin on 1080P everything on LOW. This is in Windows 10 yes. Sometimes my FPS drops to 130 or sth but not below that.. So thats fine by me since i have an 120hz monitor.

Hi all , i got

Cpu: Intel i5 3570

Gpu : Asus GTX 660(non TI) 2gb ddr5 directCU2 verison

Ram-Corsair xms3 1333mhz(oc1600) 4x2

SSD- kingston uv400 120gb 

OS-WIndows 7 ultimate 64bit

But i cant reach 200fps lol , i have 60 and it drops to 40-45+on start of round it drops to 15 when loading maps/players, i play all on low and resolution is 800x600.

I have:

rx 480 8gb

i5 6500

16gb ddr4 ram 2133mhz i think

all settings ultra, but AA low and foliage off.

resolution quality 200 and resolution 1080p

it does not run 200fps all the time, but it never drops under 144 i think