dr_nikif0r0s

Can be balance in this game style?

Hello to everyone, 

I m wondering about balance between weapons, not from dmg,recoil,time to kill etc optics but from "only sniper can be a star in game"  aspect. In beta i saw many times bad things from cs. One of them (for me of course) is that sniper is always far away to remain at corners  and for that reason stay alive longer and alove vs more enemies. Of course many times i saw them to kill their enemies with beautiful solo frags. My question is, can not to be sniper only the leading actor in this game or we will see everyone to play sniper all the time because this will be trend for bt1944?

uhm there are 3 sniper cards how the fk is everyone going 2 play scope then? + only on low lvl people will start with 3 sniper cards 

32 minutes ago, rmpel said:

uhm there are 3 sniper cards how the fk is everyone going 2 play scope then? + only on low lvl people will start with 3 sniper cards 

Cs sniper is 1 per team and it is also game's attraction. So here where they can be more of each team my question is that maybe it could be involve into sniper vs sniper battle.  With that thought i would like to see good balance and equal possibilities of every class to be attractive. 

19 minutes ago, dr_nikif0r0s said:

Cs sniper is 1 per team and it is also game's attraction. So here where they can be more of each team my question is that maybe it could be involve into sniper vs sniper battle.  With that thought i would like to see good balance and equal possibilities of every class to be attractive. 

How is the AWP the attraction of CSGO? 

6 minutes ago, Rooslin said:

How is the AWP the attraction of CSGO? 

Because it is usual for something which is op and impressive in use, to be trend and everyone want to learn and play with it. The point of this topic is not specific about sniper trend vs others weapons but not to be upstaged weapons and and only one weapon show. 

Just now, dr_nikif0r0s said:

Because it is usual for something which is op and impressive in use, to be trend and everyone want to learn and play with it. The point of this topic is not specific about sniper trend vs others weapons but not to be upstaged weapons and and only one weapon show. 

The AWP isn't OP in CSGO though, in lower ranks it stomps sure but that's not what the game is balanced from. In higher ranks the awp is much harder to use effectively since players actually use smokes, flashes and play properly. 

I felt the sniper in Battalion was strong but still counterable with smokes. And yes the sniper can often be the last one alive if the team isn't going for sniper vs sniper picks and instead is using utility to bypass the sniper as they should be in that scenario. 

A player with good proficiency with any of the guns will become a star of the game with their gun of choice. I feel you just don't like the snipers and have a sort of bias, I hate dying to snipers but I do think the gun is balanced especially after the air accuracy change and un-scope change.

Thank you for your opinion. Actually i do not have any problem or hate with snipers or any gunner. My point of view from post1 is  that i dont speak about weapon in game balance but ingame unbalanced trends.

15 minutes ago, dr_nikif0r0s said:

Thank you for your opinion. Actually i do not have any problem or hate with snipers or any gunner. My point of view from post1 is  that i dont speak about weapon in game balance but ingame unbalanced trends.

We don't and can't know the trends from 1 weekend beta, there needs to be more time for a meta to define. I know you say you feel the sniper is the star of the game but it's just something that a lot of people gravitate to when first trying the game because it seems cool to them. I tried sniping a few rounds and it wasn't for me even though I'm the main awper in CSGO for my group of friends. Give it some time and the unblanaced trends will level off as people start to find there weapons and style that fits them for this game. 

Edited by Rooslin
  • Upvote 3

21 hours ago, dr_nikif0r0s said:

Hello to everyone, 

I m wondering about balance between weapons, not from dmg,recoil,time to kill etc optics but from "only sniper can be a star in game"  aspect. In beta i saw many times bad things from cs. One of them (for me of course) is that sniper is always far away to remain at corners  and for that reason stay alive longer and alove vs more enemies. Of course many times i saw them to kill their enemies with beautiful solo frags. My question is, can not to be sniper only the leading actor in this game or we will see everyone to play sniper all the time because this will be trend for bt1944?

Once players have more map knowledge they will understand to avoid certain directions and spots on a map.

Sniper players should have an advantage in general, it's what why it is a specialization. As time progresses players will find ways to counter roaming snipers, and the job of the snipers on both teams will be to find the right timings and zone out crucial areas of a map, at a given time / moment in a match. 

On a side note, they did change the snipers jump and zoom accuracy, which makes it harder to get quick kills. I imagine it making a sniper class less versatile.

Edited by pronic