Sign in to follow this  
Rooslin

Esport bomb timer

This is more of a design choice and something which builds suspense for when retakes are happening.

Remove the bomb timer and use a beeping noise like csgo

the reason is it helps build suspense and having those nail biting  super close defuses, puts everyone at the edge of their seat. 

A tournament in Csgo showed the bomb timer and the rounds were much less engaging and suspenseful then without the bomb timer. 

Could just be a viewer only addition but I think it should be replaced as a whole 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, zyrEEE said:

Why? CoD have timer too.

suspense, uncertainty, excitement, curiosity

if i want to know exactly when somethings going to happen i'll pull up google maps

On 29-1-2018 at 8:56 AM, Rooslin said:

Spoilers for the E-league major so don't watch the clip if you plan on watching it and have been avoiding news on it.

This is a perfect example of the suspense of both the crowd, casters, and even the players from the bomb timer not being shown and having that super close defuse.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpineyAbstrusePuffinWOOP

There is a bar on the top of the screen though (for viewers). From a player perspective I'd hate seeing the timer removed.

• Upvote 2

On 1/25/2018 at 5:07 AM, Rooslin said:

This is more of a design choice and something which builds suspense for when retakes are happening.

the reason is it helps build suspense and having those nail biting  super close defuses, puts everyone at the edge of their seat. 

A tournament in Csgo showed the bomb timer and the rounds were much less engaging and suspenseful then without the bomb timer. 

Could just be a viewer only addition but I think it should be replaced as a whole 

Should fit with the aesthetic of the game and be a ticking clock sound such as this: 

I think that would be amazing tbh.

On 1/29/2018 at 2:42 PM, zyrEEE said:

Why? CoD have timer too.

Call of Duty 1 did NOT have a timer, the amount of nailbiting defuses I got off (or blew up in my face) is something I won't ever forget ;)

• Downvote 1

On 31. 1. 2018 at 6:44 AM, Duval said:

Call of Duty 1 did NOT have a timer, the amount of nailbiting defuses I got off (or blew up in my face) is something I won't ever forget ;)

CoD1 have timer :)

asd.png

Edited by zyrEEE

On 30-1-2018 at 10:35 PM, FrosteR said:

There is a bar on the top of the screen though (for viewers). From a player perspective I'd hate seeing the timer removed.

It’s just something you’ll have to learn to rely on the sound. Would also add something to the cardsystem as you need to take a risk.

It's not an idea

When mods arrive, us in the Tactical Realism community usually will have this in the mod.

1. No sound when planting

2. No sound when defusing

3. No clock unless you attempt or are defusing the bomb, then is shows

4. No countdown

You could hear them plant or defuse if you were 20 foot or less from the bomb.

The only way you could usually tell when someone was planting without seeing them was the A or B bomb sites icon changed.

Usually 1 minute total bomb time and 10 seconds to plant and defuse

The suspense can sometimes be well, you all know.

Chris

Edited by BrothersChris

On 25/01/2018 at 9:07 PM, Rooslin said:

I totally agree with that.

+100