zERo.pt

What's makes this game different from the rest of all the FPS out there?

I'm wondering of people opinion on what's What's the main thing that will make this game stand out from the thousands of other FPS games out there?

So for all the people that's been fortunate to play it:

What's it's biggest selling point?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Dedicated servers where admins can control most aspects of their own server. Then mod/map capabilities...

FPS have dedicated servers since ever, how's that a selling point?

I'm talking about the game and how it play's, what gameplay that it offers that makes it stand out from competition...

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, zERo.pt said:

FPS have dedicated servers since ever, how's that a selling point?

Because they don't have that any more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zERo.pt said:

CS, BF, COD, ARMA, TF, MOH, Wolfenstein, Quake, UT...

CS, yes!

BF, not any more no.

COD, not any more no.

ARMA, I dont know.

TF MOH, Wolfenstein, Quake, UT,  think so, but kind of irrelevant as it is old.

Battalion 1944 is supposed to continue where CoD4 left things. And will hopefully be way better and way more suited for competitive gameplay.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, zERo.pt said:

What? OFC they have....

CS, BF, COD, ARMA, TF, MOH, Wolfenstein, Quake, UT....

All have dedicated servers available...

well Battlefield is far from  competitive, new cods don't have dedicaded servers...

moh is from which year?

TF Quake UT? never mind....

So basically this is the first competitive shooter since years that will use dedicaded servers in this particular way and that probally will get a scene like cod 4 promod. Looking at CS this  is basically the game to play if u don't like cs so much or want to play something else. For example cs doesn't have sprint crouch etc. So gameplay is totally different.

Edited by sNrklhaai

Just now, zERo.pt said:

Insurgency, SQUAD we could go on and on...

i dont know insurgency but squad is a different type of game. doesnt fit in this game's category. 

Insurgency, SQUAD we could go on and on...

Dude, you cannot go on and on. All your games posted are not relevant to this discussion... expect for CS.

Not really promising when a game best feature is having "dedicated servers" tbh.

We didn't say that. We said that it is one of the promising features.

Other features on the top of my head:
* Community driven development
* Competitive focus
* Mods(!)

Competitive, old school feeling, more mechanics, competitive mind-set from the Developers. The game's just good in general, which fills a gap that's much needed by alot of competitive players. People are sick of CS:GO at this point, something new needs to come out. And those are just a few of the things that pops into my mind right now.

• Upvote 2

* Competitively like the good ol' days. I missed this since CSGO. Easy to learn, hard to master. I love it.

* Mod support (Sniper/Rifle only?  Hide and seek? Large scale maps? Vehicle warfare? ...?)

* Dedicated servers

* Addicting gameplay

* Settings - That weapon fov option had me like 'whaaat?'.

* A dead playerbase/ community that's reviving

* Developers - They actually listen to the community, are very open and develop things to our likings.

Just to name a few things. :)

Ok that's more liking, the gameplay feels a lot like the first COD's which is decent at best. Nothing really stands out from the general shooters of the past 20 years tbh.

Hope it thrives and evolves with the years.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, zERo.pt said:

the gameplay feels a lot like the first COD's which is decent at best

If that is really how you feel, then you are playing the wrong game mate.

12 minutes ago, zERo.pt said:

Ok that's more liking [...]

That's your opinion, sir. And that's okay. But I think you're looking on the wrong forum then. This game is probably not for you.

Edited by BlueSmiley
typo
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, damp said:

If that is really how you feel, then you are playing the wrong game mate.

I'm not playing it, just browsing the forum looking for feedback.

Main thing that makes this game stand out from the thousands of other FPS games out there would probably be that it's the only game that has kept true to its back to the roots promise.
Apart from the new Call of Duty games that are garbage and not competitively viable at all due to the lack of mod tools and dedicated servers, there are no games like this in the market.

I think the game's biggest selling point is that it involves raw skill, no perks, no grinding, no Overwatch dive comp meta etc. It's literally just you and your skill.

• Upvote 1

The selling point of this game to me is:

The way the movement feels

Plublic dedicated server files

Mod tools

Map tools

Server browser

One of the things i hate about cods match making is when you leave a game, you leave it for a reason ie hacker you go to find a new game it puts you back into the one you just left (if the devs are reading this put a check in so it doesn't put you into a game you just left or give us the option to allow joining of last game we left)

1 hour ago, Ryssk said:

Competitive, old school feeling, more mechanics, competitive mind-set from the Developers. The game's just good in general, which fills a gap that's much needed by alot of competitive players. People are sick of CS:GO at this point, something new needs to come out. And those are just a few of the things that pops into my mind right now.

WOW slow down, not sick of CS:GO but open for something fresh to live alongside it :D

Do not forget bye bye triple quadruple XP weekends, boosts, loot crates with bombs, lazer guns and all other shit you have to rank up to level 100.000 or pay shitloads of $$$ to get for even have a shot online.... 9_9

Hello to all weapons from start, only cosmetic upgrades and DLC and no advantage other then skills even though you spend 10k hours in a game :ph34r::D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zERo.pt said:

I'm not playing it, just browsing the forum looking for feedback.

If you're looking for a new MoH:AA, which is a game I loved...you'll be disappointed. Hardcore clipping/self speccing, bouncy 200m nades that bounce off of a leaf as well as low recoil hip fire only gameplay is IMO stuff that needs to be left in the past. This game is also less defensive than MoH:AA and does come with a faster pace.

What Battalion is trying to do is bring back some of the old school feels from around that era, rather than every game's mechanics. It's main inspirations as you will have gathered are CoD2 and CoD4 Promod.

You scoff at the dedi server thing that other people have mentioned but TBH a lot of FPS in the last few years release versions of dedi servers with a load of restrictions (if at all). Battalion will allow people to host their own servers and mod them via the inclusion of mod tools, which is something else that is rare with a release of an FPS in 2018.

A few months down the line, In-built competitive matchmaking, which includes regular ranked matchmaking like CS:GO and OW but there will also be Clan MMR, kind of like clanbase - your team has a ranking and you compete as a team rather than for your own individual MMR. 

In terms of what are they trying that is brand new, there will be their wartide system, which is like Obj from MoH:AA only there is a card economy that comes with a default class, which is unlimited and then there are limited numbers of each of the other classes like scope, smg, shotty etc. When you die you drop your card and the enemy or a team mate can pick it up to add it back into their respective pool of cards. It's more complex than my brief explanation but I'm sure you can look deeper if you want.

The game is looking to have (and I think it will have) a big impact on the competitive scene as well as allowing more casual players to have other familiar game modes, with no weapon restrictions that they can play.

That's a brief overview of things I can remember off the top of my head. I'm sure if you want to look any further then you're able to use a search function on here, the discord or use Google.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2