[DEV] BRAMMERTRON

Hi I'm Joe! I'm the Executive Producer on Battalion

Hey guys, I finally found some time early this morning to introduce myself more formally!

I'm Joe Brammer, I'm the Executive Producer at Bulkhead. I am primarily the business guy! But I'm also an artist, I helped make a large portion of the Battalion prototype.

I grew up playing, Call of Duty 2, BF1942, Enemy Territory at school, Counter Strike, the lot! So I'm so glad that Battalion is finally being made. I can't wait to get back to the feeling of playing those games! I'm more excited than you!

There's a lot of work for us ahead and the team and I will be very busy. However, I wanted to make sure you guys knew how to get in contact with me.

If you want to catch my attention, tweet me @Brammertron as I check my twitter often. If you have something more private you want to chat to me about or want to offer some less public support, email info@bulkheadinteractive.com it's not just a bottomless pit, myself and others check this and if you specifically ask for me, it will get to me!

I want to answer all your questions! However, I'm sure you want me to be working on Battalion too! So keep posting, keep building this community, and keep backing the kickstarter/raising your pledges!

Thanks everybody!

Joe

I'm more excited than you!

I think I need pills to suppress the thrilling feeling in my stomach. You can top that? :D

Great to see such a dedicated team. I love it how you all have large company positions (lead designer, lead programmer). If you need any of us before the alpha stage or anything else; give a yell.

EA/DICE has been ignoring the fans years now. It's one of the biggest reason why they got rid of the Battlefield UK forums (which was considered the main official BF forum at the time) was because they couldn't handle the criticism and people calling them out on bullshit.

Pretty much killed what little of the community that was left after years of abuse. It's part of the reason the games they make now are so lifeless.

Great to hear from you.

It's such a refreshing changing after the ordeal on ForumFront and sheer lack of response from EA/DICE with Battlefront.

It was the same deal on the Wofenstein 2009 website too, Hesh. It's nice to see Joe here.

An official, "BIG WELCOME!", Joe :) .

Does anyone remember the TotalBattlefield forums?! They were good fun!

We'll be as active as we can on Battalion's forums whilst also making a game at the same time! We'll be bringing on a community manager soon to help liaise between the community and the dev team directly. Then you guys will always have someone to speak to!

Does anyone remember the TotalBattlefield forums?! They were good fun!

We'll be as active as we can on Battalion's forums whilst also making a game at the same time! We'll be bringing on a community manager soon to help liaise between the community and the dev team directly. Then you guys will always have someone to speak to!

yeah community manager :-) great

We realise you are busy on the game and its great to see you here we realise you cant post every day but there was a post elsewhere about a weekly update? Maybe a shoutbox for a weekly webchat or whatever suits you guys?

But I think you need someone to funnel posts into specific threads or else you are never gonna be able to keep up with it (moderator)

The growth here is Huge which must be gratifying but creates its own problems 3500 posts in little over a week lol! I'm afraid as new guys are joining they are posting the same ideas questions over and over again!

We realise you are busy on the game and its great to see you here we realise you cant post every day but there was a post elsewhere about a weekly update? Maybe a shoutbox for a weekly webchat or whatever suits you guys?

But I think you need someone to funnel posts into specific threads or else you are never gonna be able to keep up with it (moderator)

The growth here is Huge which must be gratifying but creates its own problems 3500 posts in little over a week lol! I'm afraid as new guys are joining they are posting the same ideas questions over and over again!

yeah dogster this is true

...We'll be bringing on a community manager soon to help liaise between the community and the dev team directly. Then you guys will always have someone to speak to!

2SDkMGE.jpg

Great news, Joe, thanks for the update 8-) .

.....there was a post elsewhere about a weekly update?

Here's a link, bro:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=411

Hi Joe, I think everyone here welcomes a developer who introduces themselves in such a manner that it does come across as 'you care' about your product.

Well I for one am glad to see a game developed by the players of old, it will be very refreshing to play a game that will be back to basics, a players skill not the hours they have played to achieve the unlocks.

When you say BF1942 & ET you played in school I suddenly feel very old, in fact my daughter was 3 and my son was born 26 days before BF1942 was released :D yes I only played now and then with a newborn.

But anyway I really hope this game turns out the way you guys want it and I do hope the community come together to make it a success and it gets the credit it should deserve.

I look forward to helping this game develop and playing many hours of Alpha/Beta and becoming very active on these forums.

Good luck Joe and to the rest of the Bulkhead team.

Geoff Hurst.

Hey Joejitsu,

thanks for the presentation and welcome on the forum !!! :D lol

now, goes at work !! :twisted:

A little more seriously i tested twitter contact and i can confirm you are reactive. It is much appreciate.

;)

Ho, a personnal message : In september i stop working so if you need someone to manage french community i m free ... (joke, .... or not ) :mrgreen:

Hi Joe! Thank you for giving your time to be active on the forum.

A community manager sounds great as it really has taken off incredibly! You must all be so proud of your baby. It seems a lot of people have been waiting for this!!

Hi Joe! Thank you for giving your time to be active on the forum.

A community manager sounds great as it really has taken off incredibly! You must all be so proud of your baby. It seems a lot of people have been waiting for this!!

AMEN :D

Thanks Joe,

Good to know , you guys will be listening to the community...

Give us a fantastic product and you guys will make gaming History

Its a long time since i felt excited about a game like this

Oh, I've been asked this a few times.

I have a strange accent, I grew up in Houston, Texas but I live and my parents are from the United Kingdom. That's why I sound weird.

Conspiracy theories include..

Belgian, Dutch, Welsh, Irish, and Weirdo.

Joe.

That would be great, but dont go in the same trap as Infinity Ward with the "famous" FourZeroTwo (402) community manager ;)