Sign in to follow this  
Night7

Overall movement

First off, I love this game, can't wait for the 01.02.

Just a short feedback:

As an old highlevel competitive COD2 Player I've found the movement quite clunky. Not as smooth as in COD2 or 4. Don't really know if it's because of the engine? Any Feedback for me on this point?

I also noticed the weapon switches are quite buggy, sometimes the weapon just won't switch and sometimes I just hold the same gun in my hands again. (example: Pistol in hand, want to switch to scope, animations triggers, pistol back in hand) 

The weapon pickup is also clunky or is it just me?

Last but not least, scoping with the scope, it happened to me a few times. When I tried to scope and the animations started to trigger nothing happened. I was standing there, wide open with the scope in my hand facing 2 guys at the other site of the street shooting me with my unscoped scope in my hand (No, my mouse and everything else on my computer is just working fine)

Extra: I saw a post about the jumping shot in COD2 while scoping. Would be so glad if it would be possible to do that on this engine aswell.

These are just some minor fixes, nothing big and some ideas to make the game, at least for me as an old cod2 fanboy, even better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I've been super pumped about this game and the devs talk a lot about movement and how important it is to this game were as other shooters it's not as important. It felt very slow and clunky especially when trying to climb a set of boxes, I always felt I had to wait a considerable amount of time for the stamina to reset. 

I feel movement is more important in CSGO and in the Quake Series. Both those games have incredible movement systems which compliment their games style. I'm sure given the same amount of time those two games have had to refine their mechanics Battalion 1944 will feel great.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Rooslin said:

especially when trying to climb a set of boxes

This is where I noticed the particular lack of speed. But it could be the fact that we are adjusting to the muscle memory of a new game engine.

when you run and jump I feel the player hits the ground to hard and slows down a tiny bit too much.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mez said:

This is where I noticed the particular lack of speed. But it could be the fact that we are adjusting to the muscle memory of a new game engine.

when you run and jump I feel the player hits the ground to hard and slows down a tiny bit too much.

I also noticed, you lose a lot of health while jumping down from not too high heights. For example on derailed, when u jump from upper to lower cinema you are nearly dead.

Yeah, wish movement was more fluid. Did they even add bunny hopping? I would like to see that and maybe increase the stamina 

ps Don't know how i feel about leaning, not sure if i like it as a mechanic

• Upvote 1

On 1/23/2018 at 5:34 PM, hastur said:

Yeah, wish movement was more fluid. Did they even add bunny hopping? I would like to see that and maybe increase the stamina 

ps Don't know how i feel about leaning, not sure if i like it as a mechanic

The leaning is just fine in my opinion, same as in the old COD's. Bunny hoping is something u don't really want in this fast paced game. It was a thing in COD 1.1, so the very first version, but it got fixed for good I'd say, even though I played more than 1k + hours on 1.1 :) 

But ye, the clunky movement is like the biggest thing they need to work on, but even just like that, I still love the shit out of this game.

• Upvote 1

Completely agree, the only thing i'm really fussed about is the movement, I'm not trying to be greedy but i just thought that it would be so close to cod2/cod4.

if they ever decided to ditch sprinting i would be ok with it, as long as the strafing is like cod2/cod4.

Phantasy has stated that one of the reasons why theres so much height on the strafe right now is because there isn't that much mantling, in cod4 you could mantle so many things and in battalion that's not a thing (at least not yet)

Ah and they need to fix something else. The health is too low or the damage on drops too high. And of course close range thompson for example 2 shots you. think you have to lower the damage on close range and  as mentioned the fall damage. Unlike others I can't complain about the damage of the Kar or other rifles. But they need to balance the health damage thing on close range weapons