Revvin

Will Battalion just be a CoD clone?

As it stands with the movement speed, the height and distance players can jump and the bunny hopping around corners no-scoping then Battalion seems destined to be a poor mans Call of Duty. I had high hopes for this game when announced  but the movement speed is on par with the current futuristic CoD games just set in WW2. There seems little point in getting the era to look correct if all you are doing is creating another fast paced arena shooter. You may as well add rocket jumping  and be done with it. Please don't just emulate what CoD has become.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The promo video mentions MoH and CoD, David Jones - Lead Designer says it's something they want to play an something that doesn't exist, it does - Call of Duty WW2 and sadly this currently plays just like it but not anywhere close to being as polished which while yes it's a beta, how will you grab gamers attention if your early access title is just a clone of an already available title? There is a market for something a bit more realistic, a little slower paced, I feel thats where this game can thrive. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

13 minutes ago, Revvin said:

There is a market for something a bit more realistic, a little slower paced, I feel thats where this game can thrive. 

There were over 70K people watching Battalion streams on Twitch yesterday. I would think this style of game has a market too?

20 minutes ago, Revvin said:

The promo video mentions MoH and CoD, David Jones - Lead Designer says it's something they want to play an something that doesn't exist, it does - Call of Duty WW2 and sadly this currently plays just like it but not anywhere close to being as polished which while yes it's a beta, how will you grab gamers attention if your early access title is just a clone of an already available title? There is a market for something a bit more realistic, a little slower paced, I feel thats where this game can thrive. 

This

that I was hoping for too but its no where feel like CoD and MoH

I am glad I didn't back them during kickstart

And how many thousands more watching CoD? There will always be interest in a new game starting a beta but will that interest last? 

5 minutes ago, BlueSmiley said:

There were over 70K people watching Battalion streams on Twitch yesterday. I would think this style of game has a market too?

watching and buying the game different.

You might have 70K view doesn't mean you have 50K plus ppl going purchase EA

• Like 1

Just now, metamod said:

Indeed

14 minutes ago, metamod said:

But there's interest. That means there's a market. The developers need to learn what that market precisely is. The game isn't perfect, but it will be improved, and if that interest doesn't die in a year, there will still be that same market. There are a lot of people who don't like this game, and there are a lot of people who do. It's the same with every game. I'm confident there's a market for Battalion. People who are looking for the same thing like me are a part of it.

Edited by BlueSmiley
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, BlueSmiley said:

But there's interest. That means there's a market. The developers need to learn what that market precisely is. The game isn't perfect, but it will be improved, and if that interest doesn't die in a year, there will still be that same market. There are a lot of people who don'tlike this game, and there are a lot of people who do. It's the same with every game. I'm confident there's a big ass market for Battalion.

hmmm so PUBG has 100K plus on twitch tv view

and at this moment only 5K has purchased the game

so market is there? 

As far as improved, you guys putting too much trust on developer these days. Look games like No Man Sky, Destiny 2, PUBG they all promise but at the end comes short.

I see this game fixed minor issues but as far major issues they are going ignore it

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Revvin said:

Please don't just emulate what CoD has become.

They're not. They're emulating what CoD/MOHAA originally were, and that's what we want. Back to basics 5v5 competition. Just you, the other guy, and your rifle. Who's better?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wildcardNS said:

They're not. They're emulating what CoD/MOHAA originally were, and that's what we want. Back to basics 5v5 competition. Just you, the other guy, and your rifle. Who's better?

This is nothing like MoHAA. I also remember them mentioning ET at some point - this is absolutely nothing like it. I'm seriously reconsidering me backing them back in the day but what's done is done. I wouldn't be able to get my money back anyway.

3 minutes ago, Tygrys said:

This is nothing like MoHAA. I also remember them mentioning ET at some point - this is absolutely nothing like it. I'm seriously reconsidering me backing them back in the day but what's done is done. I wouldn't be able to get my money back anyway.

I couldn't disagree more. It has all the elements of vCoD and MOHAA that we've been missing since. It's exactly what they said it would be. Sounds like you had a very detailed vision of the game and are disappointed they didn't pull your vision out and make that instead.

There is no way you can get that exact oldschool feeling again. That time is done. But this is pretty close to CoD and MoH. 

If the game really was like CoD or MoH it would be dead in 2 months. 

I think they did a great job getting that unrealistic arena style in the game ( wich is positive ) with a unique twist. and if you we’re really expexting something else.. sorry but i think you just din’t know the motive of this game.

Beside that. The game has a bright future and it will be total different in a year from now

3 hours ago, wildcardNS said:

Sadly it is nothing like CoD1/UO or MoHAA - even CoD2 to a degree, it's CoD4 promod with WW2 skins slapped on top of it at best :/

2 hours ago, Cohawk said:

If the game really was like CoD or MoH it would be dead in 2 months. 

Quite a bold statement for a game that still has active servers over 15 years later...

I couldn't disagree more. It has all the elements of vCoD and MOHAA that we've been missing since. It's exactly what they said it would be. Sounds like you had a very detailed vision of the game and are disappointed they didn't pull your vision out and make that instead.

Not really. They were stating multiple times they were going for original CoD and MoHAA gameplay but instead we ended up with accurate ADSjumpshots and regenerative health... this is in the ballpark of CoD4 but galaxies away from what we've been told to expect.

Edited by Marrond

I played on a high level cod1/2 and I think they should lower de sprint a bit. Now u can randomly jump around a corner and unscope a waiting player. Think thats a little too random for me..

• Upvote 1

I think when the they mentioned MoH and ET they ment no unlocks and no kill streaks. From what i got from the kick starter was they always wanted to build a cod2/cod4 promod like game i mean they were playing cod2 in the kickstarter video.

Nothing  have been hide or lied  about that Battalion will have big cod2 influence. They even mention it in the first kickstarter promo video

Well, ive heard them from the begining, that  this game would have influences from Mohaaa/Sh and Cod. But the only game i see when playing battalion was cod. It was like i was playing a Cod adaptation, has a lot of cod2 and cod4 in it. 

Nothing from Moh. 

We got those crappy leans from cod, the bunny jump, the knife crap replacing the bash, the movent cod4 pro mod. etc etc

Wheres the fast pace like in moh, or the crossair, and you didnt have running, you could go arround the map without missing running, just a fast pace was needed. Only sniper had scope, the rest of the weapons were only crossair, no aim sight needed.... And the leans even exagerated, were much better than the ones implemented in battalion... And the mechanics of door opening and closing. This were mechanics that did of moh one of the best shooters ive played.

• Upvote 1

this game is perfect all i ever wished for after cod4 - when i backed this game i didnt expect anything less then we got now

thank you devs

• Upvote 1

On 1/22/2018 at 9:43 AM, scythe said:

I played on a high level cod1/2 and I think they should lower de sprint a bit. Now u can randomly jump around a corner and unscope a waiting player. Think thats a little too random for me..

i had this happen to me several times during CB, it brought back... not so fond memories 

of DoD, CoD 1/2 etc... this has to be one thing they will deal with, or i am out of the game.

i understand skill differences, sure, i am definitely not the best out there... but jumping behind 

the corner and noscoping the player while not being slowed down is just rediculous, but i 

have faith in the game studio, i have faith that they will listen to players and that the 

old school players will voice out their concerns and we will end up getting a somewhat

balanced experience.

On 22.1.2018 at 9:43 AM, scythe said:

Me too, and i actually think they should remove the whole sprint system, would be in better balance if you need to switch to pistol if you want to move faster from a point to another point and switch back to main weapon when you think you might need it and that would obviously slow you down so you couldnt be flying around with it. And also sprinting is annoying anyways, when you need to tap it every 10 meters.

edit: also it would make you really consider if you really want to pick up another higher-powered main weapon

Edited by swamppis

On 22-1-2018 at 1:14 AM, metamod said:

so market is there? 

yeah... there is no market for pubg. sure...

Naamloos.png

• Upvote 2

On 22.1.2018 at 1:14 AM, metamod said:

so market is there? 

As far as improved, you guys putting too much trust on developer these days. Look games like No Man Sky, Destiny 2, PUBG they all promise but at the end comes short.

I see this game fixed minor issues but as far major issues they are going ignore it

Look above, how do you explain 3.2 million players at peak and only 5k payed for it? Where do you get your numbers from? That's a general question for all, don't post statistics and numbers you don't have a solid source from... Will just make you post even more to explain what, where, why and more ;) 

• Upvote 2