RECON-RAT

Jumping ruins gameplay and feel.

Jumping around corners and in general while shooting ruins the feel of the game.  I can deal with less then stellar graphics if the gameplay is good, but the jumping 5 to 7 feet to the side while shooting just ruins the whole ww2 gameplay.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 10

they said they wanted the cod4 movement,well this is cod4 movement (infact cod4 strafing was more effective on pro mod then this strafing i feel like)

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, DK. said:

The jumping is fine in my opinion, it adds a way to counter campers.

and did this change COD 4 camping issue? No people still camping.

I can see thompson/mp40/stg44 and other guns doing jumping

but seriously rifle jumping makes no sense especially at the moment those rifle are OP

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Jumping and shooting, strafing around corners and shooting are part of the game. It might not be absolutely perfect yet, being in beta, but it is in the game and it will remain as a mechanic.
This game is an arcade fps, based on quick movement with emphasis on making plays (kinda like cod4 promod) fused with the card system. If you thought it was anything other than that, you must be misinformed. 

I can deal with it.  Eventhough it's way easier for experianced players. I don't expect that Battalion 1944 will be a top skill level game. It will be a mix between CS and CoD. 

One thing is for sure... it will be a competitive B series game. Maybe even a C series.... we'll see. 

But again... I can deal with it. As long as I will have fun with this title... I will play. 

Of course I would like to see this game on an A series level. But I guess this will remain a sweet dream. 

However I'm looking forward to give this game a try!

• Downvote 3

35 minutes ago, j6k4 said:

Jumping and shooting, strafing around corners and shooting are part of the game. It might not be absolutely perfect yet, being in beta, but it is in the game and it will remain as a mechanic.
This game is an arcade fps, based on quick movement with emphasis on making plays (kinda like cod4 promod) fused with the card system. If you thought it was anything other than that, you must be misinformed. 

originally the game said back to the route, I guess when they meant back to COD 4?

I would rather play series close to COD1/2.

If I want play game like this I got Doom and other arena shooter that I can do jump/kill

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, metamod said:

originally the game said back to the route, I guess when they meant back to COD 4?

Back to the roots of 5v5 fps, such as the stated games xyz, but that doesn't mean it was going to be a complete copy of a certain game. They look at what they believe made those games great and fun to play, and shape Battalion into what they want it to be. Currently you have the COD1/2 guns,  ww2 theme with COD4 movement and ttk I guess. Keep in mind the game is in the beta and it will be a much better game in 12 months time and probably slightly different too. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, j6k4 said:

Back to the roots of 5v5 fps, such as the stated games xyz, but that doesn't mean it was going to be a complete copy of a certain game. They look at what they believe made those games great and fun to play, and shape Battalion into what they want it to be. Currently you have the COD1/2 guns,  ww2 theme with COD4 movement and ttk I guess. Keep in mind the game is in the beta and it will be a much better game in 12 months time and probably slightly different too. 

i wouldn't hold my breath on that

most developers these days promise tons of things but doing oppposite.

we see that a lot like destiny 2

• Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, metamod said:

yes, that is true.
bulkhead are not like most developers though. get involved, be patient and have faith ;) 

• Upvote 1

Just now, j6k4 said:

yes, that is true.
bulkhead are not like most developers though. get involved, be patient and have faith ;) 

yeah I see in 6 months but for now no EA for me

• Downvote 1

You do know, jumpshots were a thing in COD2 aswell? You wouldn't see a top match without a crossing jumpshot to kill the Sniper holding a known angle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Movvy said:

they said they wanted the cod4 movement,well this is cod4 movement (infact cod4 strafing was more effective on pro mod then this strafing i feel like)

there needs to be more distance in the strafe

3 hours ago, metamod said:

like any of us, you're free to judge the game as you see it but it's unfair to judge the devs based on actions of other devs. especially triple A devs. that's like judging a nissan micra compared to a mercedes. makes no sense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

like any of us, you're free to judge the game as you see it but it's unfair to judge the devs based on actions of other devs. especially triple A devs. that's like judging a nissan micra compared to a mercedes. makes no sense.

hmmm PUBG is good example?

seriously there are few out there that is not triple A does same thing.

Like you said judge whatever I want, its freedom of speech

If only you’ve  seen what the devs did with all the feedback and changes from previous alpha’s, then you would see these dev’s care about the game and community.

If you don’t play in EA and don’t give feedback about the game, how can you expect the game being more to your liking? 

The dev’s work together with the community so we all can have a game we all want, only you can’t please everybody... there will be things you like and dislike, so will everybody else.

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, grizzly said:

there needs to be more distance in the strafe

Yeah, more rewarding strafes and overall smoother movement.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Xtreem said:

If only you’ve  seen what the devs did with all the feedback and changes from previous alpha’s, then you would see these dev’s care about the game and community.

If you don’t play in EA and don’t give feedback about the game, how can you expect the game being more to your liking? 

The dev’s work together with the community so we all can have a game we all want, only you can’t please everybody... there will be things you like and dislike, so will everybody else.

This.

20 hours ago, Greenfox said:

I can deal with it.  Eventhough it's way easier for experianced players. I don't expect that Battalion 1944 will be a top skill level game. It will be a mix between CS and CoD. 

One thing is for sure... it will be a competitive B series game. Maybe even a C series.... we'll see. 

But again... I can deal with it. As long as I will have fun with this title... I will play. 

Of course I would like to see this game on an A series level. But I guess this will remain a sweet dream. 

However I'm looking forward to give this game a try!

Instead of just complaining that game won't be a successful esport, could you elaborate as to why you feel this way? Thanks.

@Jben

Did I really complained? Was this the final definition of complaining? 

However... I can elaborate why I feel this way. I know CoD 4 and CoD 2 very well. I don't want to tell how many hours I have and things like that just because I don't want to be phony or something like this.

I played both games competitive. And I also played other shooter games on a competitive level and there are huge differences compared to CoD 4 & 2. Don't get me wrong when it comes to this both titles... I really loved to play them and still I do from time to time. But as a player and individual I want to grow and expanse when it comes to my personal skill and satisfaction. 

I always look for a new competition as a chance to improve myself as good and as best as I can get for my own. Motivation is an essential part of my life... in everything I do. Also in gaming.  

The thing is... I played many games which were definitely a way more demanding than CoD 2 & 4. And for me this games were a chance to improve.  I know it sounds a bit phony again.. but I like it more demanding because I know that this IS the only way to improve and it's a personal challange for myself to keep playing good in such titles. So I see a bigger & larger space to improve in such games and possibility to gain more motivation. Because what keeps me "runnin" and on "fire" is more demand.

And that's it. 

Jumping and shooting plus Auto HP is not more demanding as it is without!

Another forum user said on another topic It's about "perform thorough the entire round and not only from engagement to engagement

Im my eyes that's a 100% truth.

Well... this is my personal opinion about all that stuff.  So I don't want to encourage anyone to agree with my opinion.

• Downvote 1

Movement is fine IMO.

As for the regen, I also thought about some sort of system that punishes you for getting shot in a firefight, but not so much as to definitely make you lose the next one. Like, for the first time you engage in a battle, your HP only regens up to 75% percent. Then there's a cooldown for about 10s or so in which if you get damaged you again regain HP up to 75%, but after 10s after the first time you got damaged, your HP only regens up to 50% if your health drops again; 15s pass and if you get damaged yet again HP regens only to 25%.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Greenfox said:

@Jben

Did I really complained? Was this the final definition of complaining? 

Nahh it's not really complaining. I think in this phase of the development its good that we speak out our concerns. Basically we are trying to help this game reach the best, and we provide info for the devs that we think that make the game better or let the game last longer.

People are saying the game is perfect already, but nah that's ofcourse not true. The game is 1 year in EA what says enough about this. Theres still a lot of work to do and i hope the devs will get into all info from our community and make the best choises in the end. :) Maybe with a lot of things they can meet everyone in the middle and everyone will like the game.

Edited by sNrklhaai
  • Upvote 1