Sign in to follow this  
grizzly

Movement seems a little clunky?

I will say that this is one of the best fps games that I've played in years, but I thought that it would be a little less clunky. The strafing seems to be all height without that much distance, I think that it could use a boost. As well as that just the movement of walking around is a little bit clunky.

I know in time that these issues will be fixed but i can't be the only one thinking this right?

thanks for reading

Edited by grizzly

I find more or less clipping to be the main problem with movement. Not necessarily clipping but it's like a botchy lag spike that randomly happens n your screen just shakes

Edited by imapogostick

How long do people want strafe jumps to be? I'm genuinely curious, I didn't play promod and only played cod 2 a little.
I'd try to look at how long a strafe jump is by watching an enemy jump instead of how long I can jump. It always feels short when you try it yourself but when looking at other players it actually looks like a pretty good distance.

I was hoping for movement similar to CoD2, but as stated, the movement feels very clunky, with aiming, strafing, changing stance to be almost not worth it. I also feel that the ironsights are a bit too slow. I played almost 5000 hours of CoD2 Rifles Only, so I'm a little underwhelmed.

must say there is something not quite there yet with the movement but im adapting slowly to it. 

yeh, moving around a map is not quite satisfying yet. I'm not sure what exactly it is though, briefly I'd point out 4 reasons why I believe so:

1) sprint duration a tad too short
2) I feel as if there is a lack or responsiveness when switching between W,A,S,D moves (input delay?)
3) I feel there's a lack of acceleration and deceleration "period" for both; walking and sprinting, but mostly sprinting I thought. aka transition between walking/sprinting
4) the difference between walking speed and sprinting is very low, barely noticeable, I feel it should be higher.
At this point I feel that those 4 points are what's causing the movement to be a bit strange. 

I also agree that seeing other players around you jump seems quite high. 

Edited by j6k4
  • Upvote 1

AIMING DOWN THE SIGHT IS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOO SLOW

Changing stances bugs like hell

strafing while aiming sometimes bugs too.

I had a pretty decent movement in the CoD scene (with or without sprint) and here I find myself pretty limited when it comes to moving around the map

Couldnt agree more about the sprint period being too short, Jumping seems inaccurate and every key being pressed (MOUSE OR KEYBOARD) is followed by a great amount of latency.. like built-in input lag...

The netcoding not too good aswell.. The connection between you and the enemy and how your shots/actions/movements are being perceived by the server and sent back...just dont feel sharp and quick enough.. I dont know how one can describe this better without actually feeling it..

EDIT : Just thought about the fact that even SWITCHING YOUR WEAP to reload quicker or just switching fast to ur side arm sometimes doesnt work properly and u get stuck bcuz of the buggy switch and killed afterwards.

Edited by horas

17 hours ago, horas said:

AIMING DOWN THE SIGHT IS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOO SLOW

Changing stances bugs like hell

strafing while aiming sometimes bugs too.

I had a pretty decent movement in the CoD scene (with or without sprint) and here I find myself pretty limited when it comes to moving around the map

Couldnt agree more about the sprint period being too short, Jumping seems inaccurate and every key being pressed (MOUSE OR KEYBOARD) is followed by a great amount of latency.. like built-in input lag...

The netcoding not too good aswell.. The connection between you and the enemy and how your shots/actions/movements are being perceived by the server and sent back...just dont feel sharp and quick enough.. I dont know how one can describe this better without actually feeling it..

EDIT : Just thought about the fact that even SWITCHING YOUR WEAP to reload quicker or just switching fast to ur side arm sometimes doesnt work properly and u get stuck bcuz of the buggy switch and killed afterwards.

dont know why I cant edit my comment (the 2nd time)

What I said about the input lag after key press is not something constant, it happens once in every few minutes.. but its still...a big problem obviously.

Not being funny, but the game is still in early stages and is yet to undergo a lot of change following the beta weekend. 

Sure there are the odd few bugs etc, but give the Bulkhead guys a break. 2 years to create a game of this calibre is incredibly impressive. Give it some time and let them do their thing. The actual release on the roadmap isn't til like the end of the year. Just keep reporting bugs and adding suggestions in the relevant forum topics and I'm sure they'll be addressed as best as possible. 

Movement definitely could use a little less rigidity and personally I think stand and crouch could use a slight speed increase. Leave Sprint where it is.

Opinions, all.