Sabes

recoil

Leave recoil alone. This is a fast paced shooter and should follow the CoD2 / CoD4 recoil sets. Unless they put in the PPSH then turn that shit to 100%. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just played CoD4 yesterday, I actually focused on playing SMG. The difference in the recoil is small margin, its so small I can't agree with the initial complaint. Implementing the same play style I experienced the same feel in physics and  garnished the same results shooting. If it were tweaked....it need to be literally by the %

4 hours ago, Razor said:

No it does not....

No it's not

:P

Yes it does.

Also, yes there is going to be a console port which is why they won't change it. Anyone who thinks the recoil is fine has been crutching in low recoil games made for consoles over the last decade. This game was supposed to be the opposite of that. Major disappointment if it isn't raised.

Edited by wildcardNS
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, wildcardNS said:

Yes it does.

Also, yes there is going to be a console port which is why they won't change it. Anyone who thinks the recoil is fine has been crutching in low recoil games made for consoles over the last decade. This game was supposed to be the opposite of that. Major disappointment if it isn't raised.

No it does not ....

• Downvote 2

On 1/25/2018 at 5:07 AM, n4w said:

cod1 had heavy recoil compared to cod2/cod4/b44  and the skillgap between pros and normal players was bigger than in any of the titles.  if you have heavy (but controllable/learnable) recoil, good players will outaim noobs in every situation.  The Mp44 in cod1 for example had sick recoil but with enough muscle memory you could completely master it. Has nothing to do with RNG imo.  The feeling to land a perfect spray in a hot situation with a hard-to-control weapon is also more rewarding because you have to be good at flicking AND spraycontrol, not just the first one.

though i mean this in general. i think in battalion the high recoil as in cod1 wouldnt really work. 

Randomness, in general, is bad for competitive games. However it is also an important balancing mechanism. In the case of recoil, random recoil (generally AFTER the first bullet) is a balance mechanic in order to reward players for aiming instead of spraying. Yes, someone will jump and spray with a high recoil gun and occasionally get a lucky head shot, but the person who's truly in control of their weapon will win the vast majority of the time. This balances the game over the course of 20-30 rounds of combat.

CoD 1 and 2 are comparable in terms of gameplay, but CoD 4 is a different beast altogether. The recoil on automatic weapons in CoD2 was quite low compared to CoD1, but in CoD2 rifles where pinpoint accurate while jumping. I'd prefer to see that mechanic removed and automatic weapons somewhere between CoD 1 and 2 in terms of reliability when not in iron sights.

• Upvote 2

On 30/01/2018 at 4:09 PM, iMPALER said:

Leave recoil alone. This is a fast paced shooter and should follow the CoD2 / CoD4 recoil sets. Unless they put in the PPSH then turn that shit to 100%. 

Fast paced =/= requiring no aiming skills whatsoever. There are shooters and then there are point and click games. This was supposed to be depart from that console bullshit, not reproducing more of it.

Guns in a WW2 theme shooter SHOULDN'T FEEL LIKE LAZER GUNS FROM A F**KING STARWARS GAME!

Bet any money 75% of the people on these forums are new gen gamers who started out in s**t games like BLACKOPS 2 and Advanced Warfare yet call themselves CoD Vets lmao.

Downvote me f**kers
Peace.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

8 minutes ago, Sneak1961 said:
  On 20/01/2018 at 3:11 AM, Sabes said:

Needs to be increased on all guns by 25% at least

Heavies feel like SMGS LMAO xD

8 minutes ago, Sneak1961 said:

Agreed 100%

Exactley, why ever pick a SMG if you can pick a BAR or STG thats easier to use and has the range and damage

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Teddo said:

Exactley, why ever pick a SMG if you can pick a BAR or STG thats easier to use and has the range and damage

Thing is Teddo the smg can outgun a heavy class at medium range which shouldn't be possible so really when you think about it the BAR/STG44 needs to have both more damage and recoil creating a skill factor.

Edited by Sabes
  • Upvote 1

yh just like cod 1 and cod 2 , u had to be good and master the gun to be good with it not just aim and spray down a sight

Just now, Teddo said:

yh just like cod 1 and cod 2 , u had to be good and master the gun to be good with it not just aim and spray down a sight

correct the weapons mechanics had to be learned and mastered not just point and insta kill

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i don't mind the recoil as is, i'd rather it be consistent and low like cod4. That said i'd like the balance of fire rate and usefulness around the heavy smg classes to be better.

If you want that kind of gun recoil then jump on red orchestra 2 

I hate the reality squad.  This isn't supposed to be like the other games

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Koopa said:

If you want that kind of gun recoil then jump on red orchestra 2 

I hate the reality squad.  This isn't supposed to be like the other games

Nobody asks for realism and this entire thread has NOTHING to do with realism, what people ask for is GUNPLAY which currently is non existent. You entirely miss the point.

Edited by Marrond
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Marrond. It's not suppose to be CoD1 or CoD2 or MoHAA.  I was from that era, and you know what, I enjoy it as is.  Sniper Rifles are easier without the scope waggle of the wako kid, but hey you just role with the game

If people want to change this too much then you can have a collapse of a game from this which is not what any of us want. Yes I want it challenging and there are things I would like to see but let’s see how it plays out.

Consequently RO2 in 2011 suffered the exact same fate when they ruined the stock game.  I played enough CoD to know the issues and yes gunplay can be there with more recoil etc but it’s a fast paced game and how the Devs envisage including people who can just pick up and play. 

One thing I will say - turn off the nade marker as that is bad.

Edited by Koopa
Update

The thing is even now it is not fast paced in S&D which like or not is the competitive mode. The only instance in where it's fast is where one side stomps the another. Another thing is, if people wanted Quake they would play it - instead it's in agony and setting is least of it's concenrs.

Edited by Marrond
  • Upvote 1

I feel like if the accuracy goes down, the pace of play should too.  I personally think the sprint jump mechanic is so flawed. I also believe sprint should be taken out, and increased movespeed nerfs based on the gun you are holding to really bring back the old cod feel. Who remembers being slow AF with mp44/BAR? lol

On 1/31/2018 at 7:22 PM, Sabes said:

Thing is Teddo the smg can outgun a heavy class at medium range which shouldn't be possible so really when you think about it the BAR/STG44 needs to have both more damage and recoil creating a skill factor.

This.

17 hours ago, Koopa said:

Marrond. It's not suppose to be CoD1 or CoD2 or MoHAA.  I was from that era, and you know what, I enjoy it as is.  Sniper Rifles are easier without the scope waggle of the wako kid, but hey you just role with the game

If people want to change this too much then you can have a collapse of a game from this which is not what any of us want. Yes I want it challenging and there are things I would like to see but let’s see how it plays out.

Consequently RO2 in 2011 suffered the exact same fate when they ruined the stock game.  I played enough CoD to know the issues and yes gunplay can be there with more recoil etc but it’s a fast paced game and how the Devs envisage including people who can just pick up and play. 

One thing I will say - turn off the nade marker as that is bad.

RO2 was plagued by glitches post release and I don't feel it garnered the attention it deserved after that (not really on topic, i know..)

does anyone know if movespeed is the same regardless of weapon/class etc?

• Upvote 1

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, Marrond said:

The thing is even now it is not fast paced in S&D which like or not is the competitive mode. The only instance in where it's fast is where one side stomps the another. Another thing is, if people wanted Quake they would play it - instead it's in agony and setting is least of it's concenrs.

S&D was fast paced in CoD 1 - it took 3 minutes or so for a round, sometimes steamrolling the opposition in a huge rush. I played competitively as a Clan sniper for 4 years in CoD1 and CoD2. Still enjoyed fast paced TDM with a sniper etc.   

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 3:33 AM, Archit3kt said:

I feel like if the accuracy goes down, the pace of play should too.  I personally think the sprint jump mechanic is so flawed. I also believe sprint should be taken out, and increased movespeed nerfs based on the gun you are holding to really bring back the old cod feel. Who remembers being slow AF with mp44/BAR? lol

This.

RO2 was plagued by glitches post release and I don't feel it garnered the attention it deserved after that (not really on topic, i know..)

does anyone know if movespeed is the same regardless of weapon/class etc?

The glitches weren't the issue, as I played pre-release.  They tweaked the guns recoil etc because CoD players came on dominating.  Then it changed, and the stats were reset.  What a waste of all that gaming.  

I would say with the pace I can keep up with the Kar98 doing snap shots.  The player speeds should change whether holding a rifle or pistol and we should get rid of sprint.  It adds nothing to the game to be honest.

On 04/02/2018 at 8:26 PM, Koopa said:

S&D was fast paced in CoD 1 - it took 3 minutes or so for a round, sometimes steamrolling the opposition in a huge rush. I played competitively as a Clan sniper for 4 years in CoD1 and CoD2. Still enjoyed fast paced TDM with a sniper etc.  

And I ate my teeth on CoD:UO. If round timer is dictating the pace then by your standard CSGO is the fastest paced game with objective-based rounds in the existence at whooping 1:55 round time (+45s bomb) which clearly is not the case.

This game just doesn't feel nearly as rewarding in terms of pulling off good shots. You can do it with the sniper and the k98, maybe the garand too, but whats REALLY missing is the STG/BAR gameplay that was so heavy in CoD1/2....Both those guns are pretty trash in this game and right now gameplay is dominated by SMGs and Rifles. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, d1spatch said:

This game just doesn't feel nearly as rewarding in terms of pulling off good shots. You can do it with the sniper and the k98, maybe the garand too, but whats REALLY missing is the STG/BAR gameplay that was so heavy in CoD1/2....Both those guns are pretty trash in this game and right now gameplay is dominated by SMGs and Rifles. 

Finally someone who isn't retarded and understands my point of view