bRENNN

Competitive map picker

I don’t know if this is a thing already, but is there going to be an option to choose what maps you want to play in competitive abit like in cs?

• Upvote 2

No, we have the opinion if there is an issue with any of our competitive maps, then we need to address it and fix it. Not allow certain maps to just become stagnant because players don't practice them as much. 

Reality with CS is that it has many great maps, but they never get used because players are very afraid of change.

Bramm

• Upvote 5

Mmm, maybe then something as a `Like` and `Disliked` map so we get the map we like more than the map that we dislike?

I agree that all maps should be played within matchmaking, but i also would have some possibilities to choose the maps.

Offcourse there will be a favorite map, but the other maps will still be played. In case of CSGO the lan Competitive maps are played the most. That means that maps like office aren't played much.

• Upvote 1

I agree with @[DEV] BRAMMERTRON, or maybe at most have map pools so if a map isn't suitable or needs to be fixed it can be moved to a "backup" pool which you can choose to play. Similar to casual in CSGO .

I atleast would like to see not playing the same map over and over ^^ So after your played a map the map rotation will not choose the same map in some cases.

Edited by sNrklhaai
  • Upvote 1

Just now, sNrklhaai said:

I atleast would like to see not playing the same map over and over ^^ 

Same here, i would like to play every map i think.. but playing the same map each time without getting anothrr map would not be fun :) 

I like the idea of making it automated and random, People would be picky I feel, Just means people will be able to practice on all maps.

I have been playing Coastal like 8 times in a row, not sure if it was intentional but sure hope it'll change.

8 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

No, we have the opinion if there is an issue with any of our competitive maps, then we need to address it and fix it. Not allow certain maps to just become stagnant because players don't practice them as much. 

Reality with CS is that it has many great maps, but they never get used because players are very afraid of change.

Bramm

Good choice.
I would add that lot of CSGO players tend to play few maps to improve their chances of increasing their rank. A good player must know how to play on all maps.

6 hours ago, mau said:

I have been playing Coastal like 8 times in a row, not sure if it was intentional but sure hope it'll change.

It could be nice to fake the random so that the map that players in the lobby have recently played have less chance of being randomly picked, to avoid such thing ^^