ReadyForWar

Sniper rifles should not beat AR/SMG in close range

4 minutes ago, GRiM said:

There is luck involved (as with everything) but is it still called luck if someone is able to consistently do it because he practices sniper 8h a day? I dont think so.  For me that is called mastery of the gun and this kind of change would actualy take away from the skill in the game and nerf sniper and rifles really hard. If you hit a guy on torso/pelvis/head w/e you deserve a kill imo.

You are right, but I don't like how snipers kill in one hit in close range. I think it's bullshit and should require two hits. I've been typing this the entire thread and it's like no one is paying attention to it. This isn't just about luck, it's the fact that people feel comfortable using a sniper rifle to rush because they know if it lands on target it will be a one hit kill. No sniper rifle should kill in one shot in close range.

I will use an example from a video posted here earlier. Just look at how easy the person in the first clip is getting kills with a sniper rifle in smg range. It's freaking ridiculous. One hit sniper kills in close range should not be possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-hLWTeH4yM

Edited by ReadyForWar

3 minutes ago, ReadyForWar said:

You are right, but I don't like how snipers kill in one hit in close range. I think it's bullshit and should require two hits. I've been typing this the entire thread and it's like no one is paying attention to it. This isn't just about luck, it's the fact that people feel comfortable using a sniper rifle to rush because they know if it lands on target it will be a one hit kill. No sniper rifle should kill in one shot in close range.

As mentioned before by someone else:

If you miss your first shot on close range with a sniper , you're dead. No matter how you wana turn it. So, knowing that, how is a sniper overpowered on close range. It requires a lot of skill to be able to rush with a sniper.

Also as mentioned before.
Snipers in CS:GO are mostly one shot kills (except in the legs, same is in battalion). Almost nobody pushes close range with AWP because it isn't about luck, it's really hard to land a shot close range with a sniper. People who rush with a sniper however have insane reflexes and have basically mastered the sniper class. They have the balls to risk it.

Because: 1 shot missing = dead.  It is not unfair against a rifle, especially not when a rifle is also one shot kill (headshot). That's what brammer mentioned earlier , the BAR now got buffed to 1 shot headshot on close range. (correct me if i misinterpret this out of his stream)

Edited by Dark
  • Like 1

I think you are the one who can't read because we are paying attention to it (read the last sentence of my first post = i dont agree with what you are saying). And the reason why we don't agree is because none of us have ever played a game before where you wouldn't get a kill in that situation. Ranges generaly shouldn't matter since we arent playing PUBG or Battlefield.

Edited by GRiM
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GRiM said:

I think you are the one who can't read because we are paying attention to it (read the last sentence of my first post = i dont agree with what you are saying). And the reason why we don't agree is because none of us have ever played a game before where you wouldn't get a kill in that situation. Ranges generaly shouldn't matter since we arent playing PUBG or Battlefield.

You're not paying attention to it. Most of you are focusing on whether or not it's luck.

Taking away a sniper's ability to be used in cqb in general is like trying to fix a dent with a sledgehammer, you go from one extreme to the other. There is an issue when you can hipfire people easily, which means that you have a high damage output without any restriction to your fov, basically how a shotgun works. This can however be resolved by greatly increasing the hipfire radius, like CS does and increasing the scope in time.

Having a reversed damage drop off for snipers is something BF1 did and i regard that as one of the worst ideas in gamedesign history. It encourages an overtly defensive playstyle and takes a big part of the skill involved in playing scope away, which is trying to make it work out of position. In BF1 it's even more terrible for reasons which don't apply to this game, won't get into that though.

Edited by seekax
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, ReadyForWar said:

You're not paying attention to it. Most of you are focusing on whether or not it's luck.

Nope, we are fully aware that you are talking about never wanting to get 1shot on close range by a sniper and if that were the case for me personaly I feel it would take alot away from the game.

as a COMPETITIVE game, it doesn't matter.  a competitive player and team will acclimate to whatever strengths and weaknesses each weapon has.

if we're talking about getting butt hurt in public play because you get owned by someone better than you, uhhh check your ego and maybe try competitive play :]

• Like 1

Last words i may on this discussion godsake.. if you miss , you die 

Edited by ghcts

entertaining as it is reading this thread it's also completely pointless.

snipers will function just like they do in CoD2/CoD4 because that's how the devs have built the game and because Brammetron and KingHoward have a passion for oldschool sniper rifles. you only have to watch some of the gameplay clips the devs have put out to see that. most of the sniping clips are Brammertron.

What i will say is the devs are laser focused on creating a skillful and balanced game. let's trust them to do that and not judge it based on other games especially if you haven't played in any of the alphas because you'll have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. 

I'm in the alpha so pls understand it's based of cod2/4 and no i'm not showing that i have a key.. ffs why is this even a discussion lol.

15 hours ago, ReadyForWar said:

Even the best SMG/AR players will have terrible aim sometimes, but that doesn't justify a sniper being able to kill you in one hit up close. It should take maybe 60-70% of your health but not 100%. They should be forced to bring out their pistol or hit you a second time. No sniper should feel comfortable rushing with a sniper rifle. None

You are right, but no sniper should feel comfortable rushing with a sniper rifle. If they do rush and get close to you, the sniper should require two hits to kill you.

Doesn't this game have something called damage dropoff? How come they can't make it where the damage for sniper rifles is decreased based on how close you are to the target? Is that not easy?

This makes absolutely no sense from any comp or casual point of view for any shooter in general. Please wait till you get to try the game before speaking on the topic further, just try it and experience it first hand. Also go back and look at past titles, they all work fine on the comp scene.

Sounds to me like you are completely neglecting the fact that the sniper will lose if he isn't lucky enough with his close up shot. Of course it will be a huge risk going all in, and not having it one shot that close would be crazy.

Unzoomed accuracy might need some tweaking, but let's all try the game before we get mad about imbalance, no? 

• Like 1

Looking at say Cod1 and Cod2, if you engage or encounter someone up close with your sniper you should have an ability to use skill and luck to get that one-shot kill, however if you miss you should defiantly be punished by the bolting. If you miss that up-close shot against someone decent in cod1, 2 you are usually dead, especially if they carried some sort of automatic.

I do however hope that foot-shots and lower-leg doesn't give rifles one-shot kills.

Edited by heady89

On 15.1.2018 at 4:09 AM, ReadyForWar said:

I will use an example from a video posted here earlier. Just look at how easy the person in the first clip is getting kills with a sniper rifle in smg range. It's freaking ridiculous. One hit sniper kills in close range should not be possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-hLWTeH4yM

I think you're mixing the newer CoDs with the early CoDS. That kind of sniper-action is unacceptable and disgusting as seen in the video. It should not be like that, and it won't. The fire rate shouldn't be that high and the time to aim down the sights should be longer.

Compare shooting with Snipers in Call of Duty 1 and 2 and see the difference. I think most of the players here are thinking how snipers work similar to CoD1, 2 and 4 - not the newer "spray 'n pray" -Call of Duties.

Video Example of all of the Snipers used in Call of Duty -series.

On 15.1.2018 at 4:13 AM, Dark said:

As mentioned before by someone else:

If you miss your first shot on close range with a sniper , you're dead. No matter how you wana turn it. So, knowing that, how is a sniper overpowered on close range. It requires a lot of skill to be able to rush with a sniper.

Also as mentioned before.
Snipers in CS:GO are mostly one shot kills (except in the legs, same is in battalion). Almost nobody pushes close range with AWP because it isn't about luck, it's really hard to land a shot close range with a sniper. People who rush with a sniper however have insane reflexes and have basically mastered the sniper class. They have the balls to risk it.

Because: 1 shot missing = dead.  It is not unfair against a rifle, especially not when a rifle is also one shot kill (headshot). That's what brammer mentioned earlier , the BAR now got buffed to 1 shot headshot on close range. (correct me if i misinterpret this out of his stream)

Exactly this.
1. Most of the times you miss = you're dead
2. Hit the legs / arms  = you might be dead. Be fast enough to change to pistol and hit the enemy once.
3. Get super lucky and hit the head / upper torso to kill the enemy

Edited by vozER