ReadyForWar

Sniper rifles should not beat AR/SMG in close range

I don't know how sniper rifles work in this game, but please don't make it beat AR/SMGs in close range. What I hate more than anything in CoD is when I have an AR/SMG and I'm tearing a sniper up only for them to one shot kill me from close range. Where's the skill in that?

EDIT

I don't know how sniper rifles work in this game, but please don't make it beat AR/SMGs in close range. What I hate more than anything in CoD is when I have an AR/SMG and I'm tearing a sniper up only for them to one shot kill me from close range. Snipers should not feel confident enough to rush with a sniper rifle or to have their sniper rifle out instead of a secondary when in close quarters.. They should only feel confident with a sniper rifle when they are at a distance.

Edited by ReadyForWar
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, antoinew said:

It is about skill, try it man :) it's sometimes harder thEn you think

Sometimes those up close sniper shots are luck. And they're always one shot kills.

Just now, antoinew said:

It's not luck at all:) it requires a quick reaction and skill for it

It is luck. Randomly firing and hitting them is luck. Is a up close sniper kill luck all the time? No. But a lot of times it is luck.

Not really, being someone who use to play a lot of CSGO I've practiced my as* off working on my precision for sniping from all ranges. Now panic flicks can have a little bit of luck too them but still a lot of that being successful is still from skill level.

10 hours ago, ReadyForWar said:

It is luck. Randomly firing and hitting them is luck. Is a up close sniper kill luck all the time? No. But a lot of times it is luck.

As far as ik i don't have much problems with that, if i was in close courters with some1 i would be more uncomfortable with a sniper rifle then , then with a smg

Even though it's a 50/50 change i don't really see the problem with having "luck" , you could easily fake peek and let them reload with their sniper rifle.

You may think it's not rlly skillful but it has actuall skill

Remember a sniper rifle is ment for mid-long range , so i don't rlly see a problem some1 going close range.

• Upvote 1

it never feels good to be killed up close by a sniper. sometimes its luck, sometimes its skill but i think its too much to expect a game to be coded in a way that eliminates close-up one shot sniper kills. the only game i know that eliminates up close one shot kills is widowmaker in Overwatch where you have to be scoped in for approx 1.5 seconds to charge the shot. don't know if a similar mechanic would work in Bat44 but that wasn't how oldschool games worked. 

3 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

it never feels good to be killed up close by a sniper. sometimes its luck, sometimes its skill but i think its too much to expect a game to be coded in a way that eliminates close-up one shot sniper kills. the only game i know that eliminates up close one shot kills is widowmaker in Overwatch where you have to be scoped in for approx 1.5 seconds to charge the shot. don't know if a similar mechanic would work in Bat44 but that wasn't how oldschool games worked. 

For me personally it isn't a huge problem , so i would keep it this way , it's fine how it is now no need to make it complicated

Headshot/bodyshot = instant kill. The rest isn't, regardless of distance. Snipers are a problem in most multiplayer games but it mostly requires hardcore skill to rush with a sniper and kill multiple players doing so. Miss your first shot and you're as good as dead. I don't think tweaking a sniper to be less effective close range is the right way to go, I honestly don't even know how that would work out.

Just now, TwistedMelon said:

If you`re up close to someone with a scope and you fail to kill them before they kill you, then that`s on you. Just kill them next time.

Yeah that's what i said for example simple as it sounds if you miss you die

1 hour ago, ghcts said:

Yeah that's what i said for example simple as it sounds if you miss you die

Yup.

I think people just get mad because they know they should of done better, it`s easy to say "the scope is OP close range" 

It` happens to everyone, it happens to me a lot :D 

• Like 1

oh look... it's this discussion again :)

Snipers are only able to beat the SMG/AR up close  if the SMG/AR player is shit..

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ZeakQ said:

Snipers are only able to beat the SMG/AR up close  if the SMG/AR player is shit..

Its just about out smarting the enemy after all

4 minutes ago, Gold_Chocobo said:

Sniper should lost the scoped sight when hitted

How does that make sense

17 minutes ago, Gold_Chocobo said:

I mean.. that you should aim again if hitted

that would not work. the smg player would abuse the situation by randomly pre-firing anytime an enemy came near him. such an idea would only encourage negative playstyles. in battlefield 3 this mechanic was called suppression and it nearly ruined the game until they nerfed it. and don't forget about aim punch. it does the same thing.

i hate being quickscoped/sniped at close range but i also greatly respect a player who can do it consistently because they are usually better players in a well balanced game.

Edited by Farq-S

i mean i dont even comprehend why any1 would dislike this mans thread.. Its pretty obv to have expectations of not losing gun fights at close range to snipers/rifles..... If you are losing fights to snipers/rifles in close range fights then something is wrong, cod2 had this problem, and yes it was and still is a problem were no scopes were so common that they are expected and players felt very comfortable rushing around with rifles no scoping players, this i hope will not be the case in battalion as its not going to help the player base get into this game if they are getting no scoped every time. Not sure why anyone would disagree with TS on this topic as it makes perfect sense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's not a "problem", it takes skill to do it, and yes, luck is sometimes involved, there's all there is to it.

I've played the alpha and i can say i'm feeling myself uncomfortable in close fights with a sniper , so yes it has some skill and also luck , if you miss you die

9 hours ago, ZeakQ said:

Even the best SMG/AR players will have terrible aim sometimes, but that doesn't justify a sniper being able to kill you in one hit up close. It should take maybe 60-70% of your health but not 100%. They should be forced to bring out their pistol or hit you a second time. No sniper should feel comfortable rushing with a sniper rifle. None

13 hours ago, TwistedMelon said:

If you`re up close to someone with a scope and you fail to kill them before they kill you, then that`s on you. Just kill them next time.

You are right, but no sniper should feel comfortable rushing with a sniper rifle. If they do rush and get close to you, the sniper should require two hits to kill you.

13 hours ago, Farq-S said:

Doesn't this game have something called damage dropoff? How come they can't make it where the damage for sniper rifles is decreased based on how close you are to the target? Is that not easy?

Edited by ReadyForWar

25 minutes ago, ReadyForWar said:

Even the best SMG/AR players will have terrible aim sometimes, but that doesn't justify a sniper being able to kill you in one hit up close. It should take maybe 60-70% of your health but not 100%. They should be forced to bring out their pistol or hit you a second time. No sniper should feel comfortable rushing with a sniper rifle. None

You are right, but no sniper should feel comfortable rushing with a sniper rifle. If they do rush and get close to you, the sniper should require two hits to kill you.

Doesn't this game have something called damage dropoff? How come they can't make it where the damage for sniper rifles is decreased based on how close you are to the target? Is that not easy?

Lol , are u serious it's based of cod2/4 not of battlefield and tf2

26 minutes ago, ReadyForWar said:

Maybe guys wait for 1st february and try it yourself some of you don't even have access for my point of view it's not that big of all deal  , you could easily counter this and keep jumping , so he gets a hitmarker and he'll die (if you're Lucky) no hit you die so SIMPLE. Idk like srsly no1 had this discussion about in cod2/4 so why bothering here. (Sry for my language i'll go take a nap). (rough day)

• Downvote 1