Sign in to follow this  
scud_man

Input lag and Engine Version

I feel a input lag in Unreal 4 Engine games, which i think is a no go for a game like Battalion.

I just found this article, that three months ago, Epic released a update to get rid of input lag: http://shoryuken.com/2017/10/08/new-update-to-unreal-engine-4-will-reduce-input-latency-for-games-like-tekken-7-and-street-fighter-v/

Will the developers update thr game to this verison of the engine, or have they solved the problem on their own?

And how is the experience of the Alpha players?

Can somebody please reply ? The lag was really annoying in Unreal Tournament ...

I will only buy it if theres tiny input lag.

So please can someone confirm if the engine gets updated, or is it a early version?

Or can someone confirm as a player that theres not such a thing

And i dont mean the lag at low fps.

thx

I honestly don't feel any input lag, so I think they fixed it on their own

Battalion has some problems, unusual high or uncommon input lag isn't one of them though. So if that is your concern, buy it.

1 hour ago, scud_man said:

Can somebody please reply ? The lag was really annoying in Unreal Tournament ...

What ever input lag you experienced in UT, the source for it wasn't the same you linked. The thing that got fixed in UE 4.19 is only a real issue for games running on fixed 30 (and kinda 60) Hz/FPS like fighting games. And if you'd have read the sources you've provided yourself, it even states it there ;). Battalion is a game that you run, in the best case, on either the 200 FPS cap or on ~142 with active gsync. 

The lag you experienced was probably something like enabled prerendered frames, r.oneFrameThreadLag on 1 or you running the game in windowed mode with DWM active for example.

If you still want to know which UE version Battalion is running on right now: 4.17. But again, doesn't make much difference input lag wise.

Edited by dpolar