Firefly

Why does the existing community receive the lowest priority?

6 minutes ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Lots of people message me, one more wouldn't have hurt. I recognise people and give them keys. Check your inbox.

Thank You.

Bramm

Wow... you left me speechless....

I've been part of many gaming communities, and I've even forum-moderated one. There were alot of differences between the different communities, but there was one thing that was always the same: "NEVER EVER BEG. NEVER ASK DEVS FOR <insert something here>". Such behaviour could even lead to a forum ban. 

To me, that came as a logical thing. Developers probably have something much better to do than responding to thousands of "OMG PLIZZ GIVE" messages. And in your case, I thought it applied even more. You are an innovative person. You are trying to bring something new onto the market. It takes courage. That comes with a certain level of stress and it requires quite some dedication and time. So never did the idea of asking you for a key cross my mind. Especially after seeing the amount of community members (especially the more active ones!) also hungry for a key. 

I made a thoughtless forum "rage" post, in an, I admit, rather unfriendy way. The fact that you decided to fire a key at me sent a very strong message across to me. This doesn't feel like a "hah. i complained like a biatch and got my way" victory or anything. You taught me a lesson. You made me regret my actions. 

There is one more thing I'd like to mention: it seems that this game has great potential, and in the future, it could gain alot of new players. That will lead to a very active forum. I can say that a big part of the forum posters of a popular game are salty people who will take every opportunity to flame the game or the developers. Unjustly most of the time. Alot of people don't come on a forum to say "oh this gun is nice" or "nice map!!". They come to complain. And they will also seek every opportunity to critisize the developer's response if they don't like it. Please remember that ;)

However, I realise that I did something wrong and I apologise to you. Hopefully I can deliver a good contribution. 

I wish you a good night. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Firefly said:

However, I realise that I did something wrong and I apologise to you. Hopefully I can deliver a good contribution. 

I wish you a good night. 

Now that's a apology, respect! Nice to see, good luck in-game, maybe I'll see you Saturday ;) 

• Like 1

Hahha :D yeee the retweet ofcourse its a trick but i'm happy to retweet np rofl :D Same on the beta page, because they only have your e-mailadres to compare it 2!! Who cares retweet everything, we need as much players as possible!

@[DEV] BRAMMERTRON could you give me a key ;D , joke i love your work , even though i wasn't even in the early access or that i'm not a backer , you guys made my day since the trailer annoucement came in , i've always loved these kind of fps games since i was little , and the communication in discord is awesome , keep up the good freaking work let's make it the year of battalion 1944 ;D , Greetings From Belgium <33 (don't reply on my comment) <33

Edited by ghcts

Maybe everyone on the forums will get a beta key who knows^^ Basically they got the e-mailadresses of everyone who is registered so could be a possiblity to compare this with beta sign ups. So maybe it's community first who knows what they are up to :ph34r:

• Upvote 3

I know it's pretty though if you really want a key, like yesterday i was part of the people who stayed awake till 01:30 AM waiting for the tweet. all the codes were taken so incredibely fast lol. i really was upset but you really can't blame brammer. He is working hard on BAT44 and i'm pretty thankful for the EA release february 1st!!!!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Firefly said:

Wow... you left me speechless....

I've been part of many gaming communities, and I've even forum-moderated one. There were alot of differences between the different communities, but there was one thing that was always the same: "NEVER EVER BEG. NEVER ASK DEVS FOR <insert something here>". Such behaviour could even lead to a forum ban. 

To me, that came as a logical thing. Developers probably have something much better to do than responding to thousands of "OMG PLIZZ GIVE" messages. And in your case, I thought it applied even more. You are an innovative person. You are trying to bring something new onto the market. It takes courage. That comes with a certain level of stress and it requires quite some dedication and time. So never did the idea of asking you for a key cross my mind. Especially after seeing the amount of community members (especially the more active ones!) also hungry for a key. 

I made a thoughtless forum "rage" post, in an, I admit, rather unfriendy way. The fact that you decided to fire a key at me sent a very strong message across to me. This doesn't feel like a "hah. i complained like a biatch and got my way" victory or anything. You taught me a lesson. You made me regret my actions. 

There is one more thing I'd like to mention: it seems that this game has great potential, and in the future, it could gain alot of new players. That will lead to a very active forum. I can say that a big part of the forum posters of a popular game are salty people who will take every opportunity to flame the game or the developers. Unjustly most of the time. Alot of people don't come on a forum to say "oh this gun is nice" or "nice map!!". They come to complain. And they will also seek every opportunity to critisize the developer's response if they don't like it. Please remember that ;)

I wish you a good night. 

As long as you'd have regretted the post even if you were still without a key.

Still, nice one on admitting the mistake and have fun in game.

• Like 1