Jump to content
Firefly

Why does the existing community receive the lowest priority?

Recommended Posts

Yeah, just give keys to random ppl by making the list public... Gl running beta with people who only heard of the game an hour after you announced the giveaway. Half of them will probably quit the game after 1 battle. 

Okay, I will receive criticism. And I understand. I would agree with the critics if I didn't have to wait 1h and 20 minutes because the giveaway was delayed. Was literally F5ing all the time. In the middle of a work-week. At night.

Also, nice trick with the "retweet this!!" thing. It didn't matter. Might as well have not bothered with creating a twitter account at all. 

What a good way to start your new project....

 

Edited by Firefly
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can still singup for the beta, right? That extra giveaway was just Brammer's good will..

Edited by skitelo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it sucked, at least an Hi to acknowledge the people that were asking if they could go pee after 2 hours... top kek ... but hey, 1 feb is almost there and It doesn't seem like days of war shit tier

Edited by mazh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, this is a good thing.

If there's a good demand up front, the beta will give them the chance to place some demand on their servers and test their netcode.

It will help everyone in the long run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Firefly said:

Also, nice trick with the "retweet this!!" thing. It didn't matter. Might as well have not bothered with creating a twitter account at all. 

I was thinking it would be like PM's to ppl that retweeted.. So I kinda understand ur point here..

But the rest.. it's just a giveaway ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, skitelo said:

You can still singup for the beta, right? That extra giveaways was just Brammer's good will..

this thing with signup with email when will be some results who won key? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stroker said:

im retard cause i took day off from work cuz i want to play this game :) but everykey in 5sec was duplicate 

What I don't understand is....

they have an enthousiastic community, which is active on forum and on discord, and hungry for the game. Instead of satisfying them, they go satisfy some random people who may quit the game after 1 battle cuz "UMG DA GREPHIKS SUCK!!!111"

I genuinely think it will be a great game and I'd love to convince my friends to play it too because I'm the type of person who would love to start of a clan or something.

Edited by Firefly
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Merlin said:

Actually, this is a good thing.

If there's a good demand up front, the beta will give them the chance to place some demand on their servers and test their netcode.

It will help everyone in the long run.

but you can do the same thing with people from the community. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, skitelo said:

You can still singup for the beta, right? That extra giveaways was just Brammer's good will..

I'm gonna lose it when that keys also are going to be dropped on twitter as a picture xD lol

Edited by WeAsOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Yeah, just give keys to random ppl by making the list public... Gl running beta with people who only heard of the game an hour after you announced the giveaway. Half of them will probably quit the game after 1 battle. 

Okay, I will receive criticism. And I understand. I would agree with the critics if I didn't have to wait 1h and 20 minutes because the giveaway was delayed. Was literally F5ing all the time. In the middle of a work-week. At night.

Also, nice trick with the "retweet this!!" thing. It didn't matter. Might as well have not bothered with creating a twitter account at all. 

What a good way to start your new project....

 

Stop being salty. If you had just asked me for a code I probably would have given you one because you've been here a long time, but it turns out you're just pretending not to be a salty regular gamer. Sort your act out, don't get upset. We're managing a release of a game here not baby sitting people, if my phone dies and I'm late tweeting for your because I'm working my ass off so be it.

Here's your code, hope someone doesn't take it;  63EMA-D5X0G-KH9NZ
"what a great way to start the project" I've worked until midnight two nights in a row then back at 6am. I don't care if you aren't happy because you didn't get an alpha code. 

There is no line for 'order of who gets special treats first'.. You get me followers so I can promote the game, then you have a chance of winning a beta key. 

This is how I talk to people who speak to any developer on my team without respect. Support us and we'll bring you a great game, make us feel like crap and you're burning the fuel we use to finish this thing.

Bramm.

Edited by [DEV] BRAMMERTRON
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Firefly said:

they have an enthousiastic community, which is active on forum and on discord, and hungry for the game. Instead of satisfying them, they go satisfy some random people who may quit the game after 1 battle cuz "UMG DA GREPHIKS SUCK!!!111"

How do you know it were 'randoms' who took all the keys?? :D

Edited by skitelo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Stop being salty. If you had just asked me for a code I probably would have given you one because you've been here a long time, but it turns out you're just pretending not to be a salty regular gamer. Sort your act out, don't get upset. We're managing a release of a game here not baby sitting people, if my phone dies and I'm late tweeting for your because I'm working my ass off so be it.

Here's your code, hope someone doesn't take it;  63EMA-D5X0G-KH9NZ
"what a great way to start the project" I've worked until midnight two nights in a row then back at 6am. I don't care if you aren't happy because you didn't get an alpha code. 

There is no line for 'order of who gets special treats first'.. You get me followers so I can promote the game, then you have a chance of winning a beta key. 

This is how I talk to people who speak to any developer on my team without respect. Support us and we'll bring you a great game, make us feel like crap and you're burning the fuel we use to finish this thing.

Bramm.

Someone took it. Wasn't me.

 

But anyway, I never PMed you anywhere on discord or on the forum, and I never even tagged you, because I respect you as a developer and I do not want to waste your time. You're probably getting alot of messages from people asking for keys etc etc already. (well, I admit I perhaps destroyed the idea of not wasting your time by starting this topic, sorry). I always thought begging devs for stuff was a big NO GO.

In fact, people on discord were being warned for tagging you. There are more people in the community dying for the key ;)

Also, you should not consider "complaints" like this as an act of offense. I did it because I've never felt this exicited for a game before. It's hype.

I admit I'm not the best at communication after midnight, sorry.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Firefly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean this was pretty straight forward besides the "being late" part... There was like 300 people waiting for 30 keys... basic math here using my fingers would tell me that a lot of people will not get keys... I also saw a ton of people constantly trolling on discord, @mods non stop and posting meme pics, so some of these people that are crying their heart out didnt deserve the key in the first place, it was first come first serve....It also did not let us copy and paste it, you had to type it out, so it gave people a chance who were ready, like myself who was there from the start, hell even earlier spamming for 2 hours. Ive missed multiple giveaways already so i know how it feels like.

Yes i agree, some of these people probably did not deserve a key over others, but its the key give away life, im sure we have all experienced it and this is nothing new...  At the end of the day, saying that you hit f5 for 2 hours means nothing as every1 else did as well, some more then others, its the luck of the draw until you can control your own future and buy the game, until then just chill.

From here on out, if i get any more keys il be giving them away on discord

Edited by HypeRNT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mannnnn we will all be happy little kids on February 1st. Then everybody will be sooooooo happy that they finally can play this game :D

Edited by maximumtilt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Firefly said:

Someone took it. Wasn't me.

 

But anyway, I never PMed you anywhere on discord or on the forum, and I never even tagged you, because I respect you as a developer and I do not want to waste your time. You're probably getting alot of messages from people asking for keys etc etc already. (well, I admit I perhaps destroyed the idea of not wasting your time by starting this topic, sorry). I always thought begging devs for stuff was a big NO GO.

In fact, people on discord were being warned for tagging you. There are more people in the community dying for the key ;)

Also, you should not consider "complaints" like this as an act of offense. I did it because I've never felt this exicited for a game before. It's hype.

I admit I'm not the best at communication after midnight, sorry.

 

 

 

 

Lots of people message me, one more wouldn't have hurt. I recognise people and give them keys. Check your inbox.

Thank You.

Bramm

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Lots of people message me, one more wouldn't have hurt. I recognise people and give them keys. Check your inbox.

Thank You.

Bramm

can you give me a chance joe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh. February 1st isn’t that far away. I was late finding this game, so I am stocked that the EA, was as soon as it was. I recall reading some posts about Q1. Feb 1 is awesome imo. Can’t wait. 🇦🇺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor brammer his inbox beeing full with key requests tomorrow lol... gl reading those :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dark said:

Poor brammer his inbox beeing full with key requests tomorrow lol... gl reading those :D 

Yeah and I thought my work inbox with 200 or so emails a day was bad :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dark said:

Poor brammer his inbox beeing full with key requests tomorrow lol... gl reading those :D 

probably yes :D including me anyway it was long night i didnt go to work cause i wanted to grab one key from joe giveaway.... this is commitment for b44 :D #mybad

Edited by stroker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't people just sign up for the beta? Not sure if I should be promoting this, but use like 10 different email adresses and you should be in, no? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

too much work :D  and when will be some announcement who won key? from this beta email site :D 

Edited by stroker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×