Sign in to follow this  
seaanf

Tek 9 Cinema Frag movies / Plays

So I've been following BAT1944 since the kickstarter launch (unfortunately it caught my attention a couple of weeks too late.). It's possible that the DEV's have already thought about this, but I was hoping for some details / thoughts on the idea.

* I am sure that the DEV's have already thought about this, but I was hoping for some details / thoughts on the feature and understand that it may already be in the pipeline when the demo feature gets integrated in the future

PRETEXT

For those of you who don't know back during COD4 : Promod days, there was a website called Tek9, which was one of the more active communities for the competitive cod4 promod scene (imho). TeK9 started showcasing frag movies that the community had edited and made, the only game(s) that came close in terms of movie quality at the time was CS1.6/CSS.  I feel this helped expose alot of editors, players and helped Cod4 as an eSport - This is the point I want BAT1944 to take on board.

IDEA

A feature I would like to suggest is some kind of community voting system (like Reddit?) into the game maybe on the main menu or as a separate tab on the main menu that will allow users to watch frag movies and vote on them. Then maybe have a frag movie of the week that would be featured, (whether it would be possible to integrate a video hosting site i.e youtube instead of storing the videos on your servers - would allow creators to monetize etc).

A similar/parallel system could be used for "plays" / "clutches" that uses raw demos/unedited videos. Also the usual big tournaments streams but i guess twitch normally has that covered.) - Reward the top picks with some in game currency for use of skins / free BAT1944 merch / cosmetics / banners /icons etc.

Additionally you could also allow for a Hall of fame, i.e top 10/5 most voted movie/demo/pro match. or have a year in review every anniversary of the game launch using similar stats .

Thanks.

Dude I like your idea! Back in CoD:MW it was a big feature to upload a single game replay file (no video file, a game related file, wich kan be replayed by a tool) in esport leagues. It helps to get a cheater caught (on the long run). 

Definitly a must have feature!

15 minutes ago, frylich said:

Dude I like your idea! Back in CoD:MW it was a big feature to upload a single game replay file (no video file, a game related file, wich kan be replayed by a tool) in esport leagues. It helps to get a cheater caught (on the long run). 

Definitly a must have feature!

I've heard they're adding playback of games similar to demos, like you mentioned - it was more community involvement and the marketing / showcasing of BAT1944's s players base, skills and editors, making it more attractive to those who enjoy spectating.

Edited by seaanf

The game will feature a theatermode ingame. This way moviemakers will have all the freedom when making a fragmovie